Half a million Bangkok residents registered for COVID-19 inoculation

webfact

0C4AA35F-93B3-4AA3-8D25-269DB1345C5C.jpg

More than half a million people in Bangkok are among 1.5 million Thais across the country who have registered to be vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

The top ten provinces for registration are:

1. Bangkok, 516,282

2. Lampang, 223,976

3. Nonthaburi, 51,113

4. Samut Prakan, 44,962

5. Chiang Mai, 43,869

6. Chon Buri, 36,487

7. Songkhla, 35,272

8. Pathum Thani, 33,421

9. Nakhon Ratchasima, 33,398

10. Nakhon Si Thammarat, 30,784

The people who have registered are those over 60 and those suffering from any of seven underlying diseases such as diabetes, obesity, stroke and chronic kidney disease.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/half-a-million-bangkok-residents-registered-for-covid-19-inoculation/

Logo-top-.png

I'm getting the impression that foreigners on ThaiVisa are much more in a rush to get vaccinated than most Thais. Those registration numbers are very low; I think the government will need to "boost confidence" as it's so often phrased.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I'm getting the impression that foreigners on ThaiVisa are much more in a rush to get vaccinated than most Thais. Those registration numbers are very low; I think the government will need to "boost confidence" as it's so often phrased.

They do seem low but keep in mind this phase is meant for high risk Thais. Another reason they really should have fully opened up the June jabs to high risk expats as well.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They do seem low but keep in mind this phase is meant for high risk Thais. Another reason they really should have fully opened up the June jabs to high risk expats as well.

I've based this on 16 million "high risk" Thais currently eligible to register, yes. Adding up the numbers from the OP, they have a LONG way to go to vaccinate a big chunk of those in June and July.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

That means that approximately 10 million in Bangkok have not registered?

Wonder why?

I think the number of people in Bangkok, or at least in the greater Bangkok area, is much closer to 20 million. Which would mean that only about 2,5% of the people are registered. Big whoop.

49 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I've based this on 16 million "high risk" Thais currently eligible to register, yes. Adding up the numbers from the OP, they have a LONG way to go to vaccinate a big chunk of those in June and July.

They make it way too hard to register particularly for elderly Thais. 

The PR campaign needs to be stepped up 1000 percent but as in the US with public figures popular with the people. Government announcements not so much. The trust factor.

Sooner than later make it available all over town at mass outdoor venues hopefully available for walk ins without pre-registration. 

The status quo is not nearly good enough. 

On 5/11/2021 at 1:19 AM, Thailand said:

That means that approximately 10 million in Bangkok have not registered?

Wonder why?

May be they register people when they have the corresponding vaccine doses.