Just in case you think Lazada reviews are genuine.

Susco

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Uh no, I would say the seller is pulling your leg to a point and has multiple accounts selling the same items and thereby sharing the reviews. The review goes to the item, so its feasable to read that review multiple times on the same item.

From different buyer, bought at different times?

You noticed the first listing were foreign names, purchased 4 weeks ago. The second listing are Thai names, which when translated don't match the foreign names, and were purchase 4 days ago, according to the Lazada verified note.

So, I'm not sure who is pulling my leg, but someone is, and that they are NOT verified is quite obvious

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

And I am sure no seller would be unscrupulous enough to have all his friends buy his product, and say good things about it. I know I would never do such a thing.

Nor his wife, family and employess...lol, gotta take what ya can get. I know of a few places that tell there employees to add and promote etc through social media tol. You have to use any and all options these days in online selling.

I dont like reviews and wouldnt neccessarily read them, unless its a high number so unlikely to be manipulated. Low number can mean anything.

9 minutes ago, Susco said:

From different buyer, bought at different times?

You noticed the first listing were foreign names, purchased 4 weeks ago. The second listing are Thai names, which when translated don't match the foreign names, and were purchase 4 days ago, according to the Lazada verified note.

So, I'm not sure who is pulling my leg, but someone is, and that they are NOT verified is quite obvious

It is not the review that is verified, it is the purchase. It would not be very difficult to have every relative of the seller place and order, so that it would be a verified purchase.

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It is not the review that is verified, it is the purchase. It would not be very difficult to have every relative of the seller place and order, so that it would be a verified purchase.

I know it is the purchase that is verified, the point I try to make is that, however many potential customer base their decision on the reviews, they actually mean nothing - Nada - Zilch.

I'm also sure that Lazada is aware of this, as it would be very easy for a software developer to add an algorithm that detects identical reviews, and flags them as false.

But customer satisfaction is not something Lazada, or should I say their Chinese parent, cares about.

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Why base a purchasing decision on a "review" by someone unknown with unknown credentials? It is an opinion not a review and we all know what an opinion is and who has one.

So what do you base your decision on? The pictures?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Susco said:

I know it is the purchase that is verified, the point I try to make is that, however many potential customer base their decision on the reviews, they actually mean nothing - Nada - Zilch.

I'm also sure that Lazada is aware of this, as it would be very easy for a software developer to add an algorithm that detects identical reviews, and flags them as false.

But customer satisfaction is not something Lazada, or should I say their Chinese parent, cares about.

I understand you frustration, and appreciate taking the time to warn as about it. 

but for the purpose of further exploring the issue, and not to be critical of you,

unless there are 2.000 verified purchase reviews, that would be difficult to fake, and perhaps not even then, I would not base my purchase on the reviews on the selling platform. I would copy the name of the item and paste it in Google search with the word review after it , if it is an item from a major manufactured, there might be an independent review about it.  After all , if you went to Tesco lotus to buy an item you don't look for reviews on the selves , you would do a little research on the product before you went there to buy. or take your chances .

So  google search "Beard teamers review "

Result https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-beard-trimmers-electric-reviews.html

It seems that according to the above article , Wahl makes a good product, then

Lazada "cordless WAHL trimmer"

Result one of many:  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wahl-lithium-pro-complete-cordless-hair-clipper-touch-up-kit-79600-2101-2-pack-of-2-i420772472-s802430929.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.13.3d7c4780PsANnT&search=1

The fake review on selling platforms is not as easy to fix as a simple algorithm, it is a problem that plagues  even giants such as Amazon with it's army of programmers. I am sure Lazada is doing the best they can, but at the same time balance your needs, and the needs of their customers, and their need is to make money. 

Edited by sirineou

13 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I understand you frustration, and appreciate taking the time to warn as about it. 

but for the purpose of further exploring the issue, and not to be critical of you,

unless there are 2.000 verified purchase reviews, that would be difficult to fake, and perhaps not even then, I would not base my purchase on the reviews on the selling platform. I would copy the name of the item and paste it in Google search with the word review after it , if it is an item from a major manufactured, there might be an independent review about it.  After all , if you went to Tesco lotus to buy an item you don't look for reviews on the selves , you would do a little research on the product before you went there to buy. or take your chances .

So  google search "Beard teamers review "

Result https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-beard-trimmers-electric-reviews.html

It seems that according to the above article , Wahl makes a good product, then

Lazada "cordless WAHL trimmer"

Result one of many:  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/wahl-lithium-pro-complete-cordless-hair-clipper-touch-up-kit-79600-2101-2-pack-of-2-i420772472-s802430929.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.13.3d7c4780PsANnT&search=1

The fake review on selling platforms is not as easy to fix as a simple algorithm, it is a problem that plagues  even giants such as Amazon with it's army of programmers. I am sure Lazada is doing the best they can, but at the same time balance your needs, and the needs of their customers, and their need is to make money. 

You must have noticed from my examples in the OP, that I'm not after a 5000 Baht trimmer, but rather something cheap, which will not disappoint when it will be used maybe 3 times a year.

I'm not looking for a genuine brand either, because I know they will be above the budget I'm willing to spend, and not needed for my purpose either.

I know for that price you will get a lot of <deleted> which is not worth the box they come in, but I'm sure it is possible to find something that is suitable for my needs, and I just want to find the best of a bad lot for a reasonable price.

On Lazada there are no listings with 2000 reviews for any item, but I would expect that the few reviews that are available are genuine, otherwise they could as well remove the review section completely.

It may not be easy for Lazada to find the fake reviews, but I'm sure they know very well that the same seller is offering the very same item through 15 different shop names at different prices.

So if they simply would weed out that scam, then the sales and reviews of that item would all be in a single listing, making it easier for the customer to know what is a genuine review or not.

At the end of the day, Lazada is simply not interested in customer satisfaction.

Last year I posted a thread about 2000 Baht of fake batteries, from 3 different brands, I had received.

All those sellers had different shops on Lazada.

I provided Lazada with evidence, sent to me by the respective brands,  that the goods were fake.

Lazada refunded me in full, let me keep the goods and doubled down with a voucher for the same amount, and told me that they would remove the sellers since they didn't condone fake goods sold on their platform.

I have since followed up with several more emails, until they closed the support ticket, but as of today those same sellers are still active selling the same counterfeit batteries.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Susco said:

You must have noticed from my examples in the OP, that I'm not after a 5000 Baht trimmer, but rather something cheap, which will not disappoint when it will be used maybe 3 times a year.

I'm not looking for a genuine brand either, because I know they will be above the budget I'm willing to spend, and not needed for my purpose either.

I know for that price you will get a lot of <deleted> which is not worth the box they come in, but I'm sure it is possible to find something that is suitable for my needs, and I just want to find the best of a bad lot for a reasonable price.

On Lazada there are no listings with 2000 reviews for any item, but I would expect that the few reviews that are available are genuine, otherwise they could as well remove the review section completely.

It may not be easy for Lazada to find the fake reviews, but I'm sure they know very well that the same seller is offering the very same item through 15 different shop names at different prices.

So if they simply would weed out that scam, then the sales and reviews of that item would all be in a single listing, making it easier for the customer to know what is a genuine review or not.

At the end of the day, Lazada is simply not interested in customer satisfaction.

Last year I posted a thread about 2000 Baht of fake batteries, from 3 different brands, I had received.

All those sellers had different shops on Lazada.

I provided Lazada with evidence, sent to me by the respective brands,  that the goods were fake.

Lazada refunded me in full, let me keep the goods and doubled down with a voucher for the same amount, and told me that they would remove the sellers since they didn't condone fake goods sold on their platform.

I have since followed up with several more emails, until they closed the support ticket, but as of today those same sellers are still active selling the same counterfeit batteries.

Some times some of these cheaper items are just as good, it's a hit and miss situation. For me mostly miss ????

, . I am also not beyond looking for a bargain, but I have found out, the hard way, that every time I buy a "cheap" item I end up paying for it twice, and costing me more than if I had purchased the quality item to begin with. But I also find it hard to get over my  frugal self, and in the end we all buy what we can afford at the time. 

Lazada and all these platforms are not in the business to provide customer support, they are in the business of making money, as we all are,  so they have a business model,   and they will provide as much customer support as nessacery to maintain their business model, 

To provide any more would be leaving money on the table, and no business lasts long doing that. The trick is finding the balance, between the two.

Anyway, thanks again for starting this thread, it is something we all need to be aware of, and I am sure there are many that are not,

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Susco said:

Go with a Flyco brand.  I had great luck with them in China, then Thailand, and recently in the USA.

I'd stay away from the big name brands, not just because they're more expensive.  Nobody's going to pirate the Flyco brand...  Wahl, Norelco, Braun?  Yup,  Counterfeits galore.

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Go with a Flyco brand.  I had great luck with them in China, then Thailand, and recently in the USA.

I'd stay away from the big name brands, not just because they're more expensive.  Nobody's going to pirate the Flyco brand...  Wahl, Norelco, Braun?  Yup,  Counterfeits galore.

I never thought about that, ^^^

but if you saw a Flybynightco stay away ????

• Like 1

I find what you have uncovered disturbing. I think you should contact lazada and ask them how the same review by the same people with the same pictures is ending up on multiple products. I doubt what some here say is true--that sharing reviews is approved by lazada.  My guess is the seller has a bunch of lazada accounts and for each product he lists he buys from himself with these accounts and gives it 5 star reviews. Sellers already love opening up dozens of pages for the same product so putting reviews along with them is just one step further to plaster your screen with his product and have fewer competitor products in your view.

• Like 1

I bought a Western Digital 2 terabyte hard drive from a Lazada seller that had high ratings. It failed during the first data transfer. In short, it was fake, so I wrote a critical review. The next day, the review had been removed; consequently, I contacted Lazada, but they did not return my email.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, impulse said:

I had noticed that brandname the other day, but didn't pay attention, so i looked it up again, and they look pretty decent.

Strange thing is that on Lazada the FC5809 is 399 Bht shipped from Thailand, while on Ali - Gearbest or other Chinese online sites, the same item is over 1000 Baht

Does anyone actually believe that Lazada sells genuine brand name products? 

The whole site is just cheap, Chinese fakes and copies!  So long as you are aware of that, then you take your chance and purchase the junk....  

I can't believe some people actually write and complain that their purchase failed or is not genuine.  The Lazada staff and sellers must be laughing their little Chinese socks off!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

i've been a customer of Lazada since they started (almost 10 years ago) and i'd say it's a hit-and-miss especially those that came from overseas ???? Generally i am satisfied but of course there are some bad eggs from time to time which is just ok with me (i dont return it coz of the procedures it would entail). I'm just warning everyone to make sure that the package really belongs to you because lately i've received some package which i didn't order...just dont release the messenger so he can take it back once rejected ???? and ohhhh i dont read and post reviews as situations can differ to anyone ????

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

The whole site is just cheap, Chinese fakes and copies!  So long as you are aware of that, then you take your chance and purchase the junk....  

I can't believe some people actually write and complain that their purchase failed or is not genuine.  The Lazada staff and sellers must be laughing their little Chinese socks off!

When the product you want to buy is at a price 'too good to believe' like 20-30% of regular selling price you can be sure that the product is not the genuine brand.  On the product information on Lazada it will state 'no brand' if that is the case.

But when buying on LazMall - the official store of Lazada - you can be sure that the product is genuine and any warranty foreseen by the manufacturer applies.  Also, when you buy from LazMall and the product you receive turns out to be fake, Lazada will re-imburse you 5 times the price you paid for it. 

• Like 2

It's a mixture, buying off lazada mall is far safer. if a phone is listed as brand name in the specs it almost always is genuine, if it says no brand when the listing says Samsung etc at a daft price it's a fake. What I don't get is the listings at laughable prices, eg 10k sofas or mattresses at 100k. They have lots of listings for Ikea products 4x5 times the shop price.

I can't believe some people actually write and complain that their purchase failed or is not genuine.

Reviews are intended to be written by customers so others can learn more about the product to make an informed decision, not frivolous promotions by the seller. As someone posted here, Amazon has been giving chinese sellers the boot due to  "product authenticity, genuine reviews and products meeting the expectations of our customers." But in Thailand we are stuck with the hopeless lazada that has no desire to fix glaring issues of sellers manipulating and abusing their store. I think this thread is valuable so people can be further warned.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 11:46 PM, CharlieH said:

Nor his wife, family and employess...lol, gotta take what ya can get. I know of a few places that tell there employees to add and promote etc through social media tol. You have to use any and all options these days in online selling.

I dont like reviews and wouldnt neccessarily read them, unless its a high number so unlikely to be manipulated. Low number can mean anything.

I look for reviews outside lazada. I never expect much from no brand stuff so i don't really go through those reviews. 

People will often say i bought a great product because its cheap and then yea the quality is good for the price. 

When i want to buy something i google best ........... and read reviews then look if its available on lazada.

Same goes for amazon i don't often trust their reviews either.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1