Thai Neurological Society advise people to get vaccinated for Covid-19

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

A letter issued by the National Neurological Society of Thailand urged people to get vaccinated against Covid-19.

As reported by Manager, the society said that being vaccinated meant far less severe symptoms if you caught the disease. 

This would also mean a far less chance of dying due to Covid. 

They reiterated that pain at the site of the jab would soon go away.

And that the chance of serious complications from vaccination were one in a million and even then could be treated. 

They noted that it was easy to catch Covid and being vaccinated was of clear benefit in offsetting potential complications. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They reiterated that pain at the site of the jab would soon go away.

And that the chance of serious complications from vaccination were one in a million and even then could be treated. 

Don't get me wrong I agree wholeheartedly about being a big Jessie because you have a sore arm is no reason not to get a jab but 'one in a million and even that can treated' seems to be just plucked out of thin air

I am sure if the so called medical professionals bothered their <deleted> to have a look they could get a number for side affects rather than just making <deleted> up

They really are their own worst enemies and stuff like this reiterates they are slap dash and unreliable when reporting stuff, easy to understand why people are sceptical whenever Thais in positions of responsibility release their proclamations...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

Begs a question: which has the greater negative impact, neurological issues post-covid for the few who get them, or the profound psychological and social effects due to the handling of the pandemic itself?

"Multiple lines of evidence indicate that the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has profound psychological and social effects. The psychological sequelae of the pandemic will probably persist for months and years to come. Studies indicate that the COVID-19 pandemic is associated with distress, anxiety, fear of contagion, depression and insomnia in the general population and among healthcare professionals. Social isolation, anxiety, fear of contagion, uncertainty, chronic stress and economic difficulties may lead to the development or exacerbation of depressive, anxiety, substance use and other psychiatric disorders in vulnerable populations including individuals with pre-existing psychiatric disorders and people who reside in high COVID-19 prevalence areas."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32539153/

"During the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, you may experience anxiety, fear, frustration, sadness and loneliness — to the point that those feelings become constant and overwhelming. Existing mental health conditions, including severe anxiety and major depression, may worsen."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/covid-19-suicide-risk/art-20490350

The comparison is between getting a vaccination to prevent covid, and getting covid because you are not vaccinated. Neither relate too your question.

That is not to minimize the emotional stress and problems many people experience because of the pandemic or otherwise.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

A lot of Thais I speak to say their friends and family are all VERY nervous about side effects from the vaccine. Many don't want it.

Getting this into arms might not be as easy as anticipated, hence the advice from the Thai Neurological Society to try and reassure people.

They would probably get much better results of they offered a vaccine other than the China vaccine, as most Thais I have spoken with are willing to be vaccinated with anything but that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HomeBirth said:

Believers go into the COVID-church.

But this is not about beliefs, it’s about knowledge.

And before you get out the „anti-science“-hammer:

Worldwide there is actually a bigger number of scientists who call this whole mania exactly that, a mania fueled by the media.

There is just a big medial focus on the few scientists who have provable connections to pharmaceutical companies, which I would therefore call a conflict of interest.

Sources ?

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

I'm all for encouraging vaccination but the claim that there's only one in a million chance of serious complications is just false. For someone in their 40s there's a 1 in 100,000 chance getting a blood clot after the AstraZeneca vaccine according to the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57021738

And that's now. More and more cases being discovered every day, like covid what will the numbers be for clots a year from now? Worse still for that still small number getting the clots the mortality rate is 25% which IS significant. 

Im not at all anti vax and the sooner we get on with it the better but people are right in weighing up which vaccine may or may not be the best choice for them and if their preferred option is available.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I'm all for encouraging vaccination but the claim that there's only one in a million chance of serious complications is just false. For someone in their 40s there's a 1 in 100,000 chance getting a blood clot after the AstraZeneca vaccine according to the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57021738

But, 1 in 100,000  is  10 in a million.

With only 25% fatalities, that's 2.5 in a million.

The actual number is 1 in 117768 so that's 2 in a million. As advertised.

6 hours ago, starky said:

And that's now. More and more cases being discovered every day, like covid what will the numbers be for clots a year from now? Worse still for that still small number getting the clots the mortality rate is 25% which IS significant. 

Im not at all anti vax and the sooner we get on with it the better but people are right in weighing up which vaccine may or may not be the best choice for them and if their preferred option is available.

There was a recent report about Dave Mears "Dave the Rave" a former Expat that had a website lost his leg after he fell ill with Flu Like Symptoms a few hours after

taking the AZ Vac...

20 hours ago, rabas said:

Evidence is rapidly accumulating about long term neurological issues from covid.

https://theconversation.com/prolonged-brain-dysfunction-in-covid-19-survivors-a-pandemic-in-its-own-right-158743

It's no different than diseases that come in - the new ones.

Can you believe people still think this is a harmless flu?  I've got a friend in ICU right now - and he's healthy.  This isn't no flu.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, meechai said:

There was a recent report about Dave Mears "Dave the Rave" a former Expat that had a website lost his leg after he fell ill with Flu Like Symptoms a few hours after

taking the AZ Vac...

His leg was amputated because of a severe infection.  HERE

Medics haven’t confirmed the cause of the infection. "The doctors say it’s hard to prove that it’s linked to the covid jab and that the infection could have been there for some time, but it’s strange that I became ill for weeks on the night of the vaccine."

** Dave had lost three toes on his left foot a few years ago due to complications with diabetes.

2 hours ago, Blumpie said:

It's no different than diseases that come in - the new ones.

Can you believe people still think this is a harmless flu?  I've got a friend in ICU right now - and he's healthy.  This isn't no flu.  

Yeah amazing folks think the flu is harmless ????

The flu killed 600,000 people in India in 2018 ....Flu is not harmless

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Medics haven’t confirmed the cause of the infection. "The doctors say it’s hard to prove that it’s linked to the covid jab and that the infection could have been there for some time, but it’s strange that I became ill for weeks on the night of the vaccine."

Yes it was a report that cannot be confirmed as to cause one way or the other

But as Dave said........"it’s strange that I became ill for weeks on the night of the vaccine."

We like the FDA are not in a rush to claim one thing or the other (unlike many cheerleaders)

Instead we are willing to wait & see actual data that is accumulated over time ????

When the FDA gives full approval you can say data is in

Edited by meechai