Thailand reports new daily record of 34 coronavirus deaths, 1983 COVID-19 cases

webfact

35 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The reason I ask is because what I think might be happening is say you get tested on Monday the result comes back on Tuesday then you do a confirmation test say Tuesday/Wednesday and the result of that test  Wednesday/Thursday depending upon what time the test result is known it could end up in the results reported on Thursday/Friday?I have never seen the numbers referred to anything but the reported number of cases with no mention of when the tests actually took place.This is where the lack of transparency seems to come into effect. 

Uk used to have a bar graph on PHE showing numbers reported and then date taken. Confusing as hell trying to interpret the graph, definitely a job for the statistics boffs. Better to look at the presented overall numbers for laymen I think.

• Like 1

Only three Thailand provinces reported more than 100 new COVID cases on Wednesday, while much of the rest of the country was reporting few to no cases.

Ministry of Public Health breakdown shows the three top provinces as Bangkok (976), along with neighboring Nonthaburi (266) and Samut Prakan (110).

Beyond those, there were 56 other provinces that reported 10 of fewer cases for the day, 18 provinces with no cases and 38 with 10 or less, as shown on the graphic below.

So, either the COVID cases aren't occurring lately in most outlying provinces, or, they're not being tested for and found there...

05-12-21n.jpg.478aaba97ad3ca9fab50b9bcc94bad5b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/323507392600925/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's COVID-19 taskforce also reported 1,983 new COVID-19 cases, taking the total number of infections to 88,907 since the pandemic began last year. The total number of fatalities now stands at 486

They have found that a certain number of Covid tests produced a positive number of Covid affected people, and only test that amount of people to keep the result below the 2,000 mark.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Real world data in the UK and now Korea shows the AZ vaccine to be very effective, when used with a delayed second dose strategy.  The trials were sub-optimal but even then it was 75% efficacy in the US trial. It does have a small and rare problem associated with blood cots however.

That delayed second dose is a killer. Do you really want to wait 3 months for your second dose in the middle of a pandemic outbreak like Bangkok?  Indian variant on the way?

Allowing first and second dose interference was a major mistake, one that other companies found a way around.  mRNA: no issue. Sputnik: two different virus vectors. J&J: single dose vaccine.

Otherwise, I am fine with AZ. It's better than Chinese vaccines and no vaccine has significant danger, just take an aspirin. Maybe I would start with AZ, then follow up with an mRNA vaccine when ready.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Uk used to have a bar graph on PHE showing numbers reported and then date taken. Confusing as hell trying to interpret the graph, definitely a job for the statistics boffs. Better to look at the presented overall numbers for laymen I think.

I agree but it would be nice to know what the presented overall numbers represented without the vagueness of these are the reported numbers of cases we are releasing at this time,or we found some positive cases some time in the past and here are some of them.Quite simple to say here are the results of test we took yesterday or the day before.

• Like 1

The effects on Songkran travel still makes its presence known in the small villages in Issan. Some testing in local factories and villages throughout the area needs ramping up:

The village of Ban Wang in Non Thai district in Nakhon Ratchasima has been placed in lockdown until 24 May after five members of one family were infected with Covid-19 at a sausage factory in Muang district

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1392379022907215872

• Like 2

Covid infects 22 members of Thailand women’s volleyball team

Twenty-two members of the national women’s volleyball team have tested positive for Covid-19 after being exposed to four infected sports science staffers, the Thailand Volleyball Association announced on Wednesday.

Covid infects 22 members of Thailand women’s volleyball team

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000799

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The daily range is 1500 - 2500 new cases. Looks flat to me. 

That really is funny.

Time to get the graph paper out.

Plot those figures over a month, even two months, and you will see a fairly significant incline/slope.

Edited by meltonpie

Walk-in cases peaked at the end of April at 2208 per day (7-day average).  A global average of 2% deaths/cases (Now falling and around 1.6%) would result in a 44 deaths (7-day average). I think we are at the peak of deaths in Thailand now - globally the death peak arrives 2 weeks after the case peak.   Furthermore as the daily numbers are now being made up "proactively" the death rate will peak over the next few days then tail away exponentially halving every 18 days or so.  "Proactive" cases aren't sick people and they aren't going to die.

It is hardly Armageddon... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Twenty-two members of the national women’s volleyball team have tested positive for Covid-19 after being exposed to four infected sports science staffers, the Thailand Volleyball Association announced on Wednesday.

I'll stand by with my Vic

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

LOL, what made you think I'm suggesting the UK is lying. I stated that in the UK they are currently recording no deaths and yet they are getting more positive cases than Thailand.

This is a fact not a lie. 

So you accept the Thailand figures now then?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Rockhound said:

Walk-in cases peaked at the end of April at 2208 per day (7-day average).  A global average of 2% deaths/cases (Now falling and around 1.6%) would result in a 44 deaths (7-day average). I think we are at the peak of deaths in Thailand now - globally the death peak arrives 2 weeks after the case peak.   Furthermore as the daily numbers are now being made up "proactively" the death rate will peak over the next few days then tail away exponentially halving every 18 days or so.  "Proactive" cases aren't sick people and they aren't going to die.

It is hardly Armageddon... 

Whether its at the peak or not is not the issue, its how long this goes on for with these numbers, the capacity of the health system, those with severe cases and the growing death total as a result.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No hint of any potential local vaccination production problems here...

PM declares vaccination national agenda as he urges all Thais to be vaccinated

Prime Minster Prayut Chan-o-cha, today (Tuesday) declared COVID-19 vaccination program Thailand’s national agenda as he urged Thai people to get vaccinated as many as possible, pointing out that vaccines are the key element which will usher Thailand through the crisis.

In his Facebook post..., the prime minister reaffirmed his confidence that Thailand would receive up to 100 million doses of vaccines this year, so that 50 million Thais would be inoculated within this year to develop herd immunity to fight against the virus. He also aimed to procure an addition of 50 million doses from different sources, making the total 150 million.

According to the prime minister, Thailand would be the production hub of the British-made AstraZeneca vaccine in Asean with Siam Bioscience, the only Thai firm authorized to produce AstraZeneca vaccine under technological transfer agreement, adding that the pharmaceutical company would deliver a minimum of 61 million doses of vaccine for the Thai people which will provide Thailand with long-term vaccine security.

(more)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-declares-vaccination-national-agenda-as-he-urges-all-thais-to-be-vaccinated/

I saw a news item....video by the AZ CEO...that AZ have just signed with the Singapore government to make their SE Asian HQ in Singapore ! 

For obvious reasons regarding SINs high level of expertise and transparency. 

58 minutes ago, anchadian said:

“These are the normal fees for importing vaccines,” public health minister Anutin Charnvirakul said.

“It includes delivery and quality check and other taxes which have to be paid and there is no profit being made out of it,” he said.

Import fees are only 14%, really?

https://www.trade.gov/knowledge-product/thailand-import-tariffs

Further, the country charges tariffs of 10% to 30% on certain audiovisual products and applies a 10% tariff on most pharmaceutical products, including products on the World Health Organization list of essential medicines.

So who gets the additional 4% of these fees Mr. Anutin, is it a kickback to the MOPH. What a liar this man and his cronies are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

So you accept the Thailand figures now then?

Are you confusing me with someone else?

I've never not accepted Thailand figures. I just think they can find a more realistic picture of the situation with more testing. Test and you will find simple as that.

• Like 1

Read more:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-govt-must-revisit-review-replan-vaccine-rollout-to-survive-latest-wave/

Thai govt must revisit, review, replan vaccine rollout to survive latest wave

The third wave of COVID-19 that rolled into Thailand last month has rocked not just the fragile economic recovery but also the government’s vaccination plans.

The resurgent virus has spawned serious outbreaks in the key economic hub of Bangkok and its vicinity, leaving the government scrambling to redeploy its limited supply of vaccine to COVID hotspots.

“The focus should now be on Greater Bangkok,” said former deputy public health minister Dr. Surapong Suebwonglee. Surapong, also a former deputy PM, is a member of the CARE political group launched by ex-Thai Rak Thai members.

24 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

I saw a news item....video by the AZ CEO...that AZ have just signed with the Singapore government to make their SE Asian HQ in Singapore ! 

For obvious reasons regarding SINs high level of expertise and transparency. 

Do you have a reference? The recent announcement was for BioNTech(Pfizer partner)

May 11 2021  WSJ:

BioNTech to Make (mRNA) Covid-19 Vaccines in Singapore

Pfizer partner says its new Asia headquarters is expected to start production in 2023.

80% of those 400 ventilated patients are going to die...it’s water under the bridge...a few hundred more deaths soon is no reason to panic with new irrational restrictions 

focus on new infections and then hospitalizations to determine future trends...

the numbers are not outrageous given a 70 million population

show the profiles of these patients and then match up to current restrictions....are they an over reaction?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Excel said:

They would never use drones here as it would highlight the members of the government and the Elite together with the puppet masters pals who are contravening the requirements. 

When do the schools go back?