Study in China Confirms Safety of Sinovac’s COVID-19 Vaccine for the over 60s

webfact

malaysia allowed it for over 60 already over a month ago, based on their own research since january.

thailand also already allowed it the last week, looking at experience from all over the world.

The problem is - the very much hoped astrazeneca is not coming as expected. Severe shortage from the start, less than 50% of planed. And patients already registered for it in millions, with appointments from 7.06.

thailand has no choice and is desperate for any vax, which are NOT coming yet, with the exception of sinovac

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27340/major-hurdles-remain-for-thailands-vaccine-drive/

Edited by internationalism
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, "Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?"

Trusting a vaccine developed by the same nation that started the whole mess with its obfuscation and secrecy - pass.

Exactly 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

China apparently is so skeptical of its own ability and vaccines to control covid that it is now enforcing the border at the summit of Mt. Everest to keep foreigners out. Surely, it's cheaper just to give the climbers Sinovac, if it's so good. But apparently not.  

I am very sure the Chinese would love to innoculate the climbers with Sinovac.  However, if they do that, the western countries will scream human rights violation.  Good attempt.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

as a study carried out in China has confirmed its suitability for use in adults over the age 60.

I believe that as much as I did their statement they didn't start it !!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the study found the vaccine, which uses culture-grown virus particles to stimulate the body’s immune response, is effective and safe.

Safe enough for us but not for the PM Prayut back-along... he wanted AZ .

Now that Thailand is up sh*t-creek without steering we now have to believe Sinovac [the only available vaccine] is safe for all....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Unfortunately I do not and cannot believe anything they have to say as is always fabricated nonsense.

So the Biontech vaccine out of china would be a no-no. Maybe you should be looking at a vaccine vacation.

BioNTech and Fosun Pharma is setting up a 50-50 joint venture to make and sell the COVID mRNA shot in China, with manufacturing capacity to produce up to 1 billion doses a year, Fosun said in a filing (PDF) to the Hong Kong Exchange on Sunday.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/biontech-fosun-pharma-eye-1b-doses-covid-19-vaccine-capacity-new-china-jv

• Like 1

Obviously neither the "independent" report from China nor the Thai public health officials touting it have any credibility whatsoever.  After looking at the Chinese report the WHO said the evidence that Sinovac was safe for over 60s was not compelling but, of course, the Thai officials slyly omitted this important consideration when they announced that the WHO had finally approved Sinovac for use in its COVAX programme (which Thailand declined to join). 

It has been a fairly safe bet from the outset that an inexperienced producer like Siam Biosciences producing under the direction of another inexperienced vaccine producer, Astra Zeneca, will not be able fulfill its obligations to supply 6 million doses in June and another 10 million in July. Ordering more Sinovac in a hurry and suddenly declaring it safe for over 60s with the flimsiest of evidence is likely to prove a transparent and disingenuous contingency plan to cover up for the embarassing shortfall of AZ. 

Thai officials may now be hoping that there will be a shortfall of registrations for vaccinations on Mor Prom that will help them out of the anticipated hole created by a shortfall of AZ.  Another issue looming on the horizon is a shortfall of capacity to deliver vaccines.  According to thier own plan they need to stick needles in 300,000 arms a day from 7th June vs. the 13,000 arms getting jabbed per day now.  Looking at the pitiful numbers getting tested and jabbed at the Lotus car park in Klong Toey gives an idea of what might be to expect in the vaccination roll out even if they have enough vaccines. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'd say the private company would have got a hefty infusion of funds for research from the CCP. I doubt the executives would have decided to develop a vaccine without official backing.

They also got an infusion of cash from the CP Group which bought 15% of the company in a private placement to raise funds for the vaccine production.  Actually the Chinese government didn't adopt Sinovac for its own roll out initially.  They went with Sinopharm instead.  There was a nasty business of Sinovac being caught bribing the regulator for approval of another drug which may have put them off.  Naturally a small issue of bribery was a mere bagatelle for the CP Group and a Thai government that boasts a convicted heroin smuggler in its cabinet. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I'd say the private company would have got a hefty infusion of funds for research from the CCP. I doubt the executives would have decided to develop a vaccine without official backing.

Sinovax is an internationally big pharma that is traded on the Nasdaq, their infusion of funds, if that's what is was, came from CP Groups pharma. company in Hong Kong which bought 15% of their shares in January.

EDIT: sorry to repeat, only just saw the above post.

Edited by Brierley

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, "Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?"

Trusting a vaccine developed by the same nation that started the whole mess with its obfuscation and secrecy - pass.

555 trust china what a joke the whole world is going to hell while china hardly if any cases at all makes you wonder if its a chemical warfare against us all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

So the Biontech vaccine out of china would be a no-no. Maybe you should be looking at a vaccine vacation.

BioNTech and Fosun Pharma is setting up a 50-50 joint venture to make and sell the COVID mRNA shot in China, with manufacturing capacity to produce up to 1 billion doses a year, Fosun said in a filing (PDF) to the Hong Kong Exchange on Sunday.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/biontech-fosun-pharma-eye-1b-doses-covid-19-vaccine-capacity-new-china-jv

Thanks but I am not going anywhere as in leaving my home and Thailand. Would not even consider it as would be a big waste of time and money on every end. Once you leave it is hard as heck to get easily back in.. Wait and see what I find is acceptable and not Chinese controlled. I am skeptical to the highest end of them, even the WHO, and even other world manufacturers. I will leave any more said at that only.

• Like 1