True fiber internet connection breaks

Dmitry2222

Hi, i am living in Chachoengsao and last two month has internet connection troubles. Looking like connection interrupted every few minutes:

image.png.63310421264e85b21b6a34e078837359.png

other symptoms:

* audio and video calls hanging

* video stream hanging

* abortion of a download from a browser

Provider is TrueMove. Two times technicians checked home router and decided that it is ok and looking like problem with network outside the home.
I got the answer from the TrueMove - wait until we will fix it. Well... Two months and nothing are changed.
Do we have a chance that TrueMove will fix it or it is the time to change provider?

Edited by Dmitry2222

try to disable IPv6 in network adapter settings.

I use Truemove 3G and get constant interruptions too but not that often - every few hours rather than every few minutes. BTW I never had these on DTAC so I'm changing provider back after my 1 year contract with True finishes.

I always have a back up connection in the form of an unlimited data SIM.  From a mere 1390 for 12 months of an up to 10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s) data connection, it's useful thing to have.

Indeed only 10 Mbps but then at least no more: 

* audio and video calls hanging

* video stream hanging

* abortion of a download from a browser

Can see the same on True gigabit fiber connection with the Huawei router (that processes TrueVisions, has fiber input, and LAN/Wifi out). Basically one box for all, not 2 boxes like most other providers. This is in Bangkok.

image.png.5bfac16479bea5b211b78738122b7a15.png

image.png.f2265a3b28218b177aecf3598fdf7955.png

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, fdsa said:

try to disable IPv6 in network adapter settings.

no effect....

29 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I always have a back up connection in the form of an unlimited data SIM. 

yes it is may be a solution, but upload speed is low for such approach (1-2 Mbp/s max)

21 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

nice idea with the SIM backup package? what is it called?

DTAC proposes unlimited 10 Mbps for 777 bth/month.

it's strange that TrueMove can't fix the network in the 21st century. Or it is a new normal in Thailand... ????

2 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

no effect....

yes it is may be a solution, but upload speed is low for such approach (1-2 Mbp/s max)

DTAC proposes unlimited 10 Mbps for 777 bth/month.

it's strange that TrueMove can't fix the network in the 21st century. Or it is a new normal in Thailand... ????

Nope. My AIS SIM uploads at 8 to 10 Mbps(around 1 MB/s) Similarly downloads.

Forget about what they propose. Why pay 777 when you can get it for 116 per month?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-dtac-dtac-10mbps-12-muntookdee-i1154204644-s2700554573.html

Though before you commit, get a normal DTAC SIM and buy a small data package to test the speeds at your place. If you can achieve more than 10 Mbps up and down then get the DTAC package.

If DTAC no good at your place you might want to avoid Truemove H since you aren't enamoured with them. So the next test would be AIS. Example: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-8-mbps-1-i610402783.html

Still far below 777 baht per month. Works out at 183.25 per month.

• Thanks 2

May be upload speed for mobile internet depends from device where a sim is put in.  I tried IPhone 11 and share wifi with desktop and got 1Mpb/s.

Perhaps, it is better to buy router which supports SIM card.

Edited by Dmitry2222

9 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

May be upload speed for mobile internet depends from device where a sim is put in.  I tried IPhone 11 and share wifi with desktop and got 1Mpb/s.

Perhaps, it is better to buy router which supports SIM card.

1 Mbps or 1 MB/s? Which network SIM? What package?

iPhone 11 should not be limited.

5 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

20 Mbps

Upload:

3 Mbps - it is maximum what i have seen.

So you are achieving 20 Mbps download on a 10 Mbps SIM but only 1 Mbps upload?

Perhaps you can post the actual test result here.

2 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Upload speed is up to 3 Mbp/s, and yes 20 Mbp/s i got today morning. 

With True..........our internet speed has doubled to around 460Mbs/s for the last month or so???? Hope that helps.

Edited by Surelynot

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

With True..........our internet speed has doubled to around 460Mbs/s for the last month or so???? Hope that helps.

True fiber speed achieves 80 Mbps for download and 60 Mbps for upload. One big minus here is that connection breaks as was described in the first post.

7 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Upload speed is up to 3 Mbp/s, and yes 20 Mbp/s i got today morning. 

It is speed of the mobile internet by DTAC. But mobile is more stable i.e. i do not see breaks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Official price is higher than proposed here 7 times. how is it possible?

Nothing to do with official price. You just didn't do any research beforehand. That allows them to pluck the low hanging fruit from the tree.

2050286839_OperaSnapshot_2021-05-12_041634_www_dtac_co_th.png.93b306a72991bef2dc0aabd65d65f3f3.png

• Thanks 2

Should be quiet yesterday. Now True FTTX is totally out for the day in Bang Sue due to some major incident. Not sure what happened, but fiber is down for landline, internet and cable TV. That said, they are offering 3 days mobile data for free to those affected. Not sure it has anything to do with their "network improvement" work done over the past weekend.

image.thumb.png.952b050d584ce77fc2a1d272a93e9272.png

เรียนผู้ใช้บริการหมายเลข fiber number deleted ทรูออนไลน์ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก เนื่องจากขณะนี้เกิดเหตุขัดข้องในพื้นที่ บางซื่อ ส่งผลกระทบต่อการใช้งานอินเทอร์เน็ต โทรศัพท์บ้าน และการรับชมทรูวิชั่นส์ชั่วคราว เจ้าหน้าที่กำลังดำเนินการแก้ไขปัญหาอย่างเร่งด่วน คาดว่าจะแล้วเสร็จวันที่ 12/05/2021 17:59:18 โดยประมาณ พร้อมจะส่ง SMS แจ้งผลการแก้ไขให้ทราบอีกครั้ง เพื่อให้คุณใช้งานอย่างต่อเนื่อง ขอมอบเน็ตมือถือ 3GB นาน 3 วันฟรี เพียงใช้เบอร์ทรูมูฟเอช *799*11*fiber number deleted*activation code deleted# โทรออก

Edited by tomazbodner
add SMS from True

I'd guess the router is cooking itself.  The ones they use are <deleted>. I'd ask for a replacement? See if that sorts it out.

Personally iv'e been through three of them with true. Ended up investing in a Cisco unit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

maybe it's an IPsec issue, limiting the number of ping you can send, to avoid some kind of ping flooding by hackers or bots

There are other symptoms which i described in the initial post. Also i see that internet connection is marked with "no internet access" when breaking duration is significant.

23 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

yes, True networks suck. I had no problems with DTAC but switched to Truemove for network reservation purposes (because I had DTAC sims in both PC and smartphone), but that appeared to be a huge mistake.

I think I will try AIS sim next time.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:50 AM, Simple Jack said:

I'd guess the router is cooking itself.  The ones they use are <deleted>. I'd ask for a replacement? See if that sorts it out.

Personally iv'e been through three of them with true. Ended up investing in a Cisco unit.

AIS fibre issues the past two days

My Net has been weird the past couple of days. I use AIS fibre. Strangely it's dropping me or I can't get in the first time I try. I also noticed ESET couldn't connect its live Grid which has never been a problem. This morning it dropped once so i have to reconnect. Now it seems okay again. I'm starting to wonder if it's the router reacting to the hot weather. They also use the Chinese stuff. If not that, I'm wondering if could have switched something off on Windows or Eset.  As I said it's working now, so I'll just go with it.

• Like 1