Phuket: Brits busted for flouting Covid regulations at illegal pool villa party

webfact

6 hours ago, actonion said:

Can't have a beer with friends at home they say,  but can go shopping in  Thai street market. thats  ok, how stupid 

Do please try to remember where you are!!??

I'm sorry to have to say this but THANK YOU to the authorities.  No masks or practicing of social distancing seen in the photo.  There are many farangs obeying the rules, why should these be any different.  But, raiding of these parties and get-togethers needs to be done to foreigners and Thais including the Hi-So's as well.  The beaches where I live are open and the Thai (and other nationalities) sit together in close groups again NO MASKS and NO SOCIAL DISTANCING.  Let's get together and obey the rules until CIVID is totally under control or this will continue for many years.

Edited by dlclark97
  • Sad 3

From the Thai Criminal Procedure Code:

Section 92 A search may not be conducted in a private place without a warrant or an order thereof directed by a court, save where it is performed by an administrative or police official in any of the following events:

2.  Where a flagrant offence is being committed in such private place.  (the only event that could apply)

So not only is a quiet dinner gathering of six an illegal offense, but also a FLAGRANT offense!  Amazing Thailand...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

If you are interested, there was a video of the raid 'in progress' on The Taiger youtube channel yesterday.  It was all quite pathetic looking honestly. The police shouting "you party you party you party" endlessly, confused people milling about. There was no music playing, the police found a cooler with wine and beer in it and triumphantly exclaimed "you party" again. The loudest thing in the video was the police- there was no music playing at all.

It looked like the person doing the filming wasn't a police officer, maybe some local do-gooder who snitched on them.  

Phuket do you need to day more monkeys and bananas 

what exactly is the definition / the meaning of "shall refrain"? In my knowledge it's somewhere between "please don't do it" and "you should not", but it doesn't mean "must not", right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, diks said:

Don't worry, Covid will not go away. Colds have not gone away, flue has not gone away, so why do you think Covid will go away? It is your choice to socialize or not.

In certain areas Measles nearly did go away (US was declared measles free until unvaccinated arrivals brought it back into the US and further unvaccinated people spread it)/ 

Polio did go away in all countries except a few in Asia (Pakistan and Afganistan) this is because of poor vaccination.

Smallpox did go away and was eradicated solely by vaccination. 

That said, I agree..... As with the Common cold (4 type of Coronavirus contribute to approximately 25% of colds), SARS-CoV-2 will be with us and will be extremely difficult to eradicate without 100% effective vaccines.

The virus transmits too easily and hides too easily, it can be transmitted through a population or community before its recognised. 

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

what exactly is the definition / the meaning of "shall refrain"? In my knowledge it's somewhere between "please don't do it" and "you should not", but it doesn't mean "must not", right?

Thats incorrect....

Shall not - means the element or action is prohibited.

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

So, how many does it take to make a party? 

I was always told two's company three's a crowd... [unless she was invited]

if it's private party [small numbers] at your home address I don't see an issue, it's not different to having family visit?

So the private  "party" organised for a certain minister by his friends during Songkran, and mulitple people got infected and one died was not an illegal one?

Or is this two tier justice again?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, piewarmer said:

I expected a photo with dozens cavorting in the pool, Is that the evidence, really?

maybe their conversation drowned out the neighbors barking dogs

They all scrambled like cockroaches ???? when the lights are turned on.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

Hopefully, this will make international news and more don't come to be subject to discrimination against non Thais. 

Hopefully...we don't need scuffaws who ignore Covid-19 control measures.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, NE1 said:

That is no different to a large family sitting round a dinner table .

But like the the Darts and the Bridge , it is much more newsworthy when it is the " white devils " doing it.

Yep !

If they would leave out the „pool villa“ and „foreigners“,

and instead chase Thai families and groups,

even if the day had 72 hours, they would not catch all.