Surin covid regulations

Kiujunn

I would like to travel to Surin, by train or by taxi, but cannot find out what the current Covid entry restrictions are.

I will be travelling from Bangkok and am worried that I might be required to be in state quarantine for 14 days. 

I was hoping that I could enter with no quarantine requirement (or with maybe just a test).

Is a test before traveling required or helpful? 

A friend of mine returned from Bangkok to Surin on Apr. 24.  The only thing out of the ordinary was that, as he left the bus, he was asked to provide his name and phone number. This was presumably to notify him if any of his fellow passengers turned out to be Covid positive.  It was not required, or even suggested that he quarantine.

• Like 1

The info from April 24 may be a bit outdated. I believe people traveling from red zones and deep red like Bangkok are required to home quarantine for 14 days. 

Road checkpoints have been set up in various provinces in the past week. I know Buriram, Sisaket and Ubon all require 14 day home quarantine if arriving from a red zone. That includes a quick shopping trip to a neighbouring province and back. 

Edited by Farma