PM declares vaccination national agenda as he urges all Thais to be vaccinated

webfact

Just now, placeholder said:

Thanks for the correction. I can't find out whether or not the error actually delayed production of the AZ vaccine.

Almost inevitable I guess.......they withdrew all future production of AZ from that plant.

12 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Yes they can take only so many each day, but I sure don't see any posts showing lines of people at the hospitals getting their vaccine jabs which makes me believe it is not happening. 
This was 4 days ago. 

000_97H7AT.jpeg

t-risk people linked to a Covid-19 coronavirus cluster traced to entertainment venues, wait to be vaccinated with the CoronaVac vaccine, developed by China’s Sinovac firm, at a makeshift clinic at Saeng Thip sports ground in Bangkok on April 7, 2021. (Photo by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/tag/vaccine/

Took me all of 30 seconds to find the above photo. 

Who knows which one ? Who know when they really will be available ? They talk, no action.

Talk talk talk. Then they will change there mind again. Well organized bunch of  money grabbers.

Who can believe what they say ?

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Because most Thais regularly travel by air or visit the islands? And a big percentage of people resident in Thailand are expats?

Yes, they do. Since flying these days is the same price as taking the bus...Been a while since you flown? Besides this, my point being you make checkpoints on entry point, but I feel like you understand that perfectly well.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I meant pay Thais. Yes I think that would be cost effective. 

Same goes for Thais. Make checkpoints on entry points, by bus or plane. In other words, you need a vaccination passport for domestic travel.

• Like 1

Just now, Eibot said:

Yes, they do. Since flying these days is the same price as taking the bus...Been a while since you flown? Besides this, my point being you make checkpoints on entry point, but I feel like you understand that perfectly well.

And they camp out on the beach once they get to those island?

image.png.917bcf1dd095cf454289f6936126aeab.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1030220/thailand-average-monthly-income-per-household-by-region/#:~:text=The average monthly income per,around 26 thousand Thai baht.

Just now, placeholder said:

Entry points can be Bangkok bus station as well for example...but like I say, a bus ride or BKK or a plane ride is a couple of hundred Baht difference these days.

I'll keep it simple for you, you make entry checkpoints so that you need a vaccination passport for domestic travel within Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Entry points can be Bangkok bus station as well for example...but like I say, a bus ride or BKK or a plane ride is a couple of hundred Baht difference these days.

I'll keep it simple for you, you make entry checkpoints so that you need a vaccination passport for domestic travel within Thailand.

And those income figures I posted are pre-covid. How much spare cash do you think most thai people have nowadays?

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And those income figures I posted are pre-covid. How much spare cash do you think most thai people have nowadays?

Are you implying people are not traveling at all because of unsustainable income?

Just now, Eibot said:

Are you implying people are not traveling at all because of unsustainable income?

No. Just that even in the best of times, most Thais can't afford to take island vacations. And now, with the weak economy, that's the case more than ever.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

have you heard of any Thais who do not want to be vaccinated?

yes. All of my staff refused to register for the initial phase.

After many meetings with me explaining the safety of vaccines (but one man died - cried my staff) and when my business partner had the vaccine and she is still alive.......

They have finally seen the light and registered for the next phase.

Two out of twelve are still reluctant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Its everywhere, on Thai tv, media urging everyone to take the vaccine.

People would take the vaccine if there was any vaccine to flipping take!!!! Get the vaccines and people will take them. Stop telling them to take something which you cannot even provide.

And no way are SB providing 60 mill doses this year. You cannot go from never producing a vaccine to producing 6 million in June ans then 10 million in July. They will just look stupid.

The Chinese vaccines should be made available at all 7 Eleven outlets, and citizens who get one jab will be given five 7 Eleven stamps each.  On completion of two jabs, each will have accumulated 10 precious 7 Eleven stamps that can be exchanged for one 7 Eleven signature coffee.  7 Eleven should also be allowed to open 24 hours during vaccination period.  It will boost the local economy.

Citizens who choose to have their vaccination done at FamilyMart will be given a special "M card" that will entitle them to 10% discount at all FamilyMart stores islandwide.

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No. Just that even in the best of times, most Thais can't afford to take island vacations. And now, with the weak economy, that's the case more than ever.

I agree. Your point being?

Given that CP own about 15% of  Sinovac Biotech you would of thought the Govt could give CP a little squeeze to get a lot more vaccines over here quickly. The fact that they don't seem to be doing that leads me to suspect 2 things:

1) Actually they are pretty wary of the efficacy and safety of the vaccine

2) They want to hold on as much as possible for SB

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's nice.

Where?

In person huh?

Have a pink card?

People if you're going to make reports like that we need to hear more details.

I live in Fang Chiang Mai Province

No pink card needed although I have one

Only need proof of address.

If you are not registered at the hospital which I am, you need to registered which is only a minor process.

Suggest you check at your local Government hospital and take someone who speaks Thai if possible.

7 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Yes! Thanks to the photos on Facebook of some of the after effects (rashes etc)

Edited by sambum

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Not my fight, but no way did he imply Thailand only has 'several' hospitals.........take your medicine before you log on.

The member posted a graphic showing an empty medicine cabinet implying no vaccines are available; when it was pointed out this isn't true, the response was he tried to find one at "several" hospitals in vain. I stand by my replies.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

The member posted a graphic showing an empty medicine cabinet implying no vaccines are available; when it was pointed out this isn't true, the response was he tried to find one at "several" hospitals in vain. I stand by my replies.

Good for you.

If there is hesitancy in the population to get the vaccine its probably something to do with the vaccine thats being offered.

Pretty sure most Thais are aware of the fact that the Chinese junk seems to be only half effective and has a high prevalence for side effects. 

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Well then prove it.  Show me YOUR FACTS as to how many million doses have actually arrived in Thailand are are readily available.  Seems that even the Thai's are having to sign up on Mor Prom to let them know if and when they can get the vaccine. 

You posted a graphic of an empty medicine cabinet I read to mean vaccines aren't available, which is patently untrue. My evidence...government statements and media reports on the number of vaccines administered and my personal knowledge of Thais who say they have been vaccinated. (I guess you'll say their all lying to me.) If you mean to say they aren't available yet for most non-Thai nationals that would be correct.

9 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Yes but only because the only option they can see is one coming from China (Sinovac) - they are rightfully scared of THAT vaccination. 

7 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

I think/believe in most medical opinion that it will be no different to influenza shots for the foreseeable future unless it eventually mutates into oblivion as did the original SARS virus.

Agree - the UK is looking at the need and practicality for annual boosters. Some people (me included) hope that it might be possible to give it alongside the 'flu shot but it's early days. 

Edited by VBF