Mor Prom app for those without pink card?

JTXR

The gov't says expats over 60 will be eligible for vaccination starting in June along with Thais.  But can they register yet on the Mor Prom app if they don't have a pink card?

• Haha 1

There is an article on Thai Visa titled: Explainer: Thailand's vaccine plans and rollout timeline.  If you go past all the charts there is a link to the full story with a question and answer section.  Once again it is saying a pink card is needed to register for the vaccine for June and July. You need to be over 60 or have specific medical conditions. It also says if you dont have this pink card  the criteria and plans for future vaccination remains unclear.

The alternative for private hospitals also remains unclear.

Personally, Im over 60, no pink card, so Im out of luck myself. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

I have two friends in Surin. Each wife signed them up on Mor Prom NO PINK ID CARD. Appointments are on June 8 and June 10.

Wonder how she did that? Using proxy names or fake ID numbers? Might go wrong.

It has been reported that foreigners can not apply before June.

MorProm didn't work for me with the pink card.

Some successful applications from the first day seem to have been revoked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

At the end of the day, despite all the chest puffing by those with pink id cards, it will be up to the local medics who decide, you look a foreigner, you have a pink card, let's see your passport !! So if those with a pink id card are so exalted in their own importance they may well be disappointed when they are turned away as being a foreigner. Now for those with their feet on the ground rather then their heads up their backsides, read all of the threads. Foreigners will have to join the queue later as much as that may hurt the foreign plonkers on here who consider themselves special. And why not ? The UK should have put their own people first in my opinion.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, treetops said:

It's been explained in another thread, but it's something along the lines of the wife signs up using her ID number, then adds the hubbie as a dependant or household member or suchlike, which does not have the Pink ID card check/requirement.

Interesting workaround.

But as supply of vaccines is not expected any day soon I will wait for further development.

My expectation still is that most expats ("temporary alien") will be pushed toward private hospitals and paying for the vaccination.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 9:58 AM, khwaibah said:

I have two friends in Surin. Each wife signed them up on Mor Prom NO PINK ID CARD. Appointments are on June 8 and June 10.

Are they over 60 or have specific medical conditions?

23 hours ago, Excel said:

At the end of the day, despite all the chest puffing by those with pink id cards, it will be up to the local medics who decide, you look a foreigner, you have a pink card, let's see your passport !! So if those with a pink id card are so exalted in their own importance they may well be disappointed when they are turned away as being a foreigner. Now for those with their feet on the ground rather then their heads up their backsides, read all of the threads. Foreigners will have to join the queue later as much as that may hurt the foreign plonkers on here who consider themselves special. And why not ? The UK should have put their own people first in my opinion.

Since getting my pink card a few years back my passport has remained in my safe wherever I go in Thailand I just show my pink card if they ask for other ID which is extremely rare I show them my Thai Driving License however as a precaution I do have a pic of my passport on my mobile phone but as yet have never had to produce it .

• Like 2

Just now, crazykopite said:

Since getting my pink card a few years back my passport has remained in my safe wherever I go in Thailand I just show my pink card if they ask for other ID which is extremely rare I show them my Thai Driving License however as a precaution I do have a pic of my passport on my mobile phone but as yet have never had to produce it .

And you don't need to go to immigration for any extensions etc ?

Off topic question -  can you register yourself for covid vaccines at more than one private hospital ? Bumrungrad is accepting contact details now,  Bangkok Hospital is not yet, not sure about others.. ( I'm sure there may be a memo in 2 weeks time stating you can only register at one private hospital, preferably the one you have history at ).  

If you have a Thai ID number (for example, from filing for tax refund, or on a SS card) then even without a pink card, you can register in the current app (needs a Thai speaker's help and lots of patience and repeat tries, though)

If you do not have have a Thai ID number you cannot register on the Thai language app. An English language version specifically designed for foreigners is supposed to be released next month., However, it is not yet clear what time period this will let people get appointments for and in any case pretty safe bet that June and even much of July will already be fully booked by then.

Some hospitals are allowing foreigners to make appointments  in person, most seem not to yet,  but it does vary by location.

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2021 at 10:18 AM, KhunBENQ said:

i haven't heard of any appointments made via Mor Prom app being revoked and people continue to make them.

What will happen when they show up for their appointments, if MoPH does nto give specific instructions that it is allowed to vaccinate foreigners, is another matter.

33 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Off topic question -  can you register yourself for covid vaccines at more than one private hospital ? Bumrungrad is accepting contact details now,  Bangkok Hospital is not yet, not sure about others.. ( I'm sure there may be a memo in 2 weeks time stating you can only register at one private hospital, preferably the one you have history at ).  

The private hospitals are not issuing appointments yet.  What people are doing is getting in waiting lists (and only some private hospitals have these).

For that, no limit.

But I think when it comes to an actual appointments,  there will be an online system that prevents having more than one.  That is already true for appointments made via Mor Prom app and my guess is that this is why it is taking a while to release a version specifically for foreigners, they need to figure out how they will cross-check individuals who don't have a Thai ID number and, in some cases (i,e, some migrant workers and stateless people) also no passport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instead of worrying about whether you have a pink card or not why not enquire at your local government hospital.

I live in the North of Chiang Mai Province and yesterday along with a few other farang friends registered at the local hospital.

We were all  given an appointment card showing our name and the time and date in early June and advised that we will be given the AstraZeneca vaccine at no cost.

The process took only a few minutes and if you haven’t used the hospital before all that was needed was proof of address ( eg driving licence)

I cannot believe that it is only applicable in this Province.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Interesting workaround.

But as supply of vaccines is not expected any day soon I will wait for further development.

My expectation still is that most expats ("temporary alien") will be pushed toward private hospitals and paying for the vaccination.

That is what we (My wife and myself) are going to do. (private hospital and paying for the vaccination) as we have insurance from abroad and they will pay for it.

We also asked other family members about waiting (and we pay for their vaccination at the private hospital), but they are oke with the Government offered vaccine (Sinovac)

Edited by MJCM
Forgot to add some info

On 5/11/2021 at 5:28 PM, treetops said:

It's been explained in another thread, but it's something along the lines of the wife signs up using her ID number, then adds the hubbie as a dependant or household member or suchlike, which does not have the Pink ID card check/requirement.

And if the Mrs is only 50, and I am 73?

I'm a teacher. Teachers may sign up for the vaccine already. I've got my school to do it, which was about to do this only for the Thai teachers at first. 

Like usual, you've got to jump through multiple hoops. If you think you've got enough docs, they come up with more docs you've got to bring. Now they want to have my degree, because apparently your degree affects the way the vaccine works in your body... 

All of my wife's family and what seem like most of the village I live in have said they will not have a vaccination simply because they have read about the small number of people who have suffered side effects and are now scared. I have done my level best to attempt to convince them that the risk is tiny compared to the greater risk of contracting the virus and becoming seriously ill but so far to no avail.

When I say I would want to have it and explain that if I was in my own country I would have had two doses already you would not believe the answer I received from more than one person. Stunned I was when they suggested they would put their own name down for 500 baht and when it came to their turn on the day, then, as they knew all of the nurses and doctors at our small local hospital that will be administering the vaccinations ( and for that matter I know most of them too), then another 500 baht will ensure that I take that persons place in the queue. Quite how I would eventually get a record of my vaccination seemed a bit unnecessary for them !

Guess that would be one option to protect myself and no doubt an awful lot quicker than what the governments plans for us foreigners. I am tempted.

2 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

I'm a teacher. Teachers may sign up for the vaccine already. I've got my school to do it, which was about to do this only for the Thai teachers at first. 

Like usual, you've got to jump through multiple hoops. If you think you've got enough docs, they come up with more docs you've got to bring. Now they want to have my degree, because apparently your degree affects the way the vaccine works in your body... 

Well temperature is measured in degrees so maybe they think it is the same so do you have 36 of them ?????????

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 6:08 PM, StevieAus said:

Instead of worrying about whether you have a pink card or not why not enquire at your local government hospital.

I live in the North of Chiang Mai Province and yesterday along with a few other farang friends registered at the local hospital.

We were all  given an appointment card showing our name and the time and date in early June and advised that we will be given the AstraZeneca vaccine at no cost.

The process took only a few minutes and if you haven’t used the hospital before all that was needed was proof of address ( eg driving licence)

I cannot believe that it is only applicable in this Province.

It certainly isn't applicable in Pattaya, at least, not generally. Both Banglamung and Pattaya City are objectionably aggressive in turning away foreigners, at least in my case. There are stories, mostly from up country, where people seem to be having much more success, either by personally attending a hospital, or who have Thai wives who are able to register them.

I'm not going to pursue this stupid nonsense any further. I'm registered at one private hospital. I don't feel threatened by covid. Cases have been in double digits for a week or two in Chonburi. I can see where the cases are. To hell with the stupid system here! All it's doing is setting us all against each other. Got us all running around like headless chickens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

It certainly isn't applicable in Pattaya, at least, not generally. Both Banglamung and Pattaya City are objectionably aggressive in turning away foreigners, at least in my case. There are stories, mostly from up country, where people seem to be having much more success, either by personally attending a hospital, or who have Thai wives who are able to register them.

I'm not going to pursue this stupid nonsense any further. I'm registered at one private hospital. I don't feel threatened by covid. Cases have been in double digits for a week or two in Chonburi. I can see where the cases are. To hell with the stupid system here! All it's doing is setting us all against each other. Got us all running around like headless chickens.

Sounds like a common sense idea, if the government one falls through for some reason I will obtain one, when available from the private hospital I deal with in Chiang Mai.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:18 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Wonder how she did that? Using proxy names or fake ID numbers? Might go wrong.

It has been reported that foreigners can not apply before June.

MorProm didn't work for me with the pink card.

My wife signed me up yesterday using the app. Once she entered my pink id number my name popped up automatically. 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:41 AM, swm59nj said:

There is an article on Thai Visa titled: Explainer: Thailand's vaccine plans and rollout timeline.  If you go past all the charts there is a link to the full story with a question and answer section.  Once again it is saying a pink card is needed to register for the vaccine for June and July. You need to be over 60 or have specific medical conditions. It also says if you dont have this pink card  the criteria and plans for future vaccination remains unclear.

The alternative for private hospitals also remains unclear.

Personally, Im over 60, no pink card, so Im out of luck myself. 

If you live in a rural area, many of those areas are allowing foreigners to register at community health clinics and/or district hospitals. I registered at our community health clinic, 1 of my friends, with a pink ID card, registered at the district hospital, and another friend, no pink ID card, but married to a Thai Govt employee, was also able to register at the district hospital.