Thailand reports new daily record of 34 coronavirus deaths, 1983 COVID-19 cases

webfact

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1392400449601294336

And here we have it:

The Department of Corrections said that it has found nearly 2,000 cases among inmates. They said they are still capable of handling the situation.

They say they are still capable of the handling the situation? Ok how, would love to see this in English, I guess Richard B or one of the media will do so soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They say they are still capable of the handling the situation? Ok how, would love to see this in English, I guess Richard B or one of the media will do so soon.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1392402555393634307

Department of Corrections says it 2,825 inmates tested positive for #COVID19 (1,785 at the Bangkok Special Prison, 1,040 at the Central Women’s Correctional Institution). This comes after several #ThaiProtest activists incl.

@arnonnampa

and

@PanusayaS

have been tested positive.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1392402555393634307

Department of Corrections says it 2,825 inmates tested positive for #COVID19 (1,785 at the Bangkok Special Prison, 1,040 at the Central Women’s Correctional Institution). This comes after several #ThaiProtest activists incl.

@arnonnampa

and

@PanusayaS

have been tested positive.

Information from the Department of Corrections People infected with COVID-19 were found At the Central Women's Correctional Institution: 1,040 cases, 1,785 cases at the Bangkok Special Prison If compared with the total number of inmates reported on May 2, 64. Central Women Correctional Institution About 23% of people are infected. Bangkok Special Prisons, 54% of those infected.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Information from the Department of Corrections People infected with COVID-19 were found At the Central Women's Correctional Institution: 1,040 cases, 1,785 cases at the Bangkok Special Prison If compared with the total number of inmates reported on May 2, 64. Central Women Correctional Institution About 23% of people are infected. Bangkok Special Prisons, 54% of those infected.

This is a translation from the Thai language which was already translated

5 hours ago, Excel said:

They would never use drones here as it would highlight the members of the government and the Elite together with the puppet masters pals who are contravening the requirements. 

Never heard about the blind drones? What they don't want to see, they don't see.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand's record number of 34 new COVID deaths reported Wednesday is being driven by a slow but steadily increasing number of critically ill patients who are filling up the nation's intensive care hospital beds.

The country also set new pandemic records on Wednesday reporting 1,226 patients in critical condition and 401 of those requiring ventilators to breathe. That critical cases number has almost doubled over the past 16 days from 628 on April 27, and has increased almost daily during the past month. That number had been just a few dozen as of mid April.

The rising numbers of critically ill COVID patients stands in stark contrast to Thailand's overall count of daily new COVID cases, which has been bouncing just above and below 2,000 per day for more than two weeks now, setting no clear trend, as with Wednesday's 1,983 new cases report.

The critical condition group of patients is only a small share of the nearly 30,000 COVID positive patients currently hospitalized in some type of facility (regular hospitals, makeshift field hospitals or hotel-hospitals) under a government policy to quarantine all positive cases.

But that population has been steadily increasing, with new critical cases outstripping deaths or recoveries, to now pandemic record levels for Thailand, fueling the increasing death toll. The day before on Tuesday, Thailand had reported 31 new deaths, tying its prior high from May 3.

A government spokeswoman, meanwhile, insisted that the country's medical facilities remain capable of handling the COVID hospitalizations, including the critical ones. "We can confirm that the existing medical facilities we have are still manageable and still able to accommodate patients, both with mild and severe symptoms," the spokeswoman said.

Overall, Thailand continues to fare better than many other nations in the COVID pandemic, with a relatively low per capita death rate and low rates of reported infections, though the latter may be aided by limited rates of testing.

To combat the pandemic, Thailand has drastically curtailed its economic life blood of international tourism, shuttered all schools and bars, nightclubs and other entertainment venues nationwide, closed many types of public gathering spots in Bangkok and adjoining provinces, and imposed a nationwide face mask wearing policy.

The chart below shows the per capita COVID death rates for selected world countries on May 11, 2021, with Thailand ranking near the bottom based on deaths that day per million population.

797808496_DeathsPerCapitaSelectedCountrieson05-11-21.jpg.48c4a76d2d7fc3cf6b704d67b7c6720d.jpg

Weblink

A very strange graph! I see how India has a 'zero' figure for deaths -- but, on 12 May:

India has posted a record rise in deaths from COVID-19 over the last 24 hours, pushing its total fatalities past the 250,000 mark.

Deaths from the coronavirus swelled by 4,205, while daily coronavirus cases rose by 348,421, with India’s overall caseload now surging past 23 million, according to the health ministry’s data on Wednesday.

Just now, AlfHuy said:

International schools not given any feedback yet.

Today received the invoice for the next 1st term.

An increase of 1,5%

How do they justify this. 1 months now again on online learning. They save tons of money. Little electricity, cleaning etc.

Teachers probably sharing a beach villa and logging in a few times a day.

Not mentioning any discount at all is disgraceful.

Bus fees and lunch fees which were paid in full also not yet considered to be refunded.

Well, if you have less customers, inflate the price.

I understand it will be online learning for some considerable time.  Opening 01 June, I very much doubt it.

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

I understand it will be online learning for some considerable time.  Opening 01 June, I very much doubt it.

For us, 25th of June is last day of this school year.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Supposedly June 1st.

I wager it will be on July 1st, based on the current situation. That;s when we started back last year, bearing mind there were few cases in all of June last year. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well researched article on all the new clusters found and confirmation of the increased infection mortality:

“This brings the mortality rate [in the third wave] to 0.65 per cent,” said Dr Apisamai Srirangsan, the deputy spokeswoman of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA). The mortality rate for the first wave, from January to December 14, 2020, was at 1.42 per cent (60 deaths out of 4,237 cases) and 0.14 per cent (34 out of 24,626) in the second wave, from December 15 to January 2021.

The main clusters in Bangkok as of Wednesday include:

• Forty-one crowded communities in Khlong Toei district
  • Bon Kai community in Pathumwan
  • A construction worker camp in On Nut, Suan Luang
  • Sampeng market in Samphanthawong
  • Baan Yuan community in Dusit
  • An apartment community in Din Daeng
  • Saphan Khao Market in Maha Nak, Dusit
  • Pratunam area in Ratchathewi
  • Rama IX area in Din Daeng
  • Bobae area in Pom Prap Sattru Phai
  • Silom area in Bang Rak
  • Pak Khlong Talat and Yodpiman markets in Phra Nakhon

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27424/daily-covid-toll-hits-record-34-deaths/

What's about social distancing?

Yesterday I saw a pick-up truck with 12 people sitting at the rear of the truck. Small buses loaded.

Ridiculous.

Probably this doesn't count for the rich entrepreneurs, building even more condos.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

International schools not given any feedback yet.

Today received the invoice for the next 1st term.

An increase of 1,5%

How do they justify this. 1 months now again on online learning. They save tons of money. Little electricity, cleaning etc.

Teachers probably sharing a beach villa and logging in a few times a day.

Not mentioning any discount at all is disgraceful.

Bus fees and lunch fees which were paid in full also not yet considered to be refunded.

Well, if you have less customers, inflate the price.

That's the Thai business model at it's best.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I wager it will be on July 1st, based on the current situation. That;s when we started back last year, bearing mind there were few cases in all of June last year. 

Yes it was.  We had the GF's daughter here last year from March to June 30th full time instead of just on the weekends as normal.  Now with the daughters father being down with Covid and the entire family we have no Idea when she may return to her primary residence.  It is a 1 hour drive to take her to her school in Sai Mai.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well researched article on all the new clusters found and confirmation of the increased infection mortality:

“This brings the mortality rate [in the third wave] to 0.65 per cent,” said Dr Apisamai Srirangsan, the deputy spokeswoman of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA). The mortality rate for the first wave, from January to December 14, 2020, was at 1.42 per cent (60 deaths out of 4,237 cases) and 0.14 per cent (34 out of 24,626) in the second wave, from December 15 to January 2021.

The main clusters in Bangkok as of Wednesday include:

• Forty-one crowded communities in Khlong Toei district
  • Bon Kai community in Pathumwan
  • A construction worker camp in On Nut, Suan Luang
  • Sampeng market in Samphanthawong
  • Baan Yuan community in Dusit
  • An apartment community in Din Daeng
  • Saphan Khao Market in Maha Nak, Dusit
  • Pratunam area in Ratchathewi
  • Rama IX area in Din Daeng
  • Bobae area in Pom Prap Sattru Phai
  • Silom area in Bang Rak
  • Pak Khlong Talat and Yodpiman markets in Phra Nakhon

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27424/daily-covid-toll-hits-record-34-deaths/

No mention of any clusters in prisons. Sort of indicates those cases aren’t being counted. I doubt it’s deliberate concealment tbh, just the usual mess up of data collection.

15 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

We still seem to seeing those flat lined numbers at about 2000 per Day.

I was expecting some kind of deviation from this when BMA and CCSA stepped up mass testing in BKK from 2000 to 30000 per day last Friday going through to yesterday { Tues }.

Does this mean that the Covid Outbreak in the Country is starting to show some kind of decline ? or, a I suspect, the numbers are being massaged.

I thought 2k going to 3k?

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your being sarcastic right.  30k tests a day in Bangkok alone, not quite.  Not sure what the true daily tests are but I do not believe they are up to that amount.  They talk a good game but never truly follow through.  All I could find was a quote of 3000 tests a day.

BMA admits Covid virus spreading fast in Bangkok, speeds up testing and jabs | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

The city clerk says the administration, along with the Public Health Ministry and other agencies, are speeding up the collection of nasal swabs for Covid-19 tests, with a plan to test 3,000 people in high-risk groups per day

Ooooppps ! My bad.

Should have read 3000, and fired in too many" Zeros "

Sorry for any confusion and I have made a note to self

Proof read your posts better

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

As I explained elsewhere, it is common for places like California and UAE to report flatlining numbers over long periods of time.

Good try, but that is a logical fallacy. 

Compare California's testing to Thailands.

Also, ask yourself this question - if, for example, Thailand performed only 10 tests everyday and only encountered an average of 1 or 2 cases per day, would you rely on those numbers. After all, California and UAE also have had flat numbers... right? ????

Thailand needs to test more.

California Covid Tracking

711925896_CaliforniaTesting.thumb.png.922cc8187323724f2fb3b626e8240a1e.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockhound said:

... I think we are at the peak of deaths in Thailand now - globally the death peak arrives 2 weeks after the case peak.   Furthermore as the daily numbers are now being made up "proactively" the death rate will peak over the next few days then tail away exponentially halving every 18 days or so.  "Proactive" cases aren't sick people and they aren't going to die.

...and then the Indian 'double variant' came along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

They're not flat-lining.

The daily range is 1500 - 2500 new cases. Looks flat to me.

Really?

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As long as the numbers of hospitalized COVID patients in critical condition keeps rising, it seems likely that deaths are going to continue rising in general....

05-12-21t.jpg.3265f74b64839e2e1b45136b1b6f4f29.jpg

So @Danderman123 and @Pottinger, howdya like them flatlines?!

I can only see it getting worse the incompetence of those in charge failing to have an up and running vaccine program in January could have avoided what we are now witnessing but they chose to listen to the wise one who said that Covid would fly away with the wind how wrong he was . ☹️☹️☹️

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

We still seem to seeing those flat lined numbers at about 2000 per Day.

I was expecting some kind of deviation from this when BMA and CCSA stepped up mass testing in BKK from 2000 to 30000 per day last Friday going through to yesterday { Tues }.

Does this mean that the Covid Outbreak in the Country is starting to show some kind of decline ? or, a I suspect, the numbers are being massaged.

Some call it creative accounting at which these guys are consummate professionals.

• Like 1