Phuket: Brits busted for flouting Covid regulations at illegal pool villa party

webfact

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In fact it was one of those, it was a "gathering" and, so far, there has been no confirmation that all those involved were one family staying together.

Which video, where?

The video is on social media.  As one of your Thai friends to look it up for you.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, connda said:

You can just about walk around to any household in our village and see the same - just without the pool.

What made it a party?  More than two farang gathering.  If they were Thais it would have been a non-issue.

well said; nothing more than harassment. my wife just had a birthday 'party' and were told no more than five so not really a party. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Please publish a link to this so called restriction and crime, although i notice in another of your posts you change your tune to i think...

I honestly can't believe we have quite a few posters actually agreeing with this turn of events, except of course the Brit haters prevalent on any thread where we are mentioned, pity none of them realised the OP was wrong.

He needs to change his nic from Liverpool Lou to Hyperb Ellend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2021 at 7:39 AM, tonray said:

Why not just call in an air strike ? These old pissers are obviously a serious threat to society..not to mention causing Yorkshire pudding shortages across Thailand.

And yet , our local market was full to bursting with absolutely no social distancing or sanitation control. I wonder what would happen if the police tried to bust that?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ecoscape said:

And yet , our local market was full to bursting with absolutely no social distancing or sanitation control. I wonder what would happen if the police tried to bust that?

Not happening

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ecoscape said:

The payoffs would stop...can't do that.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:47 AM, Bkk Brian said:

6 people and a child of around 11 or 12 years old have a get together around the pool and its called an illegal party? Surely we're missing something here as this is just bizarre.

Next door to where I live Thais are having a party every other night. Usually 10 or 12 people attending from as far away as Bangkok ,we live in Phathum Tani . No masks, No distancing, drinking, smoking, fighting. Police do nothing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In fact it was one of those, it was a "gathering" and, so far, there has been no confirmation that all those involved were one family staying together.

Which video, where?

The video is on social media.  As one of your Thai friends to look it up for you.

Some reason you can't link to it?    What do you know about the nationality of my friends, anyway?

7 hours ago, BestB said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't make the laws and it doesn't matter what I think of the regulations during Covid restrictions (I don't agree with most of them but I comply) and I sure don't need any help from you, thanks.

6 people in private house does not break any laws , have more people in 7-11 waiting to be served on daily basis 

Under Covid restrictions it can do, as demonstrated by this case!

There is no correlation whatsoever, legally, between customers queueing in a shop and Covid-restricted "social gatherings".

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

My sons just left my house along with his friend after we watched "Serpent" on netflix as a family gathering. All very risky stuff I know. I'm presuming you or your wife have not had any friends, or family to visit your house in the last few weeks or visited the same.

You mean assuming, not presuming, as you knowledge of my marital situation or my family or social circumstances is not only zero, it is also completely irrelevant to the OP.   

Whether we agree with the Covid restrictions or not (and I don't agree with all of them) does not alter the fact that they exist and flouting them can bring prosecution.   It's your choice what you do, fill your boots.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean assuming, not presuming, as you knowledge of my marital situation or my family or social circumstances is not only zero, it is also completely irrelevant to the OP.   

Whether we agree with the Covid restrictions or not (and I don't agree with all of them) does not alter the fact that they exist and flouting them can bring prosecution.   It's your choice what you do, fill your boots.

I am thank you very much

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Please publish a link to this so called restriction and crime, although i notice in another of your posts you change your tune to i think...

I honestly can't believe we have quite a few posters actually agreeing with this turn of events, except of course the Brit haters prevalent on any thread where we are mentioned, pity none of them realised the OP was wrong.

The link to the relevant Phuket News article and the direct quote from the police has been posted here already, I don't need to post it again.

By the way, I'm a Briton and nowhere did I say that I agreed with what was reported in the OP or with all the Covid restrictions as you seem to be suggesting.  

"...pity none of them realised the OP was wrong".

The OP was reporting what happened as a result of the raid, what empirical evidence do you have that shows that "the OP was wrong"?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Some reason you can't link to it?    What do you know about the nationality of my friends, anyway?

Links to social media are not allowed on this forum.  Read the rules.

• Haha 1

this shows how stupid the hole thing has become, how many people are sitting around in the one stop shops that will have to stop yep all reporting to be done by mobile if dont have mobile just move on, will they bring out the white star soon?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, White Tiger said:

I really hope this goes to Court. It must surely get laughed out of Court.  Police Colonel whatever his name is will end up looking like the biggest dipstick ever. Video footage of the actual "raid" is being shared on the Line app & I have to say there were only 3 people seated outside at the pool the other guests were inside the house, presumably watching tv or cooking or just getting on with life - they must have all thought "<deleted>" is going on when the police arrived. Looks like everyone has been made to go outside & pose by the pool for that publicity shot.  

If only people learned to lock their gates this wouldn't have happened.

The chances of the police having a warrant to enter the premises is ZERO.

• Like 1

Seems pretty obvious that whoever called the police, they really exaggerated the scope of what was happening. Probably said something like, "my farang neighbour is having a big party by his pool", and the cops assumed/hoped for the worst.  A chance at a great payday, looking good in front of the media, etc. So when they arrived to the actual scene they were totally overstaffed and looked ridiculous. That is why we heard the constant "where party? You party"   mantra over and over. They were looking for a crime that had never taken place. 

• Like 1

New orders issued today by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew to clarify the situation. 

"Section 5 of the previous order, regarding “Social activities”, mandated, “For social activities, all people must refrain from gathering for celebration, such as birthday parties, welcome or farewell parties, or others, except traditional events, such as funerals, weddings, or ordination. If the event cannot be postponed, the organiser must strictly follow the disease control measure to reduce the risk of spreading the disease.”

Section 5 of the new order is now separated into sections 5.1 and 5.2.

Section 5.1 features the exact same wording as the previous order.

However, Section 5.2 clearly states, “5.2 Eating, drinking or celebrating among family at a house or other kind of accommodation must not include outsiders. Gathering to do any activities that are at risk of spreading infections must be prohibited."

In other words family gatherings as long as they do not include outsiders are perfectly legal and ok

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-covid-restrictions-extended-foreigners-breaking-order-face-expulsion-79983.php

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

New orders issued today by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew to clarify the situation. 

"Section 5 of the previous order, regarding “Social activities”, mandated, “For social activities, all people must refrain from gathering for celebration, such as birthday parties, welcome or farewell parties, or others, except traditional events, such as funerals, weddings, or ordination. If the event cannot be postponed, the organiser must strictly follow the disease control measure to reduce the risk of spreading the disease.”

Section 5 of the new order is now separated into sections 5.1 and 5.2.

Section 5.1 features the exact same wording as the previous order.

However, Section 5.2 clearly states, “5.2 Eating, drinking or celebrating among family at a house or other kind of accommodation must not include outsiders. Gathering to do any activities that are at risk of spreading infections must be prohibited."

In other words family gatherings as long as they do not include outsiders are perfectly legal and ok

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-covid-restrictions-extended-foreigners-breaking-order-face-expulsion-79983.php

So gathering in a group of 2 is illegal if it's at a property where someone can actually sleep, if the 2nd person is not family and does not reside there ? So you can't have your TinderDate over for Dinner and HankyPanky , that now as to be done in a restaurant ?

Just checking before I renew my subscription !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1