PM declares vaccination national agenda as he urges all Thais to be vaccinated

webfact

15 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Subconscious Xenophobia.......its a national trait.

They are an inward looking, narrow minded bunch   Oh and Astra Zeneca was developed by a UK company . Full name Astra Zeneca "Oxford" . Shameful that ALL people in a country are eligible from the start !  Yes I'm leaving Thailand June

Edited by pixelaoffy

24 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Oh and Astra Zeneca was developed by a UK company . Full name Astra Zeneca "Oxford" .

AstraZeneca Plc is a combined British-Swedish pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, England. (Astra AB & Zeneca Plc merged in 1999 to form AstraZeneca Plc). A-Z's Covid Shield vaccine was developed in collaboration with scientists at Oxford University, hence the name "Oxford AstraZeneca" vaccine. 

20 hours ago, worrab said:

Many in the village where I live do not want the vaccination! Very poor uptake in this area of Bang Saphan Noi.

My partner said some medics came round the village and she refused what she thought was a vaccine. I think they must have been testing

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 3:55 AM, smudger1951 said:

My partner said some medics came round the village and she refused what she thought was a vaccine. I think they must have been testing

I've never seen medics going around to people's homes. Is that something limited to rural areas? I doubt they would go around to rich folk's homes, especially not anyone who lives in a large property surrounded by a 2 or 3 m high fence. Also, city folk in general (other than slum dwellers) probably aren't being visited either.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:49 PM, poskat said:

so the problem isnt the lack of vaccines, its that people are not going to get jabbed?

The U.S. was jabbing like mad for about 4 months but the last few weeks seem to have slowed down.  Many apparently don't want it or are undecided.  Others probably don't have a clue or don't know how to register or find a walk-in place.  It's going to be a bit of struggle to get more than 50% fully inoculated I'm afraid. 

Farang friends with pink ID cards in the north have managed to register and book appointments for early June. So system appears to be working there. We will hope for a good outcome.