Female motorcyclist dead, one injured in late night smash near South Pattaya turn

webfact

6pm.jpg

Police and Sawang Boriboon rescue services were called after a motorcycle collided with a pick-up near the South Pattaya turn off on Sukhumvit Road late last night.

A large crowd of gawkers had gathered, reported Siam Chon News.

Thirty year old Songkiat who had been on the back of a motorcycle was severely injured and taken to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Dead at the scene and covered in a white sheet was the rider of the bike - a 25-30 year old woman who had suffered multiple injuries and head trauma. 

A Honda Zoomer-X was in bits.

The front of a Toyota Revo was damaged. The driver was Angkhan, 38, who said that he was heading towards Chonburi making a delivery of Khanom Jeen.

He said he went through the intersection as lights flashed green and didn't see the motorcycle cross in front of him. 

Dash cam footage from another vehicle suggested that the motorcycle had made an illegal crossing. 

Police are studying CCTV from the intersection to help them come to conclusions. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-12

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Dash cam footage from another vehicle suggested that the motorcycle had made an illegal crossing. 

This above shows that its more likely the fault of the motorcycle driver. Not sure why the male female is important to you.

Unlike you whom apparently prefers using undefinable terms like "suggests" I prefer facts.  Fact 1 - yesterday a Male driver rear ended  a female motorcyclist and killed her. Fact 2 this report today states a female rider was killed by a driver who was a male.   So are facts really to much for you to digest and you would rather go an assumptions, suggestions and other such vagaries. ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 10

The biggest thing i dont understand is why people find the need to stand around looking , its something i have never done , will do or have any desire to do very macabre .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keith101 said:

The biggest thing i dont understand is why people find the need to stand around looking , its something i have never done , will do or have any desire to do very macabre .

you got idiots that like to watch all over the world, but like you I don't. But whenever there is an accident people will watch it stop and so on. The west is the same often police have to tell people to move. Not sure what the attraction is. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said he went through the intersection as lights flashed green and didn't see the motorcycle cross in front of him. 

The lights don't flash green there surely. They turn to green and from green. Sounds like he was racing the  lights. Not unuual to see pickup delivery guys driving too fast,. Tragic waste of life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

So the the report is wrong then is it ? The pick-up collided with the motor cyclist and the pick up was not driverless. It had a male driver. Any driver is responsible for his vehicle so hence he caused the death of the female, accidently or otherwise makes no difference, he was behind the wheel. So as I said, simplified so as not to baffle you, in two days two female riders have been in collision with 2 separate vehicles both driven by male drivers.

Thankfully the legal system doesn't share your misguided logic. Sometimes idiots cause their own deaths.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The lights don't flash green there surely. They turn to green and from green. Sounds like he was racing the  lights. Not unuual to see pickup delivery guys driving too fast,. Tragic waste of life.

Remember that there is translation going on....he could have spoken change to green.

13 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Remember that there is translation going on....he could have spoken change to green.

Yes, more likely, and he was in a hurry to get away..... personally I dawdle in this situation, knowing full well there is a good chance somebody will risk a 'just red' coming from the side.  

• Confused 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Yes, more likely, and he was in a hurry to get away..... personally I dawdle in this situation, knowing full well there is a good chance somebody will risk a 'just red' coming from the side.  

Though be careful where you dawdle; there is also the risk of some idiot coming up behind you and not slowing down because they see a green. So I also check my mirror to see who is coming up behind.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Though be careful where you dawdle; there is also the risk of some idiot coming up behind you and not slowing down because they see a green. So I also check my mirror to see who is coming up behind.

Usually it is someone who has been there for a spell with me... so an unlikely issue. More concerned by those behind,  when coming up on lights changing to red... as I slow down, they are accelerating!????

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fact 1: A motorcyclists made an illegal crossing in front of a Toyota pickup truck. 

Fact 2: One rider of the motorcycle died in the collision. 

The pickup driver did not ‘kill anyone’. For some reason you have added some bias. This is clearly not the pickup drivers fault. 

how do you KNOW it was NOT the pickup drivers fault?? could have been on mobile phone....and also NOT looking forward !!!!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

how do you KNOW it was NOT the pickup drivers fault?? could have been on mobile phone....and also NOT looking forward !!!!

The report suggest a dash cam caught the bike doing an 'illegal crossing'. Whether that means against the lights or something like crossing where it is not allowed, we do not know.  

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, jacko45k said:

The repost suggest a dash cam caught the bike doing an 'illegal crossing'. Whether that means against the lights or something like crossing where it is not allowed, we do not know.  

true......but i read it was cctv NOT dash cam !!!

2 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

true......but i read it was cctv NOT dash cam !!!

Police are studying CCTV, but Dash cam footage from another vehicle suggested that the motorcycle had made an illegal crossing. 

• Like 1

It's weird, one of the main purposes of traffic lights is Increase safety at busy intersections.

But here, Thais have somehow managed to turn traffic light controlled intersections into accident black spots! 

If only people here were taught to have a Just bit more patience...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

If only people here were taught to have a Just bit more patience...

The junctions without lights just get blocked.... although rarely does someone get hurt with all that stationary traffic. Impatient and dumb, bad mix.

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Shouldn't be too look before the "experts" on here decide who was to blame for the unfortunate death of yet another female by a male driver.

Not sure gender comes into the unfortunate incident.

59 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Not sure gender comes into the unfortunate incident.

Well the reports state the gender of the two unfortunate ladies that died as well as the gender of the vehicle drivers. So based on what was reported how can you not be sure gender comes into it ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Really annoys me, help or get out of the way unless you're a witness. I've spent hours on the motorway in England at walking pace because of an accident on the other carriage way and rubber neckers have to try and look. 

1 hour ago, Excel said:

So you think the driver of vehicle is not responsible for being in charge of a motor vehicle ? I stated no such logic. I stated simply what had already been reported , ( I shall repeat so perhaps you didn't clearly read it before but in the last two days two female riders have been unfortunately killed due to collisions with motor vehicles, both driven by male drivers) now if you are unable to comprehend that then that is your problem but please do not make yourself look foolish even further.

You are continuing to imply gender has relevance. 

IF only female motorcyclists are killed in accidents and IF the drivers of the vehicles involved in those accidents are only ever male then gender could be considered a significant factor. 

But, the probability is also high that over the past couple of days  ‘male motorcyclists’ also died on Thailands roads as a result of a collision with a female driver.

Thus: You seem to want to imply that the pickup driver is at fault because he was male which is somewhat daft. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Well the reports state the gender of the two unfortunate ladies that died as well as the gender of the vehicle drivers. So based on what was reported how can you not be sure gender comes into it ?

There was only 1 person who died in this accident but you are too busy trying to prove that you are a complete goose and that you have not read the OP properly before you prove that my assumption of you is correct.

Edited by Russell17au