90 day report stupid question

42 minutes ago, Gilltom said:

WHY . Don.t think that's right .i do it with money in bank and i have to go back so why not others?????

Because in most cases the reason for making use of a Fixer Agent, is to circumvent the financial requirement.

Hence it would not be possible for the Fixer Agent to go back after 3 months to show that the +800K has been maintained on the applicants personal bank-account, as there are NO funds in the bank.  So when a Fixer Agent applies for the 1-year extension of stay at an Imm Office that requires a 3-month bank-balance check, it is part of the 'shady deal' with the Imm Officer that also that bank-balance check will be 'overlooked'.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Name one.

No extensions with fixer agent will be obtained in Bangkok.

KeyVisa in Pattaya (to name one agent) uses KK and not Jomtien.

Looks like we are both right, since I cannot name one in Bangkok... Hehe

22 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Because in most cases the reason for making use of a Fixer Agent, is to circumvent the financial requirement.

Hence it would not be possible for the Fixer Agent to go back after 3 months to show that the +800K has been maintained on the applicants personal bank-account, as there are NO funds in the bank.  So when a Fixer Agent applies for the 1-year extension of stay at an Imm Office that requires a 3-month bank-balance check, it is part of the 'shady deal' with the Imm Officer that also that bank-balance check will be 'overlooked'.

The 90 day report has nothing at all to do with any requirement to return 90 days after granting of annual extension to show 800K still in the bank.  They MAY coincide, but are completely independent.  Different desks, even for those provinces that are requiring them.  If the OP used an agent and has not been told to report back showing funds, then there is no need to do that at any time in any case.

PH

28 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

If the OP used an agent and has not been told to report back showing funds, then there is no need to do that at any time in any case.

The point is that the OP has given very confusing details. IF he used a fixer agent then then the stamps almost certainly not issued at Jomtien. That would mean he does not do his 90 day report at that office.

The OP stated that he obtained his extension in Pattaya. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that he used an agent in Pattaya and that agent obtained stamps somewhere like KK. 

The OP has not clarified so detailed advice cannot be given.

43 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

The 90 day report has nothing at all to do with any requirement to return 90 days after granting of annual extension to show 800K still in the bank.  They MAY coincide, but are completely independent.  Different desks, even for those provinces that are requiring them.  If the OP used an agent and has not been told to report back showing funds, then there is no need to do that at any time in any case.

PH

There is some confusion going on here.

Indeed, the 90-day TM47 reporting requirement is independent from the 3-month bank-balance check requirement which is imposed by some Imm Offices for a retirement extension application using the Funds-in-Bank method. 

Note: Although at my Imm Office (SiSaKet) they 'reset' the 90-day reporting day at moment of 1-year extension application, so that when you have to come back for that bank-balance check you can do your 90-day TM47 report in one go.  But not every Imm Office that requires the bank-balance check after 3 months , does reset the 90-day reporting...

The confusion however is with your last statement > If the OP used an agent and has not been told to report back showing funds, then there is no need to do that at any time in any case.

My post was a response to clarify that the OP used a Fixer Agent to circumvent the +800K Funds-in-Bank requirement for his 1-year retirement extension of stay.  When the OP uses such Fixer Agent service he simply does not need to have those funds on his personal bank-account (the Fixer Agent takes care of that).  But that also meant that OP would not be able to meet the bank-balance check requirement.  In other words, the service of the Fixer Agent must also circumvent the bank-balance check requirement when applying at an Imm Office that requires such bank-balance check. 

At least at CW, there is no 'reset' of the 90-day reporting date when extending retirement (this from recent experience, extended end of April, 90 day expires mid May). On the other hand there is no requirement to go there again for the 3-month 800k Baht requirement, though they will check this (from your bankbook) when you go for your next retirement extension. 

If the OP did use an agent as we surmise, it's possible the agent also submits the 90 day reports on his behalf as part of the paid for service. So I'm led to believe by the few I know using an agent.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

The confusion however is with your last statement > If the OP used an agent and has not been told to report back showing funds, then there is no need to do that at any time in any case.

My post was a response to clarify that the OP used a Fixer Agent to circumvent the +800K Funds-in-Bank requirement for his 1-year retirement extension of stay.  When the OP uses such Fixer Agent service he simply does not need to have those funds on his personal bank-account (the Fixer Agent takes care of that).  But that also meant that OP would not be able to meet the bank-balance check requirement.  In other words, the service of the Fixer Agent must also circumvent the bank-balance check requirement when applying at an Imm Office that requires such bank-balance check. 

Any confusion is, I think, caused by those who think the two are in some way linked.

My point was that when using an Agent, I believe that no letter requiring return to show funds, is issued.  certainly my limited experience (Jomtien) between thise who use agents and those who do not, shows that all who apply in person are now being given a letter, and all those who use an agent are not.  So if the OP used an agent, there will be no requirement to show funds (until next year when they will check back to see - unless an agent is again used I guess.

Interestingly, my own letter tells me to report AFTER XX Date.  Those who renewed subsequently have been given a letter that tells them to report ON XX Date.  As February 2022 (when I will be doing my next renewal) is most certainly after, that will, I presume, suffice.  Of course, had Jomtien reset my 90 day, I could have done the two concurrently - but if the online reporting is down again come June, I will have to attend in any case so could show funds at that time.

PH

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No extensions with fixer agent will be obtained in Bangkok.

I seem to recall some using an agent stated their extensions were issued by CW.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

KeyVisa in Pattaya (to name one agent) uses KK and not Jomtien.

KK is a hub for agents use.

A local Isaan agent covering Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Chareon, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, also obtains all their extensions from KK.

Thai Visa also use KK.

Edited by Tanoshi

15 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

certainly my limited experience (Jomtien) between thise who use agents and those who do not, shows that all who apply in person are now being given a letter

Can you name an agent in Pattaya that can obtain extension (retirement) without satisfying financial requirements at Jomtien immigration

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you name an agent in Pattaya that can obtain extension (retirement) without satisfying financial requirements at Jomtien immigration

Do they not "borrow" the bank book, "deposit" 800K, obtain letter and then "withdraw" the 800K?

I do my own, so have no personal experience, but I think a friend who used an agent in Soi 13/x had his extension the day after he applied and it was from Jomtien.

PH

Edited by Phulublub

9 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

That would not help if the Fixer Agent used a fake address for your 1-year extension of stay.

It would be more appropriate to ensure that the Fixer Agent makes use of your actual address when he applies for the 1-year extension, as that would avoid you having to 'administratively relocate' there again by filing a TM-30 when he uses a fake address.

That inconvenience of any TM-30 malarkey is all well compensated for in the reasonable 'convenience charges' of using said "Fixer Agent'

And stop saying 'fake address' as that suggests it is totally made up or  doesn't exist at all wherein the simple reality is it's an address that the holder may not have ever stayed at.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

And stop saying 'fake address' as that suggests it is totally made up or  doesn't exist at all wherein the simple reality is it's an address that the holder may not have ever stayed at.

Why? 

If the person has never stayed there, then it is deliberately wrong, incorrect, fraudulent, fake.  Which other description would you prefer?

Fake:

adjective

1. not genuine; imitation or counterfeit.
    "she got on the plane with a fake passport"

He reported a fake address....

PH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1