Generic Atorvastatin

patekatek

Does anyone know if a generic brand of Atorvastatin is available in Thailand.  I have used up the ones I brought back here from my last visit to the U.S.  I have tried a couple pharmacies around my rural area with no success.  I did find some Sandoz brand Atorvastatin but it's really expensive, 350 baht for 10 tabs.  I did try a search on this forum but found zero results regarding this medicine.  Thanks, in advance, for any help finding a less expensive alternative.

7 minutes ago, patekatek said:

Please ignore my request for generic atorvastatin...............I didn't know it already is a generic for Lipitor.  Sorry for the frivolous post. 

Except it's not.  It's the name for the active component of Lipitor.  Generic brands of atovastatin available in Thailand include Atorsan and Chlovas.

It's hard to compete with the price/availability in US.

I buy the Sandoz version 20mg. at Ruamchok mall.  Unfortunately I don't remember the price but it is at least double what I paid in US just 6 months ago.  I couldn't find Clovas at a dosage less than 40mg.

The couple that run the pharmacy are very friendly and speak English very well.

drugs.jpg

Edited by gamb00ler

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

Except it's not.  It's the name for the active component of Lipitor.  Generic brands of atovastatin available in Thailand include Atorsan and Chlovas.

I have used Clovas and it's not too expensive.  

Then I found a cheaper generic called Lipostat which was less than 5 or 600 baht for 30 tablets (I forget the exact price).  It's distributed by Siam Pharmaceutical.  I got it at a local pharmacy in Nonthaburi.  

Depending on your dosage, it's cheaper to buy the 40 mg and also buy a 20 baht pill cutter and cut them down the groove in the middle.

I found the full 40 mg tablet made me feel quite ill.

Lipostat.jpg

Edited by Mister Fixit