Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Pattaya: German in a Benz kills motorcycle taxi woman after she  shoos away soi dogs


Recommended Posts

On 5/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, jacko45k said:
On 5/11/2021 at 4:07 PM, Stefan halenko said:

3  For the lady to be thrown backwards onto the car windscreen again appears to be a sudden impact rather than a shunt

Why would she be thrown backwards.... ?

Kinetic energy. The bike would be pushed ahead by the car, she'd be launched into the air and land on the approaching car's bonnet/ windscreen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another dog related death.  Thais care more about dogs than people.  There should be NO dogs anywhere unless on a lead.  All others should be euthanized.  Thailand is SIXTY years behind UK in this res

Sounds to me like the Benz driver ploughed into the back of her and killed her, hardly a dog related death, more like foreigner who wasn't watching where he was going. 

Careless driving by the Benz driver...not paying attention to the road ahead. R.I.P. the young lady......a complete waste of life.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Kinetic energy. The bike would be pushed ahead by the car, she'd be launched into the air and land on the approaching car's bonnet/ windscreen.

 

I would rather use inertia to define it. 

 

Newton's first law: "Newton's first law of motion states that a body at rest remains at rest, or, if in motion, remains in motion at a constant velocity unless acted on by a net external force"

 

When she got hit from the back, the motorcycle got accelerate due to the impact. But since she has no attachments to the moto she continues at rest and eventually she gets hit by the bonnet / windscreen of the approaching car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2021 at 5:07 PM, sead said:

Just take a look at those tinted windows. It's ridicolous 

Just take a look at the photo of the reflective glass of the windows, taken at night with an unlit car interior.  It's ridiculous to judge the level of the tint from where you're looking.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, RobMuir said:

The headline of the link says the Benz didn't brake in time and hit a girl who was trying to get a dog off the road.

 

The German ran up her behind and killed her. He is clearly at fault. That is the law.

No, it doesn't, the headline is this...

"Sad girl is afraid of a dog being hit by a car. Riding on the sides Benz does not brake, the end of the brake is turned off".

That same linked article also says...

"Win a motorcycle, a girl riding a motorcycle, herding a dog in the way A young German man can't drive a Benz on the brakes End of the word"

 

It's a brave man who apportions blame based on any report translated like that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, josthomz said:

BUT common sense

is not found in Thai roads, more likely the opposite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, josthomz said:

don’t even have a working light

The m/c most certainly did have  working light. It can be seen on the OP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pedro01 said:

It's an interesting theory - but the rear wheel of the motorbike is still completely round.

And how did you determine that, I can't see it in the OP picture? 

You made it up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bojo said:

I gotta say, no matter how many years I have experienced Thai life/style, I still can't get my head around  the Thai way of compensation for death'...is it only me??

It is done in Arabic countries too....'deya' if I recall. Depends on what the victim's nearest and dearest is prepared to accept. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Kinetic energy. The bike would be pushed ahead by the car, she'd be launched into the air and land on the approaching car's bonnet/ windscreen.

And why would she be thrown backwards if the kinetic energy/ inertia is from a vehicle moving forwards? The car hit her!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And why would she be thrown backwards if the kinetic energy/ inertia is from a vehicle moving forwards? The car hit her!

The momentum was against the bike, not her, she remained stationary whilst the car moved forward, that's why she hit the windshield which you can see is badly damaged from the impact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Brierley said:

The momentum was against the bike, not her, she remained stationary whilst the car moved forward, that's why she hit the windshield which you can see is badly damaged from the impact.

As I said, the car hit her from behind and she was not thrown backwards. Momentum has direction.

Edited by jacko45k
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As I said, the car hit her from behind and she was not thrown backwards. Momentum has direction.

Agreed. but the bike was pushed from under her, she was not hit, she remained stationary, she had no momentum, only the car and the bike did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brierley said:

Agreed. but the bike was pushed from under her, she was not hit, she remained stationary, she had no momentum, only the car and the bike did.

She was hit by the windscreen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacko45k said:

She was hit by the windscreen. 

Sort of. The windshield didn't exactly jump out and hit her by itself, the car propelled itself into a more or less stationary body whilst moving the bike forward from under her. Again the bike and the car have momentum, the much lighter body did not, the first time the car made contact with her was when she hit the windshield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brierley said:

Sort of. The windshield didn't exactly jump out and hit her by itself, the car propelled itself into a more or less stationary body whilst moving the bike forward from under her. Again the bike and the car have momentum, the much lighter body did not, the first time the car made contact with her was when she hit the windshield.

I suspect you are German!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect you are German!

Brit.!

 

Hey, it's OK not to agree on these things, doesn't make anyone bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were mosly agreeing actually. 

9 minutes ago, Brierley said:

the car made contact with her was when she hit the windshield.

Now you got her moving backwards again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I thought we were mosly agreeing actually. 

Now you got her moving backwards again!

No, silly, the car was moving forward, she didn't have momentum, the car did. Try this....put one small object on top of another, two corks or similar. Now, flick the bottom cork forward and see what happens to the top cork, it falls but remains broadly where it is because it has no lateral momentum. Meanwhile, your finger, aka the car, moves into the space previously occupied by the lower cork, aka the bike and the upper cork has just bounced off your finger, aka the windshield. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And how did you determine that, I can't see it in the OP picture? 

You made it up!

The pic is in this thread. Do keep up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

The pic is in this thread. Do keep up.

....Looks flattened at the top.

Edited by jacko45k
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it doesn't, the headline is this...

"Sad girl is afraid of a dog being hit by a car. Riding on the sides Benz does not brake, the end of the brake is turned off".

That same linked article also says...

"Win a motorcycle, a girl riding a motorcycle, herding a dog in the way A young German man can't drive a Benz on the brakes End of the word"

 

It's a brave man who apportions blame based on any report translated like that!

 

 

I think your mistake was to use Google translate that doesn't have a brain and therefore can not translate correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

 

 

I think your mistake was to use Google translate that doesn't have a brain and therefore can not translate correctly.

I didn't use anything to translate it, that's how the link was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As I said, the car hit her from behind and she was not thrown backwards. Momentum has direction.

at impact, both his car and her bike accelerate faster than her, she still carry the momentum her bike had before the push, if the speed difference was sufficient, the car would then hit her after it pushed the bike under her

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, scammed said:

at impact, both his car and her bike accelerate faster

Her bike accelerated, the car likely decelerated. Why would it accelerate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Her bike accelerated, the car likely decelerated. Why would it accelerate?

yes, wrong word, it traveled faster in the forward direction

than her, so relatively she was moving backwards

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 3:53 PM, scammed said:

yes, wrong word, it traveled faster in the forward direction

than her, so relatively she was moving backwards

 

She was stationary.  The objects (car and bike) were moving beneath her.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

 

She was stationary.  The objects (car and bike) were moving beneath her.  

was she standing still at the moment of impact or was she driving ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scammed said:

was she standing still at the moment of impact or was she driving ?

 

From the photo, it appears she was sitting on the bike.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

 

From the photo, it appears she was sitting on the bike.  

yes that much is obvious, but was she driving or standing still at the moment of impact ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, scammed said:

yes that much is obvious, but was she driving or standing still at the moment of impact ?

 

The article seems to suggest she was stationary, trying to move dogs off the road, but maybe she was reversing.  🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...