Thailand reports 1,919 COVID-19 cases, 31 new deaths

webfact

3 hours ago, TaoNow said:

I am surprised at your reaction.  Your other posts on the subject seem to indicate you are a voice of reason.

I have access to information that indicates that the Thai MOPH is indeed conducting random sampling (or sentinel surveillance, if you will) on risk populations for Covid-19. 

The fact that you do no hear about it or what the results are does not indicate that it isn't being done.

I would like the MOPH to take the time to tell everyone about the testing they are doing. 

But it would probably fall on deaf or incomprehending ears as typified by many on this forum (though not you, I might add).

Stay tuned and be open-minded please.

What about contact tracing? I don't see any mention of that anywhere. Maybe it's now too late?  Which would be a grim fact.

12 hours ago, TaoNow said:

I am surprised at your reaction.  Your other posts on the subject seem to indicate you are a voice of reason.

I have access to information that indicates that the Thai MOPH is indeed conducting random sampling (or sentinel surveillance, if you will) on risk populations for Covid-19. 

The fact that you do no hear about it or what the results are does not indicate that it isn't being done.

I would like the MOPH to take the time to tell everyone about the testing they are doing. 

But it would probably fall on deaf or incomprehending ears as typified by many on this forum (though not you, I might add).

Stay tuned and be open-minded please.

That’s a fairly incredible claim, the MOPH is doing real random sampling, but is keeping it secret.

If it’s true, one would surmise that it is secret because the numbers are not good.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:51 PM, TaoNow said:

Covid-19 catastrophe.   It is in no one's interest to let that happen

Are you talking about Thailand or the pandemic generally?

Jeff made 100bn from the pandemic, give or take a few billion

Pfizer made 1bn

That urologist in Tyrol who sold fake tests to his buddies in the local goverment made 1m

My friends at my old work place all made almost 100,000 (full salary, WFH, nothing to do at all, just watch netflix)

You can profit from the pandemic, and in Thailand too.

Edited by Kiujunn

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That’s a fairly incredible claim, the MOPH is doing real random sampling, but is keeping it secret.

If it’s true, one would surmise that it is secret because the numbers are not good.

One of the reasons for the lack of details may be that the testing has been de-centralized to the provincial level.   

Sentinel surveillance may not be centralized as it was during the HIV epidemic. 

Please keep an open mind on this until we know more.   

I will be happy to share what I learn if members are interested and it is taken in good faith.

• Confused 1