Explainer: Thailand’s vaccine plans and rollout timeline

webfact

2 hours ago, BB1955 said:

They missed the best window to get everyone vaccinated . I dont see what the hold up is if the vaccines been approved in other countries and put to use . Get it, start giving it to people ! Let the hospitals import it . Stop procrastinating . Stop talking and start taking action. I m very disappointed in the in what could have been done and what has been done .... 

The hold up is " They dont have ample supplies of the vaccine"

All the rest is smoke and mirrors and cover ups.

Edited by Scouse123

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

That may quite rightly be one of the reasons now but the hold up initially was being complacent and slow in ordering supplies, ensuring that one company would supply Thailand with AZ only initially, and no doubt in true Thai tradition government ministers looking at every angle to enrich themselves to the detriment of the real people here which as you say resulted in "smoke and mirrors" 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Does one not get the feeling that most the other vaccines are being excluded except for Sinovac and Astra/Zeneca, or is that just me?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

With almost 2% of the local population inoculated and no clear plans yet for non-Thai residents, questions have been raised about the full picture of vaccination in Thailand, both for locals and expatriates alike,

The only plan that has ever been is wait for the AZ vaccine to be manufactured in-house. Everything else has been speculation.

Hence the mess Thailand and it's people are in.

• Like 1

I left out the red dots.  LOL.  They started jabbing people here back in February.  The big push begins now.

https://www.timeout.com/bangkok/news/covid19-vaccine-012821

The first round of injections will start on or around Feb 14. Frontline medical workers and high-risk citizens will be the first to be inoculated. Here’s a brief:

• February: First 50,000 doses from AstraZeneca will arrive, followed by 200,000 doses from Sinovac. (These vaccines require two doses per person.
  • March: 800,000 doses from Sinovac and 150,000 doses from AstraZeneca.
  • April: 1,000,000 doses from Sinovac. 
  • May: 26 million doses from AstraZeneca-Siam Bioscience bilateral production.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand was in a good place at the onset of this COVID business and than they have rested on their laurels and dropped their guards and threw caution to the wind and here are the results,

Thailand will come good again but at a hefty cost to pay to it's people and economy, and now it's up to the leadership to minimize the costs and damage as much as possible.. 

Vaccination should be free for all Thai and none Thai.

Something free always attracts more people .

B3000 a jab.want attract all that many people.

Give it free and stop messaging about.

How is one going to attract tourists if only half the people in the country have been vaccinated mainly officials who don't mix in with the public.

26 minutes ago, Percy P said:

How is one going to attract tourists if only half the people in the country have been vaccinated mainly officials who don't mix in with the public.

It is free for all Thais.  As a foreigner, who care about 3k baht to protect our health and get rid of this virus.

8 hours ago, Willy333 said:

“More than half of Thailand’s population to receive 1st dose by July.”

Not sure how they expect to accomplish that. Maybe by October if everything goes perfectly.

It says they'll do it by opening registration in July.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand was in a good place at the onset of this COVID business and than they have rested on their laurels and dropped their guards and threw caution to the wind and here are the results,

Thailand will come good again but at a hefty cost to pay to it's people and economy, and now it's up to the leadership to minimize the costs and damage as much as possible.. 

Nobody rested on their laurels. It was a calculated risk with profit motive, through the mechanism of having Siam Pharma be the local producer of AstraZenaca, then selling the product to the government of Thailand.   If anything, it was a gross overestimation of the competency of local labs/vaccine factories to meet these wild expectations.

44 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

British Friend of mine has already had the vaccine and my Wife is registering me for vaccination starting in June.  This is on Koh Samui.

Probably same guy registered to fly on Thailand's first space launch.

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

One of the few who cares for the many. Sounds like he uses his allowances wisely. Good on him.

He is very good as was the previous encumbant (who just happens to be his dad). Evidently it runs in families ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Even with the vaccine  progress in the US, they are talking about another wave coming possibly in the fall.

Here, there are many people in the north or away from cities throughout the country that have no idea about registering or don't care or will not take time to do so.

Short of the government here actually getting out into communities throughout the country, I see this plan unfortunately as failing.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:09 AM, Kiujunn said:

Medconsult, 2600. Google it.

Nobody has ever mentioned anything cheaper. 

I registered yesterday out in the countryside in a very small village because my wife heard the announcement from the village chief on the loudspeaker. So I think this will work as there are good communications in the villages and the word is passing quickly. The nai ampur is saying that all farang will be vaccinated based on age and medical condition. They said work permit and pink Thai ID card are not required to be vaccinated.

Its like a 1500m race. The rest of the World was out off the line 4-6 months ago. 

Thailand is still scratching it's a** at the start line, looking down at it's single leg.

Edited by mr_lob

7 minutes ago, mr_lob said:

Its like a 1600m race. The rest of the World was out of the blocks 4-6 months ago. 

Thailand is still scratching it's a** at the start line, looking down at it's single leg.

You probably meant 1500m ………. but they don’t use blocks for that race either so probably not the best analogy. 

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You probably meant 1500m ………. but they don’t use blocks for that race either so probably not the best analogy. 

don't over-analyze things, buddy. You get the point. Chill out and enjoy your day

4 hours ago, lks7689 said:

Which is why I said comparing Thailand to UK is illogical. Or are you blind or didn't get what I meant? 

I had my distance glasses on so it took a while to get thru.

We all make mistakes, but as I quote, 'Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

3 hours ago, Percy P said:

Are you claiming that half the people in Thailand are not Thais?

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

We were told on the phone I could register starting in June.  This synchs up with other reports here.  But yes, it's very confusing.  Hard to know what's going on.

Quite, particularly when there are splinter groups.

Veeris Ammarapala, IEAT Governor, said that vaccines were one of the keys in driving the industrial sectors out of the Covid-19 crisis. Approximately 1 million people in industrial estates need to be vaccinated against the virus, and half of them have said that they agreed to pay for the vaccine up to 1,000 baht per shot.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/10/industrial-estate-authority-of-thailand-agrees-to-set-up-vaccine-center-for-distribution-at-industrial-estates-nationwide/