PM declares vaccination national agenda as he urges all Thais to be vaccinated

webfact

6 minutes ago, AnnieSeek said:

Will these vaccines be an annual thing? I see many are under the belief that this vaccine is a once (twice actually) in a life thing. 

I think/believe in most medical opinion that it will be no different to influenza shots for the foreseeable future unless it eventually mutates into oblivion as did the original SARS virus.

• Like 1

Like the problem is people not wanting to get vaccines..... 

We have so much in store but problem isn't that we don't have vaccine. Problem is people don't want to be vaccinated ???? 

31 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

What really interests me is how come we are getting so many variants so quickly, I can't recall ever hearing of like 4 variants of the same virus in a year, could it be because it's spreading so much quicker ?

Viruses always mutate. There are thousands of variants. It is just that some variants are more noteworthy than others. Some appear more infectious and spread much easier. None has proven to be more deadly though. If people don't vaccinate, the virus will keep spreading and potentially mutate into something even more dangerous.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

My wife, and according to her, most of the village. 

they are scared of science, give them some hotch potch of herbs brewed by an unknown witch doctor in the next village and they’ll be queued around the block for it.

makes absolutely no sense, I’ve given up even trying to understand it, let alone change their minds.

Pay them 50 baht to get the vaccine and they will still be queued up ????

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The initial registration phase got a very poor response rate so either vaccine hesitancy is through the roof, or the registration process is too much of a pain especially for elders, or both. This is for jabs in June. I'm not at all convinced there will be a shortage in June because of the weak demand (for Sinovac and Astra). 

I registered for the AstraZeneca at the local hospital and they gave me a time and date in early June as dis a few of my expat friends over 60 years.

It was a very simple process took a couple of minutes as it did for the Thais.

Even gave me an appointment card.

Slightly quicker than the ninety day reporting which took four minutes from leaving to returning

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The initial registration phase got a very poor response rate so either vaccine hesitancy is through the roof, or the registration process is too much of a pain especially for elders, or both. This is for jabs in June. I'm not at all convinced there will be a shortage in June because of the weak demand (for Sinovac and Astra). 

30 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Thailand aren't the only ones using that word. In Oz the NSW govt say they are establishing vaccination hubs throughout the state.

But the chances are that the NSW govt will actually do it. There's a big difference between actions and words. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Nations did not need to be rich to order vaccines costing approx 100 baht, Thailand did not do it due to complacency and the usual ineptness.

You are having a laugh. how much do you think it cost the UK to invest in the 7 different vaccines over a year ago and then add on Moderna. Thailand is not in that position to afford gambling on the same scale. Thailand waited until some progress was made and last October decided to go with AZ.

Obviously that was a mistake, if they had gone with Sinovac in October most of the country could be vaccinated by now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

have you heard of any Thais who do not want to be vaccinated?

there are many..

..because there are reports of sudden deaths and partial paralysis after the china vaccine was administered.

https://www.biospace.com/article/death-disability-among-side-effects-of-chinese-covid-19-vaccines-leaked-documents-reveal/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Its everywhere, on Thai tv, media urging everyone to take the vaccine.

People would take the vaccine if there was any vaccine to flipping take!!!! Get the vaccines and people will take them. Stop telling them to take something which you cannot even provide.

And no way are SB providing 60 mill doses this year. You cannot go from never producing a vaccine to producing 6 million in June ans then 10 million in July. They will just look stupid.

'They will just look stupid'.

Where have you been till now?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Therein lies the problem, the reason for the delay.

The AZ local production was scheduled for June from when it was agreed  in Oct.

How long has it been delayed past June? Please post the link.

• Confused 1

Sums up Thailand with bureaucratic <deleted>! Registration/ pink cards / ID . functional developed countries allow anyone to just turn up with ID/  passport and get vaccinated ! Thailand the 'hub' of dysfunctional failure!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One huge problem now is the majority of Thai do not believe, trust or listen to him, and most anything to do with him and what his cronies say they will shrug off in disgust. They all know the Junta was holding out to have SB capitalize off of the AZ vaccine, and as far as I hear from my wife, kids and their friends, they wouldn't touch Sinovac with a golden 30ft pole. He and his junta are solemnly responsible for creating disdain and distrust within the people towards them and their elite. I would hope that he knows that every time he opens his mouth is that he creates Green House Gasses from all the hot air spewed out. Everyone would just love him to tell the real story about Pfizer as it was a huge Thai social media subject he had to close down the FB posts last week as is taboo to talk about. I myself would take Pfizer in a minute and really hope this is not just more lip service and then the excuse oops for why not.. 

• Thanks 1