90 day report stupid question

gents.

i got my retirement visa in Pattaya but i am living in Bangkok (dont ask long story) as this will be my first 90 day i have to go in person and pattaya is a no go area getting out so can i do my 90 day report in Moung ton (bangkok)

cheers

OP, can you explain how they stop you returning to Bangkok.

Pattaya....don't you also need to show your funds in the bank?

If you used an agent most likely your stamp is not issued in Pattaya.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bangkokspurs said:

the stamp was issue in chonburi (jointem)

There shouldn't be a problem going to and from Pattaya, the travel certificates were stopped a few days ago. You may get stopped at a checkpoint somewhere but immigration would be a valid reason.

5 hours ago, bangkokspurs said:

so can i do my 90 day report in Moung ton (bangkok)

You should be able to if you went there clutching a suitably-completed TM30 as well as TM47, I would have thought.

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

You should be able to if you went there clutching a suitably-completed TM30 as well as TM47, I would have thought.

The OP is very unclear. My guess  is that he used agent. That's fine. However it confuses advice. If indeed he used agent then that's first point to discuss 90 day report. As our most correct mod advised above  ....Ubonjoe. Seems to think  he used agent.

That's fine. Detailed post from OP would obtain correct reply 

• Like 2

I know you said "don't ask", so sorry, but do you know if a TM30 has been filed on your behalf for your current address in Bangkok?

If so, I think you'd file a 90-day report at Muang Thong Thani (MTT) in person, or by mail.

If not, then either return to Pattaya to file the TM47, or file a TM30 then a TM47 in Bangkok (MTT). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

You are supposed to do the 90 day report where you stay, it doesn't matter where you got your extension.

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed, and therefore it needs to be done at the Imm Office of the province where you previously filed a TM-30 to notify IO of the address in their province where you are residing.  You cannot file a 90-day report at 'any Imm Office' as Imm will check that the 90-day report refers to the address on that TM-30 which should be on file with them.

By having used a Fixer Agent who applied for his 1-year extension at a different Imm Office than where he resides, OP would in order to be able to do his 90-day report, first have to file a 'relocation' TM-30 at the Imm Office of the province where he is residing.

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed, and therefore it needs to be done at the Imm Office of the province where you previously filed a TM-30 to notify IO of the address in their province where you are residing.  You cannot file a 90-day report at 'any Imm Office' as Imm will check that the 90-day report refers to the address on that TM-30 which should be on file with them.

By having used a Fixer Agent who applied for his 1-year extension at a different Imm Office than where he resides, OP would in order to be able to do his 90-day report, first have to file a 'relocation' TM-30 at the Imm Office of the province where he is residing.

I did of course assume that OP or his landlord are compliant with the law and somebody submitted a TM30.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I did of course assume that OP or his landlord are compliant with the law and somebody submitted a TM30.

It would still IMHO have been helpful had the OP at least clarified the TM30 position for the avoidance of any doubt - rather than, in effect, have us play guessing games on this crucial point.

To quote @DrJack54 above: "Detailed post from OP would obtain correct reply"!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Those making use of a Fixer Agent are often not aware, that when the Agent got their 1-year extension at another Imm Office than the one in the province where they are actually residing, that their 'official address for immigration purposes' then became a fake address in the province where the Imm Office is located and where the Agent got their 1-year extension.

So in order to regularize their situation they need to 'relocate' again to the address where they are actually staying (and which they never left).  This has to be done by filing a 'relocation' TM-30 at the Imm Office of the province where they are residing.  When not doing so, they will not be able to file their 90-day reports, as a 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that their 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

i know of people that have received an agent 'retirement' extension in Pattaya and doing 90 days outside Pattaya, regarding tm30 i would think none have been done, or have been done at the 90 day report address, i keep away from such extensions, 

• Sad 1

The OP should avoid the paperwork, get a change of scenery and hop on a bus to Pattaya and get it done there (and every 90-days thereafter). I would recommend taking the train to the airport (if it is still running) and then the Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi bus (if it's still running) as that terminates on Thappraya and is only a 12 minute walk to/from Immigration on Soi 5.

There's a movie based on this trip called "A Grand Day Out" starring Wallace and Grommit. You can get the cheese at Food Mart beside the bus station.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

On the 90 day report - can it be done a few days earlier or does it have to be on the actual day ?

Up to 2 weeks early is the broadly accepted standard. Some IO's may go longer depending on several non-standard, totally off-the-wall or less-obvious criteria.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Those making use of a Fixer Agent are often not aware, that when the Agent got their 1-year extension at another Imm Office than the one in the province where they are actually residing, that their 'official address for immigration purposes' then became a fake address in the province where the Imm Office is located and where the Agent got their 1-year extension.

So in order to regularize their situation they need to 'relocate' again to the address where they are actually staying (and which they never left).  This has to be done by filing a 'relocation' TM-30 at the Imm Office of the province where they are residing.  When not doing so, they will not be able to file their 90-day reports, as a 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation that their 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed.

Thus, when trying to obtain the services of a 'fixer agent', one must ask the question, 'with which immigration office are you dealing with?'. And it the answer is that the connection not with the local immigration office, search elsewhere.....

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The OP should avoid the paperwork, get a change of scenery and hop on a bus to Pattaya and get it done there (and every 90-days thereafter). I would recommend taking the train to the airport (if it is still running) and then the Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi bus (if it's still running) as that terminates on Thappraya and is only a 12 minute walk to/from Immigration on Soi 5.

There's a movie based on this trip called "A Grand Day Out" starring Wallace and Grommit. You can get the cheese at Food Mart beside the bus station.

I strongly suspect that the OP did make use of a Fixer Agent to get the 1-year extension stamp in Pattaya, and having done so he won't be able to do his 90-day reports there as the Fixer Agent will have used a 'fake address'.  Relocating back to the actual address where he is residing by filing a 'relocation' TM-30 at the Imm Office of the province where his address is situated, is his best option not to get into some Thai-style administrative immigration trouble.

> Great Wallace & Gromit animation movie by the way -

2 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Thus, when trying to obtain the services of a 'fixer agent', one must ask the question, 'with which immigration office are you dealing with?'. And it the answer is that the connection not with the local immigration office, search elsewhere.....

That would not help if the Fixer Agent used a fake address for your 1-year extension of stay.

It would be more appropriate to ensure that the Fixer Agent makes use of your actual address when he applies for the 1-year extension, as that would avoid you having to 'administratively relocate' there again by filing a TM-30 when he uses a fake address.

30 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

That would not help if the Fixer Agent used a fake address for your 1-year extension of stay.

It would be more appropriate to ensure that the Fixer Agent makes use of your actual address when he applies for the 1-year extension, as that would avoid you having to 'administratively relocate' there again by filing a TM-30 when he uses a fake address.

My understanding is that the 'fixer agent' has to use a fake address if his connection with an immigration is not in his location. So this means that if the fixer agent deals locally with an immigration office, the use of a fake address would not be needed or used.

If everything is done locally, the fixer agent is in the same locality as the immigration office, and the client last reported address is also in that locality. Smooth sailing...

So the primary question from a client perspective is: 'Are you dealing with the local immigration office or not?'.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume he used an agent to get his extension so the check after 3 months is not needed.

WHY . Don.t think that's right .i do it with money in bank and i have to go back so why not others?????

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, can you explain how they stop you returning to Bangkok.

Pattaya....don't you also need to show your funds in the bank?

If you used an agent most likely your stamp is not issued in Pattaya.

No checkpoints