US man with Covid flees hospital because doctors wouldn't let him sleep with his Thai wife

webfact

There us no farangland.  Why encourage people to be ignorant and racist?

As far as a man wanting to suffer or die with his wife.....what is it anyone's business? 

Quarantine him and his wife at home as many districts are being forced to do the same. 

Did or have none not read the countless stories of overfilled hospitals, closed hospitals?

Guess what? 

They're true and as I type this: people are being quarantined in their homes. 

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Dont worry Colin in the Phuket part of the forum we got Brit rule breakers. Seems those with roots in that island don't know how to behave ????

Then again im a Dutch rule breaker, i tought up to 20 people were allowed. I got friends coming over for gym sessions. Now i wonder how many people you can have in your own home. 

If they are thai they can be nut to but drinking their lo cal from the same glass 

15 hours ago, nausea said:

As I read it his wife, also with Covid, was in the same hospital but in a different room. How you consider the decision not to allow them to be together is up to you. Personally, I can't see any valid medical reason to deny that request, but I'm not a doctor. Certainly, his decision to go home in a huff was a bit of an overreaction; maybe if they'd explained to him exactly why it wasn't a good idea all this could've been avoided.  I do know that Siriraj Hospital, Bangkok, requires you to have a Thai person stay with you if you want a private room. If I was a cynical person I might suspect that getting the Farang to pay for two rooms, rather than one, might be a motive, but I'm sure that wasn't the case here; no doubt, there are good medical reasons to keep covid patients separated.

Isn't it kind of sweet that he insisted on staying with his wife? Not a hopeless farang/Thai marriage, despite this man's simple nature. I would think it very unusual for a man and woman to share a bed in any hospital under any circumstance. Although what people do in private rooms when they are alone is their business. Perhaps this man saw fit to do otherwise, in an attempt to save money. Farang price gouging at Thai hospitals is obscene.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Reminds me of that american a few years back who kept queue jumping in supermarkets...when confronted his response was "Yeah but I'm an american, we can do what we like"!!

You could  replace AMERICAN  with Thai  here as they generally do what they  like, red  lights  no  problem, wrong way driving ditto,  no lights  ditto ad  infinitum.

• Like 2

It does not matter where this Covidiot is from.  He s a selfish jerk, who did not get his way so he

leaves a hospital even though he has COVID.  Maybe his own wife did not want him in the same room, as she wanted a break from

his snoring when he sleeps.  You know when I am sick, I want to be alone.  I do not need extra noise around or grumpy people

and this guy was likely both.  Glad the hospital took him back, and maybe they should chain him to his bed so he won't stray 

again,   just a thought.

Geezer

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Any reason given why he couldn't share a hospital room with his wife?

Normal Thai hospital policy is to insist a relative shares your room.

People respond to and recover from Covid infections at different rates, why compound the recovery treatment by having two people in the same room hindering each others recovery

As for normal Thai hospital policy that doesn't cover Covid treatment... using your spouse as a nurse.?

Looks like the doctors made mistake with a logical request, why waste another room if you can stay together. (oh yeah they can charge less) His move was not smart but after all he has an USA passport so nobody can touch him, right ???? This morning at a famous shopping centre they put tables and chairs for the covid tests of their staff. Everything arranged next to each other without distance. Give them a remark and they got it. Makes sense, no? On the parking lot plenty of people with mask on the motorbike but no helmet.  Makes sense, no.  Another  Thai Chinese family moved far aside when they noticed me (farang) Asked if the had a problem with farangs? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dexxter said:

His hand gesture is not rude. It is the sign you give saying "I love you". Surely you already knew this?

was talking about the yank before him that gave the middle finger(one) when asked to wear a mask

I said its better to use TWO than ONE....never said it was rude or wrong...I was referring to ONE being bad

Surely you knew this....?

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

2 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Whats the big deal, should have let him stay with his wife.

and none of this would have happened.

But i get the felling it could be about money, 

two room cost more than one.

TIT.

I assumed they were in an open field hospital and he wanted to sleep in the female section with his wife????

If one leave quarantine in Singapore there are  consequences. A British National who left his hotel room during quarantine and walked up to another room to see his wife was sentenced to two weeks in jail and $750 fine.  

What are the consequences for quarantine rule breakers in LOS?  

On 5/11/2021 at 9:00 AM, Moonlover said:

He has been ordered into a hospital, (in accordance with the law) but his wife, who also has Covid has not. Why not? 

Are they not aware that the wife can also pass on the virus to the relatives and neighbours?

His wife is in the hospital, too. He went home because they wouldn't put him in the same ward/room as she was in.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:55 AM, robblok said:

It was a joke, point being we will get many articles like that until people keep to the rules especially foreigners as we stick out.

Too bad we do have a lot of idiots here.

The ???????? locals are guilty of far worse ????

25 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

The ???????? locals are guilty of far worse ????

Yes but he locals are not the ones that are under a magnifying glass us foreigners are. Its the same all over the world if your a foreigner you have to live up to different standards get judged faster ect. Nothing new just look how some people talk about immigrants in their country. 

Its totally wrong but that is how it is.