Pattaya tourism business leader calls on govt for support

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: INN

The head of Pattaya's tourism business association has said that greater clarity is needed from the government about its plans.

Bunanan Pattanasin was speaking after tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan said that help was on its way regarding recovery packages and tourism promotion initiatives at the end of last week.

Bunanan was one person who didn't know what the tourism minister was talking about exactly. 

He called for great clarity and transparency noting that such things had been as clear as mud up to now. 

He noted that Pattaya was in a desperate state what with the closure orders and other restrictions in place.

He stressed the importance of the vaccine rollout of those in the tourism industry and the wider public to inspire tourists to visit Pattaya. 

INN published pictures showing a largely quiet resort. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-11

• Like 1

Pattaya should start preparing for the future, look what the Americans have done with their ghost towns (Tombstone and others).

There is probably something to do with reenacting Pattaya glorious days, that will attract tourists of the future...50 years from now.

In the meantime it's gonna be a long desert crossing...

Edited by Brunolem
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Write off any idea of a high season 2021, at least for international arrivals in any number.. 

Once you take that idea on board, is it worth paying Thai landlords for the premises for the next year to get to and through 2022 low season ?? If you think the number stack up keep paying it, but if the numbers dont stack up, make the painfull choice and close.. There will be a time to reopen (and plenty of locations cheap) furthe down the road. Drop the staff, cut the costs, and hunker down and save the outgoings for when it can make a difference. 

False hope is killing people.. Hard realism is far better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ronnie round head said:

there has not been a low and high season in pattaya for years just permanent low season

Dunno a few times I went it (couple of years now I guess) felt busy as hell in low season.. 

9 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Dunno a few times I went it (couple of years now I guess) felt busy as hell in low season.. 

There were Chinese and Indian customers during the traditional low seasons... and we saw Russians more of the year too.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:21 AM, LivinLOS said:

Whoever made up the bodies.. It was busy all year rather than quiet all year, is my impression.. and also I cant even think about going somewhere like Patts or Phuket Dec or early Jan.. 

Busy with people, quiet with revenue.  Place full of zero baht tourists.