What to do before and after your vaccination

webfact

000_9928G2.jpg

In this photo taken on April 29, 2021 shows a Royal Thai Army soldier waiting for her turn to receive the Covid-19 coronavirus Sinovac vaccine developed by China at the Pattani Hospital in Thailand’s southern province of Pattani. (Photo by Tuwaedaniya MERINGING / AFP)

If you are over 60 years old, or if you have chronic respiratory disease, heart and blood vessel disease, chronic kidney disease, cerebrovascular disease or stroke, cancer, obesity or diabetes, and have registered for vaccination during June or July, here is what you should do before you are vaccinated, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)’s Facebook page. 

First of all, you should get enough sleep, refrain from drinking alcohol, coffee or tea. Most importantly, you should not have any illness, including a fever, before the vaccination. Also, you should avoid heavy exercise two days before and after your vaccination.

You should also notify doctors of any underlying health problems and medicinal or vaccine allergies, if you have any, or if you are pregnant.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/what-to-do-before-and-after-your-vaccination/

Logo-top-.png

20 minutes ago, tjo o tjim said:

They missed the most important ones— drink plenty of water and have the ibuprofin handy.

Also maybe Aspirin. It's a blood thinner. Might help against potential blood clots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

Also maybe Aspirin. It's a blood thinner. Might help against potential blood clots.

I am thinking this but whether there is any medical basis I don't know. Same logic as avoiding DVT on a long haul flight.

1 minute ago, lkv said:

Oh wow, I had both doses (Pfizer), went to gym in the afternoon, 5 hours after the vaccine, and had a bottle of wine in the evening. As usual, I also had about 4 coffees on those days.

Wish I had access to this article at that time. ????

I think the guidelines are designed for the more “delicate” individuals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

I think the guidelines are designed for the more “delicate” individuals. 

True, I just read the article again, I'm 39 with no preconditions.

• Like 1

1 day before my first Pfizer shot I had a bottle of wine and two beers. An hour after the first shot I was tucking into 8 beers.

Second shot yesterday (Monday). Had 10 beers on Sunday night but didn't have any yesterday after the second shot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lkv said:

True, I just read the article again, I'm 39 with no preconditions.

My parents are both in the late 70,s both jabs, walked to the clinic, had a coffee after a, walked back.

I've had my first jab, similar pattern. 

I don’t recall receiving all the dos and donts package here in the UK, just a text saying  your time/location and a few questions pre jab. 

Takes all sorts. 

Edited by Kadilo

Got my first shot of Pfizer-BioNTech. Never even felt the needle going in. (Needles have never bothered me) They made us sit around for twenty minutes after because there is a very very tiny chance of an allergic reaction to most vaccines. They can treat you right there if that was to happen. 
  Then left and went home. Only noticeable side effect, a tiny bit of a sore arm muscle for a couple days. Normal and to be expected for some other vaccines also, like Tetanus and Shingrix vaccines. 
All in all…..no problem.   Looking forward to the second shot. ????????????????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndyFoxy said:

1 day before my first Pfizer shot I had a bottle of wine and two beers. An hour after the first shot I was tucking into 8 beers.

Second shot yesterday (Monday). Had 10 beers on Sunday night but didn't have any yesterday after the second shot.

i read that alcohol kills the virus.    You probably didn't need to get those shots at all 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I'm in the UK, went from work for first vaccination, then straight back to work, highway maintenance. 

No problem. 

Thais do seem to like a bit of drama and a big bag of assorted pills!

It's all academic anyway seeing as there's virtually <deleted> all injections to be had and your average farang sure as hell ain't getting any of them!!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

My parents are both in the late 700s, both jabs, walked to the clinic, had a coffee after a, walked back.

I've had my first jab, similar pattern. 

I don’t recall receiving all the dos and donts package here in the UK, just a text saying  your time/location and a few questions pre jab. 

Takes all sorts. 

If your oldies lasted that long, I would guess they won't have to worry about the virus anyways.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

i think i see them walking at the 700 year stadium here in Chiangmai.   Pretty good shape

Thanks for the prompt, managed to edit. 

They look good for their age but not that good.!

52 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I am thinking this but whether there is any medical basis I don't know. Same logic as avoiding DVT on a long haul flight.

I should have added, "If you can get any." I think Aspirin is restricted here due to it being dangerous to take for dengue fever.

I thought this forum was aimed at expats in Thailand. As far as I know (and it changes minute to minute) looks like little chance of an "after" time for us in any reasonable amount of time. Maybe "unboxing" day?

34 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I should have added, "If you can get any." I think Aspirin is restricted here due to it being dangerous to take for dengue fever.

Or it is too cheap and 7 Eleven sell Paracetamol?

I wonder what research the recommendations are made on.

An article in which experts in this field of research were interviewed notes that the pandemic could be amplifying risk factors, but it is possible to do some simple things to maximize the vaccine's initial effectiveness. One strategy suggested is to "engage in vigorous exercise and get a good night's sleep in the 24 hours before vaccination so that your immune system is operating at peak performance. This may help ensure that the best and strongest immune response happens as quickly as possible." (Assoc Psych Sci January 13, 2021).

Other experts recommend that people getting vaccinated — especially those who are older — ensure adequate nutritional status before and after getting the shot to increase the chance of protection. The experts suggest that people over 70 years old consider taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement for weeks before and after vaccination (exact duration not specified) (Rayman, Br J Nutr 2021). Previous research in people 65 to 85 years-old receiving tetanus vaccinations showed that getting five or more servings of fruits and vegetables per day for 12 weeks before and four weeks after vaccination improved response compared to getting two servings or less per day (Gibson, Am J Clin Nutr 2012).