Explainer: Thailand’s vaccine plans and rollout timeline

webfact

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

I read in a report yesterday that some medical staff had reactions having had the sinovac vaccine 

There have been some reactions to vaccines here, most have been relatively mild and self-limiting, such as local soreness, headaches, nausea etc. It's actually an indication that the vaccine is working.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Net: If over 60 or have underlying conditions, you can get a jab in June.  The rest starting in July.  Only 2 jabs available.  The rest?  Who knows.

Right?

Not really, no. The small box says Thais and permanent residents only. The larger text on the left does not. Depends how they define permanent residents. Yellow card, pink card, citizenship? There are many, many of us who have lived here for many, many years without any of those, yet my guess is we would be classified as non-permanent residents. Such as I, who has lived here for over 25 years.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not really, no. The small box says Thais and permanent residents only. The larger text on the left does not. Depends how they define permanent residents. Yellow card, pink card, citizenship? There are many, many of us who have lived here for many, many years without any of those, yet my guess is we would be classified as non-permanent residents. Such as I, who has lived here for over 25 years.

We were told on the phone I could register starting in June.  This synchs up with other reports here.  But yes, it's very confusing.  Hard to know what's going on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

You better read the new Jonas Salk report on the vaccine before you do anything..,.before you do anything 

The dude died in '95. RNA technology, used in Pfizer and Monderna vaccines,  has been  available for 30+ years.  He was just starting to  work on an AIDS vaccine before he passed. Are you a Russian troll?

33 minutes ago, Biffski said:

The dude died in '95. RNA technology, used in Pfizer and Monderna vaccines,  has been  available for 30+ years.  He was just starting to  work on an AIDS vaccine before he passed. Are you a Russian troll?

The Salk Institute, founded by the "Salk" (Jonas), is a very reputable and quite famous research institute.   While some may not agree with their April study article, it does provided very interesting information on both the Covid19 disease and the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand will come good again but at a hefty cost to pay to it's people and economy, and now it's up to the leadership to minimize the costs and damage as much as possible..

How do you minimise the damage you've already caused?

17 minutes ago, Surasak said:

The eu is run by a bunch of idiots, what's new? The UK paid up front and early for the vaccines they have, what's the problem?

Which is why I said comparing Thailand to UK is illogical. Or are you blind or didn't get what I meant? 

• Like 1

All of which will be subject to daily delays and change of plans do to incompetent decision makers.

one year and two months since the borders were closed. No financial relief package, No vaccine But lots of BS.

I don't beleive any messaging from this government. The month of June is to innoculate their medical and front line workers? This is May 2021! This is gross incompetence and corruption at work. The vaccination ramp up is synchronized with local production. Follow the money. Figure it out for yourself. The foreign embassies are just as bad for not standing tall and making an effort to speak clearly to their citizens. Referral to propaganda is akin to being complicit. Shameful yet expected. Stay safe all. Invest in eye protection, mask, soap, and gel. This stasis will be over once they are producing sufficient quantities locally.

P.S. They take so long to approve vaccines ostensibly for the "safety" of the Thai people yet they approve, buy, and are vaccinating with a Sinopharma vaccine that is approximately ~45% less effective with more complications and contraindications. The approach and messaging is insulting but who cares. Time to leave. Smiles and concern do not necessarily equal friendless and happiness in Asian culture. Stay focused on actions and the money.

Edited by RayOday
More thoughts
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, realfunster said:

Yesterday I checked the UK roll-out data which is 50 million doses (1st and 2nd) given over around 4.5 months, so 33 million 1st doses in 2 months (assuming we start early June) looks ‘ambitious’ in terms of logistics and procurement.

Edit : the info gram itself does not even support this claim !

Delivered - 3.6m

Sinovac May - 2.5m

AZ - June 6m

AZ - July 10m (generous assumption delivered and given in July)

TOTAL = 22.1m.....

“Houston - we are missing 11m doses.”

And they are slightly more organised in the UK

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RayOday said:

I don't beleive any messaging from this government. The month of June is to innoculate their medical and front line workers? This is May 2021! This is gross incompetence and corruption at work. The vaccination ramp up is synchronized with local production. Follow the money. Figure it out for yourself. The foreign embassies are just as bad for not standing tall and making an effort to speak clearly to their citizens. Referral to propaganda is akin to being complicit. Shameful yet expected. Stay safe all. Invest in eye protection, mask, soap, and gel. This stasis will be over once they are producing sufficient quantities locally.

They've been jabbing front line workers for months.  Where have you been?  May is for Thais over 60 or with underlying conditions.  June is for farang over 60 or with underlying conditions.  July is the free for all! LOL

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Even with the vaccine  progress in the US, they are talking about another wave coming possibly in the fall.

Here, there are many people in the north or away from cities throughout the country that have no idea about registering or don't care or will not take time to do so.

Short of the government here actually getting out into communities throughout the country, I see this plan unfortunately as failing.

The USA ???????? is doing fine Where are you getting your information

5 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

The USA ???????? is doing fine Where are you getting your information

They are talking about this.  Due to new variants, vaccine hesitancy, and people letting their safeguards down.  In the fall is when these things really come out.

16 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

They've been jabbing front line workers for months.  Where have you been?  May is for Thais over 60 or with underlying conditions.  June is for farang over 60 or with underlying conditions.  July is the free for all! LOL

Read the chart that this thread references. It clearly stated that May is for frontline workers and hot zones. Of course they started earlier. The doctors et.al. need to be able to care for the privledged class. Believe and shill for whomever you care. How is that working out for you?

Edited by RayOday

1.3 million vaccinations so far ?

I don't think thats correct. 

Thailand as with every other country that has attempted lockdowns, including countries that conducted mass testing have achieved little more than delaying the inevitable and decimating their economies in the process.

The only way through this is vaccination in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RayOday said:

Read the chart that this thread references. It clearly stated that May is for frontline workers and hot zones. Of course they started earlier. The doctors et.al. need to be able to care for the privledged class. Believe and shill for whomever you care. How is that working out for you?

What?  I'm just stating the facts.  Hardly a shill....

1 minute ago, Pla nin said:

1.3 million vaccinations so far ?

I don't think thats correct. 

Thailand as with every other country that has attempted lockdowns, including countries that conducted mass testing have achieved little more than delaying the inevitable and decimating their economies in the process.

The only way through this is vaccination in my opinion.

That's about the right number for jabs.  Delaying the inevitable?  Most countries around the world are scrambling for jabs.  There's a HUGE demand and a very limited supply.  What's out there is being bought up by the rich countries.