Phuket: Brits busted for flouting Covid regulations at illegal pool villa party

webfact

Sounds like they have a neighbor that takes offense to them. Time to find out who as maybe a hate crime. These pics are in the daytime as well so in a sense it is a <deleted>? As I used in a post the other day as someone here must have read my comment using the word grassed up, now to state differently: They were narced off.

Now I am curious about the CM rules as twice to thrice per week Thai people next to me and in my area do this and it is really annoying because it goes to 10 -11 pm and more. Last week one house a good way from me but in view from a window blatantly had 5-6-7 Thai people in the front of their no real yard to speak of one story small tiny home drinking to well beyond 2 am and could easily be heard. Way pas t curfew and normal acceptable times. But for them no problem. I bet these congregating obnoxious foreigners did not get the noise level beyond 20 -30 decibels at best.

Other risky places are generally those such as private house parties, drinking circles....

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/10/recap-thailand-finds-1622-confirmed-covid-19-domestic-infections-with-22-deaths-with-underlying-health-conditions-in-past-24-hours/

that almost all of the new cases are being driven by private gatherings, primarily small ones with 2-3 people outside of the household having drinks or food together.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/10/chonburi-cases-of-covid-19-dip-to-new-month-long-low-of-63/

Its just a case of plain old Jealousy throw in the old falang flouting the rules the Thais will believe it all to add blame back it up with a photo. Why was the Headline "Brits Busted "  as opposed to Foreigners. More better headline I suppose.  I'm surprised there was no finger pointing. Lets see a back up report saying they were within the rules.

Edited by BarraMarra

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was in a similar position on Sunday and actually in the same area as this. My daughter had a sleepover at a friends villa on Saturday night after being invited from a school friend. Total of 3 girls each 13 years old.

On Sunday myself and another set of parents went to pick them up at 3pm. While waiting for them to finish swimming and get ready we sat around a table by the pool. The Russian couple who owned the villa were drinking some vodka as it was Russia's national holiday (Victory Day), I and the parents of the other girl who were Japanese had a coffee while waiting.

Not exactly an offense.

If not an offense even how you can justify a teen sleepover during a lockdown stage of pandemic boggles the mind.

Are the students tested, are they vaccinated? And why mention the nationality of parents you socialized with. I have Japanese friends in Japan who have not had a meal with anyone outside their household in more than a year. The are follow all government suggestions even though no fear of arrest, not all do and why the pandemic continue  there more than 10,000 dead.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ignorantly baiting seems to be your favourite past time on this tread. Are you saying that a group of three girls who spend the entire week isolating via online learning can't then have a get together at the weekend in one of the parents house's.

You originally said there were farangs, Japanese and Russians drinking.

The virus doesn't care about your thoughts that three girls and their families "deserve" or are " entitled" to a get together.

How hard is it to understand? The virus is spread that way. People die from it. Other people get seriously ill from it. People have had their livelihoods destroyed by it.

A get together for three girls who can talk online isn't necessary during an ever worsening pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News said in their headline that the partygoers were from "the land of gentlemen" - a common Thai reference to Britain, notes Thaivisa. 

Now more commonly referred to as "the land of hooligans. "

• Haha 1