PM declares vaccination national agenda as he urges all Thais to be vaccinated

webfact

All this palava by the boss when the local Company have yet to produce any vaccines at all.

Crack the whip Sir at Siam Bioscience to start producing even 5 million a month.

I have faith in the Thai peoples  ability to transport & vaccinate this many people a month easily as they have an amazing knack of "getting this sort of thing done

BUT, BUT, please shut up until you have the vaccines available

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

You posted a graphic of an empty medicine cabinet I read to mean vaccines aren't available, which is patently untrue. My evidence...government statements and media reports on the number of vaccines administered and my personal knowledge of Thais who say they have been vaccinated. (I guess you'll say their all lying to me.) If you mean to say they aren't available yet for most non-Thai nationals that would be correct.

So in other words.  You have no evidence to show how many vaccines are available.  The "empty" is obviously symbolic of not having sufficient.  If you can't grasp that, well then I understand your response.  Your statement is incorrect.  The vaccines are not available for Non-Thais but unless you can show any documentation that demonstrates that the government has actually "received" upwards of 75 million doses.  Not ordered not contracted for, but actually received, there is not enough vaccine for the Thai population either.  So as they say.  Show Me The Numbers not your opinion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

New, more transmissible variant(s) I would guess is the main cause........dodged a bullet first time around......but not his time......in Thailand the lockdowns have become piecemeal and poorly enforced.

Was walking past open bars last night in Khlong Toei of all places.......police swept in on 5 motorcycles.........trouble? Nope......told the owners to drop the front covers down so they they were not visible from the street.

A true "face-saving" solution...TIT! ????

• Haha 2

Please Prayut  Just stop with all the <deleted>.

If you have enough [NOW] Just administer it.

If you don't, [which I believe is the case] just say so.

It isn't much good urging people to get vaccinated when they can't

Just get your finger out and DO something!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Why is it a national agenda item now? Only after an emergency and after you have been exposed as being in totally in over your head? Why wasn't it high on the agenda 6 months ago? Did you just assume none would ever be required here?

Please, for the sake of the nation, at least make an attempt to do a good job. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes this is not good.

Instead of a come and get it attitude they are putting up roadblocks. Thailand will never reach vaccination goals like this.

What are they thinking?

The reason for registering as I found out yesterday was that people are being vaccinated in blocks, I was given a date and time.

How can you have people just turning up, there has to be some system, then if you had to wait all day I am sure that would be another complaint

You cannot do it in Australia and as far as I know the UK

Just now, lavender19 said:

The problem is even the Thais don't trust the Chinese rubbish . My wife says she will not have the Chinese cr@p. And those were her words

Rubbish? Really?

A Small Brazilian Town Is Beating Covid-19 Through a Unique Experiment

This town of 45,000 people in southeastern Brazil has been at the center of a unique experiment for the past three months: vaccinate nearly every adult against Covid-19 and see what happens.

In recent weeks, after most of the adults here got their second dose, Covid-19 cases and deaths plunged and life has started to return to normal as the pandemic continues to rage across Brazil...

All of Serrana’s adults were offered CoronaVac between February and April as part of the experiment, known as Project S.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/brazilian-towns-mass-vaccination-creates-oasis-of-well-being-11620392401

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

You posted a graphic of an empty medicine cabinet I read to mean vaccines aren't available, which is patently untrue. My evidence...government statements and media reports on the number of vaccines administered and my personal knowledge of Thais who say they have been vaccinated. (I guess you'll say their all lying to me.) If you mean to say they aren't available yet for most non-Thai nationals that would be correct.

It would also be correct to say they are not yet available for most Thai nationals, as well.  

Speaking of the Chinese vaccines....

Today, the Wall Street Journal reports that the “Seychelles, which has vaccinated a higher proportion of its population against coronavirus than any other country, is struggling to contain a new surge in COVID-19 infections, raising questions about the effectiveness of a Chinese shot the island nation has administered to the majority of its vaccinated residents . . . According to the health ministry, more than one third of new active cases are people who are fully vaccinated. Authorities in the Seychelles haven’t said how many of those cases arose among people vaccinated with the Chinese shot.”

The thing is though, the signs have been there all along.

As I noted last week, the Chinese government insists that the COVID-19 pandemic effectively ended in their country last February, that their deaths and case numbers have been astoundingly low since early last spring, and that none of the variants have had any impact on their country in any significant way.

The Chinese government is so committed to this narrative that it said it could not conduct the usual testing of the effectiveness of the vaccines, because the virus was so rare in China: “China’s vaccines have had to be trialed elsewhere because the country didn’t have enough transmission itself to conduct them, says George Gao, who heads the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Beijing.” As of this date, there is still no public large-scale trial results of the Sinopharm or SinoVac vaccines among the Chinese people.

Source: 

chinas-unreliable-covid-vaccines-are-under-fire

16 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Today, the Wall Street Journal reports that the “Seychelles, which has vaccinated a higher proportion of its population against coronavirus than any other country, is struggling to contain a new surge in COVID-19 infections, raising questions about the effectiveness of a Chinese shot the island nation has administered to the majority of its vaccinated residents . . . According to the health ministry, more than one third of new active cases are people who are fully vaccinated. Authorities in the Seychelles haven’t said how many of those cases arose among people vaccinated with the Chinese shot.”

As I noted last week, the Chinese government insists that the COVID-19 pandemic effectively ended in their country last February, that their deaths and case numbers have been astoundingly low since early last spring, and that none of the variants have had any impact on their country in any significant way.

The Chinese government is so committed to this narrative that it said it could not conduct the usual testing of the effectiveness of the vaccines, because the virus was so rare in China: “China’s vaccines have had to be trialed elsewhere because the country didn’t have enough transmission itself to conduct them, says George Gao, who heads the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention in Beijing.” As of this date, there is still no public large-scale trial results of the Sinopharm or SinoVac vaccines among the Chinese people.

Source: 

There have been plenty of studies outside of China. The Seychelles experiece is an outlier. What does it matter if the studies are done inside or outside of China? Are the Chinese biologically different from other humans? And I daresay if the Chinese did studies that jibed with what others are reporting, those studies would be dismissed as propaganda.

Edit: Anyway, the Seychelles is mostly using the Sinopharm vaccine with some additional AZ vaccine, not the Sinovac vaccine that is currentlly being imported into Thailand.

Also the article reports that a lot of those cases are among the recently vaccinated. But the article doesn't really break down how many that would be.

In addition, the Seychelles current level of vaccination is not enough to establish herd immunity. And given that it's entirely open to tourists, it's probably getting a lot of exposure to people carrying the infection. It was only on April 28 that the Seychelles imposed restrictions on tourists from India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan: only vaccinated tourists from those nations will be allowed to enter.

Edited by placeholder

38 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Source: 

And the source you listed is the national review a right-wing media source strongly biased against the Chinese.. The article itself is a piece of junk. The author clearly hasn't a clue about what efficacy & effectiveness signify.

Edited by placeholder

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I wouldn't put it past Thomas J claiming that Thailand could have run out of the vaccine yesterday.

I do think they have a balancing act to perform.......the roll out, if it is too successful, might exhaust supplies quickly, which would be a PR disaster.

40 minutes ago, newnative said:

It would also be correct to say they are not yet available for most Thai nationals, as well.  

That's misleading. Starting in June they will be available to every high risk over 60 / certain conditions THAI that has registered. But they will not be available to the vast majority of high risk NON THAIS who have been blocked from registering. Sorry there is no polite way to describe that situation. It stinks big time.

Just now, Surelynot said:

I do think they have a balancing act to perform.......the roll out, if it is too successful, might exhaust supplies quickly, which would be a PR disaster.

Little danger of the rollout being too successful. They're already begging Thais to register while at the same time keeping up road blocks to non Thais.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Little danger of the rollout being too successful. They're already begging Thais to register while at the same time keeping up road blocks to non Thais.

They should grant us temporary citizenship just to boost the numbers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ray666 said:

Who knows which one ? Who know when they really will be available ? They talk, no action.

Talk talk talk. Then they will change there mind again. Well organized bunch of  money grabbers.

Who can believe what they say ?

Sinovac and AstraZeneca. 

2 hours ago, lavender19 said:

The problem is even the Thais don't trust the Chinese rubbish . My wife says she will not have the Chinese cr@p. And those were her words

Smart woman. We feel the same way. I would not accept the Sinojunk if they paid us 75,000 baht each to use it. 

It is as close to the bottom of the barrel as you can get. Only guys like Prayuth and Anutin would even consider the possibility that a 50% efficacy rate is good enough for their plebs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Either way, over 1.3M vaccines administrated isn't an empty cupboard. 

Screenshot_20210512-175609_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9f82e67b92f3f0e4f850ebaacf0f3ee.jpg

They've administered most of the meager supply they had and there's not much in the pipeline until the local production starts so the cupboard looks pretty bare to me.  532,000 fully vaccinated is pathetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That's misleading. Starting in June they will be available to every high risk over 60 / certain conditions THAI that has registered. But they will not be available to the vast majority of high risk NON THAIS who have been blocked from registering. Sorry there is no polite way to describe that situation. It stinks big time.

Guess you missed the 'not yet available'.  This is May, not June.

12 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Nations did not need to be rich to order vaccines costing approx 100 baht, Thailand did not do it due to complacency and the usual ineptness. He should of course be urging ALL who live here to get vaccinated not just Thais. 

Subconscious Xenophobia.......its a national trait.

• Like 2