Thailand reports 1,919 COVID-19 cases, 31 new deaths

webfact

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Civil servants don;t necessarily get the day off - especially not during a pandemic. My wife worked yesterday and works 6 days a week now because of the pandemic. I doubt the numbers are reflecting holiday or weekend effects, unlike other countries, where its quite obvious from the graphs. But we don't see that effect in our daily cases. 

All the Amphur's and Tambon Offices were closed around our way yesterday along with the Maintenance Yards etc.  They don't often miss a chance of a day off !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

but not so high as to lose face in the international community and jeopardize a quick return of tourism.

From Travelheathpro, which probably puts a nail in Thailand's planned opening - especially from the UK

COVID-19 in Thailand

Based on currently available information, there is a high risk of exposure to COVID-19 in this country.

All travellers should check the FCDO travel advice and carefully consider the risks of exposure to COVID-19 before travel to this country. Those in clinically extremely vulnerable groups should seek advice before travel.

Individuals entering or returning to the UK may be required to follow additional UK border measures including self-isolation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No one here seriously is predicting a decline in deaths any time soon. Since deaths lag new infections by up to 3 weeks, we can expect double digit deaths into June.

People die in global pandemics.  Double-digit daily deaths is tragic but not nearly as high when compared to many other countries.  Let's hope the authorities do not panic and start introducing draconian "lockdown" measures.

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1392006808609333256

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education announced that they plan to vaccinate 600,000 teachers nationwide before the new semester begins on 1st June. Teachers in the red zones will receive the vaccine first (Source:

) #Thailand

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

Daily trend for new cases in Bangkok from May 5 through today's May 11 update:

The numbers on the first line below are Thailand's total daily new domestic COVID cases for that period, excluding new cases found among international traveler arrivals in quarantine. The Bangkok province numbers are on the second line, showing up  and down movements but no real recent trend.

The totals in the far right column are Thailand's domestic case and Bangkok province's totals since the start of the current third wave of the pandemic at the beginning of April.

Screenshot_7.jpg.6635d4cbcf90c8a02221756dfcf36466.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/322916102660054

The Thai government has THB240 billion left over from the THB1 trillion economic stimulus loan, plus THB60 billion from the 2020 emergency budget, to address the COVID-19 crisis until September 30.

The money will be used to bolster several measures, such as Rao Chana (We Win), Mor33 Rao Rak Kan (Section33 We Love Each Other), Khon La Khrueng (Let's Go Halves), as well deposits into the state welfare card, to help ease people’s burden and stimulate the economy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1392006808609333256

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education announced that they plan to vaccinate 600,000 teachers nationwide before the new semester begins on 1st June. Teachers in the red zones will receive the vaccine first (Source:

) #Thailand

I hope that will also include the thousands of International teachers here and not just Thai

• Like 2

In its briefing Tuesday, the Ministry of Public Health presented a chart showing the steadily rising numbers of critically ill COVID patients in hospital and the share of those requiring the use of ventilators to breathe.

The top horizontal trend lines below show the numbers of critically ill COVID patients in hospital, with the national numbers in red, and then subtotals of Bangkok and adjoining provinces in blue, and the remaining provinces in green. The number of critically ill nationwide rose from 829 on May 1 to 1,207 at present.

The bar graphs and numbers below show the portion of those patients requiring ventilators to breathe, which has risen from 270 at the beginning of May to 390 at present. The bar graphs have the same area breakdown being red for nationwide, and then subtotals of blue for Bangkok and adjoining and green for all other provinces.

Screenshot_20.jpg.1ddc8654e5554b9ee47288b17dbe82da.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/322914892660175/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would someone who has FB kindly open this link and tell me what they see:

Is it the following?

Official COVID-19 update in Thailand on Tuesday
* 86,924 people infected (+1,919)
* 57,037 discharged from hospital (+1,829)
* 29,435 in hospital
* 452 deaths (+31)
Imported cases - 17
Domestic cases - 1,318
Proactive case finding in communities - 584
Number of people who received vaccines:
1st dose: + 69,552
2nd dose: + 19,008
Total: 1,898,454
Edited by onthedarkside
edited for formatting

Of those COVID patients in critical condition, the Ministry of Public Health is reporting that the largest share are being treated in Bangkok and Nonthaburi, along with several adjoining provinces. The chart below shows the rise in critical cases and their breakdown by province from May 1 to 10. During those days, the critical cases in Bangkok increased by 110 patients from 417 to 527.

Screenshot_13.jpg.2d5535a400a1b60dc66e1809cc0e4397.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/322914892660175/

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Is it the following?

* 29,435 in hospital
* 452 deaths (+31)
Imported cases - 17
Domestic cases - 1,318

Yes it is. Maybe what dropped out is that the 1st dose and 2nd dose figures are only for 1 of the vaccines. But that's just a guess.

Screenshot_14.jpg.97ad040d7321626caca440fcf700d608.jpg

"According to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, the government is planning to launch a public relations campaign to convince more citizens, especially seniors, to book their appointment to receive COVID-19 vaccine shots as only 10% of the state's target has been met.

Ministry figures showed that 1,608,006 people have so far secured vaccination appointments, as of May 10th. According to the Public Health Ministry's Immunisation Center, this accounts for only 10% of 16 million people aged 60 and above and those with congenital illnesses.

The Public Health Minister said more confidence in vaccination needs to be instilled among the population. The public relations campaign will cover the importance of being vaccinated. The underlining benefits of being vaccinated must be communicated to the people.

(more)

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

5 hours ago, wasabi said:

I made the appointment yesterday and they still had good availability. Plane tickets were required to make the appointment. I'm going to Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok. I was told if my wife and I arrive around 8:00 am we will have same day results for our PCR tests. One way tickets from BKK to SFO were only $550 per person. Fortunately we have a place to live cheaply in the area so not a bad outlay of cost except Som Tam prices will triple. I'm thinking we will return in 6 months to a year.

Bye bye. Good luck. See you all in 6 to 12 months.

Take Care. Stay safe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes it is. Maybe what dropped out is that the 1st dose and 2nd dose figures are only for 1 of the vaccines. But that's just a guess.

Thanks Placeholder.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I seen the problems first hand, at my GF her company they had 10 people who had covid (some serious too one in ICU). But only 1 was counted as he had the second test from the goverment to confirm. Basically they won't count a test unless a second test has been done by the government. Its a easy way to keep numbers low. 

If this is true what you say the numbers could be double

38 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Is it the following?

* 29,435 in hospital
* 452 deaths (+31)
Imported cases - 17
Domestic cases - 1,318

face.png

More on today's 31 deaths - RIP

Read more:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27376/daily-covid-death-toll-hits-31-again/

The daily death toll in coronavirus pandemic hit 31 on Tuesday for the second time since the beginning of the third wave.

The third wave, which started at entertainment venues in Bangkok and surrounding provinces, has led to 57,751 locally transmitted cases and 358 deaths between April 1 and May 11. The daily death toll hit 31 for the first time on May 3. 

“From a closer look at the numbers, we have found out that 86 per cent of fatalities have pre-existing conditions,” said Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, the spokesman of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

1st and 2nd Doses of Vaccinated people do not add to 1,898,454.

There appears to a slight discrepancy of over 1 ,000,000 Doses

1st and 2nd lines are today's doses.  3rd line is total doses given.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Closing in on Finland which is no.97 on worldometer. Tomorrow or the day after will see Thailand take this spot.

This worldometer ranking is per default based on total cases since the beginning of the pandemic and therefore not really relevant for the situation as it is today.

UK for example is on the very bad rank 7, but Thailand has currently nearly as much new cases per day as they do. You may filter the worldometer table using the build in filters on top and then arrive at surprizingly different views. The drastic changes that did occur during the last few weeks dragging some countries slowly out of its former catastrophic situation to a state of near normal life are (I believe) the result of vaccination - and exactly in this respect Thailand has definitely potential to catch up to put it mildly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

1st and 2nd lines are today's doses.  3rd line is total doses given.

I must admit, it's not very clear.  Should read:

Daily doses  88,560
Total doses: 1,898,454
Edited by anchadian

On the news just now they were discussing the vaccine program and explaining they need everyone to get vaccinated.  As they cut to a commercial, the first commercial shown was a Government Vaccine commercial showing a boxing ring, a man flexing his left arm, with his right arm extended as if he had punched something, and a Band-Aid upon his left upper arm, and a Covid figurine flying to the floor of the ring.  The announcer said, "Vaccinate and help knock out covid".  I may have missed something when watching it but It appears they are seriously trying to coax the Thai public to get vaccinated.  That either means 2 things in my book, few have signed up to be vaccinated, and they are really very concerned about this development.  You can not make this up, but then I do not blame the Thai public for their reactions based upon the way this government has been rolling out the vaccinations.  Something that doesn't sit right with them is the fact that they are vaccinating those in the tourism sector before the most important folks with medical issues and the elderly are glossed over.

• Like 1