PM declares vaccination national agenda as he urges all Thais to be vaccinated

webfact

PM-Prayut-vaccine.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha received his AstraZeneca vaccine jab on March 16, 2021. (Photo credit: Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Facebook page)

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, today (Tuesday) declared COVID-19 vaccination program Thailand’s national agenda as he urged Thai people to get vaccinated as many as possible, pointing out that vaccines are the key element which will usher Thailand through the crisis.

In his Facebook post today, the prime minister reaffirmed his confidence that Thailand would receive up to 100 million doses of vaccines this year, so that 50 million Thais would be inoculated within this year to develop herd immunity to fight against the virus. He also aimed to procure an addition of 50 million doses from different sources, making the total 150 million.

According to the prime minister, Thailand would be the production hub of the British-made AstraZeneca vaccine in Asean with Siam Bioscience, the only Thai firm authorized to produce AstraZeneca vaccine under technological transfer agreement, adding that the pharmaceutical company would deliver a minimum of 61 million doses of vaccine for the Thai people which will provide Thailand with long-term vaccine security.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-declares-vaccination-national-agenda-as-he-urges-all-thais-to-be-vaccinated/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

My other half had to register for her parents on the Mor Chana app. No way in hell could they or their friends do it themselves they just dont have the knowledge. 

They were told becuaee of their age they will get the AZ jab in June. I would be pleasently suprised if they did though.

The best attitude to take, for sure!  Although my wife registered me on the Mor Prom app, and I'm still unclear whether they'll let me get the shot, I am hopefully optimistic but will believe it when it happens, not a moment before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

The only question that remains is where are the reliable vaccines?? Pfizer, Moderna, Sputnik V and Astra Zenica??  O I forgot the second half of this year probably around December.. So we will but we can't

I would go for the Moderna or the Sputnik v because of the coldness needed for the Pfizer. They may be a long time coming if we see them at all but a better choice than just garbing any old vaccine.

"Declares", like he "orders". So imperial.

The regime's repsonse to the vaccination is and will be, the same as their response to every single crisis they've faced: layered in incompetence, malfeasance and corruption.

Their very first step was to set up four (4) committees.

Team A will be responsible for distribution and logistics and will provide personnel and equipment support, plus additional vaccination areas arranged by private companies;

Team B (communication) will work to allay people's concern about the safety of vaccines and persuade them to be inoculated;

Team C (IT operation) will develop a vaccination registration system and provide technical support to the state's official "Mor Prom" Line account;

Team D (extra vaccine procurement) will work with state agencies and private hospitals to buy and offer alternative vaccines to private company staff.

And stop already with the useless apps, just register EVERYBODY.

If they stick with a normal Thai process people will pass away (natural causes, old age) just waiting in line.

Incentivize, cash money, people to get vaccinated.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, smutcakes said:

My other half had to register for her parents on the Mor Chana app. No way in hell could they or their friends do it themselves they just dont have the knowledge. 

my wife asked her parents if they were going to get the jab, they said they will wait to see what happens, but more than likely no, the neighbours on either side of us also said they will note when my wife asked them if they would like her to register them.

The old girls said that the community in the village have all said that they are not going to get the vaccine.

Make of that what you will.

What really interests me is how come we are getting so many variants so quickly, I can't recall ever hearing of like 4 variants of the same virus in a year, could it be because it's spreading so much quicker ?

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Yes, I know several who don't want to be vaccinated.

I also. And more than several.

Given the mobile phone saturation level of the Thai population and the almost exclusive use for social media even in the older population many cite the "bad things" they have been "told" !

• Like 1