Pattaya: German in a Benz kills motorcycle taxi woman after she  shoos away soi dogs

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Tragedy struck on Sukhumvit Road on Sunday night near the Chaiyapreuk lights on the side bound for Chonburi when a Mercedes Benz collided with a female motorcycle taxi rider. 

Police  and rescue workers at the scene found the Honda Wave 110cc wedged into the front fender of the black car with Bangkok plates. 

The car had a smashed windshield on the driver's side. 

Mr Langer, 29, a German national was driving the car.

Given CPR at the scene but soon pronounced dead was 21 year old Rungnapha who worked the Soi Nor Jap Tao rank. 

Witnesses said that the woman had been shooing away some soi dogs that had gathered in the road when the Benz arrived at speed and hit her from behind propelling her into the windshield of the car. 

It was unclear from the report whether she had slowed or stopped because of the dogs.

Mr Langer is helping police with their inquiries. Pol Lt Thanathorn Le-arun, in charge of the case, is also studying CCTV to get to the truth of the matter, reported Sanook yesterday. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-11

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

13 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Start with how dark was the tint that someone puts on their windows for some reason ????

Hi-so wannabes.. A <deleted> scratched my car while she was parking next to me, her excuse was the parking (in a Central mall) was quite dark at the time...

Edited by metisdead
Vulgar profanity removed.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Another dog related death.  Thais care more about dogs than people.  There should be NO dogs anywhere unless on a lead.  All others should be euthanized.  Thailand is SIXTY years behind UK in this respect.

mostly cars running at 100 speed nighttimes or more,every night this area of sukumvit same

whos to blame maybe both

56 minutes ago, kotsak said:
1 hour ago, Aomelia said:

Driving at Night in Thailand has Severe Consequences 

Yeap, a reason why I don't like driving when it gets dark, not to mention all the oblivious drunk coming out late as well.

Certainly a reason not to ride my motorcycle at night....   More reason to take the car !

Over the past 20+ years I have done everything possible to avoid driving at night outside of the city or towns (i.e. on the highways).

The one time I did drove between provinces at night (about 8 years ago) the road was pitch black, in driving within the limits of my lights I was amazed at the speed of which other vehicles passed me... 

The drunks... always a worry for us. No so much of a concern for the police who only seem concerned with setting up a road block from time to time, catching their quota 20 drunk drivers, taking the money then letting them get on their way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

No sure the relevance of the "Benz," are they saying it's better than being killed by a Toyota? 

Better for her relatives who might be getting a higher payout, perhaps?

(Benz = rich, foreigner = guilty)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Another dog related death.  Thais care more about dogs than people.  There should be NO dogs anywhere unless on a lead.  All others should be euthanized.  Thailand is SIXTY years behind UK in this respect.

And yet the UK has its Royal Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Animals (founded 1824), but can only manage the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (founded 1884 - 60 years later).

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1