Female motorcyclist dead, one injured in late night smash near South Pattaya turn

webfact

By reading the OP the bike rider that died suffered from "serious injuries plus head trauma". The "head trauma" part would be a good indication the the rider was not wearing a helmet. The bike passenger may have been wearing the only helmet because the person was not listed with head trauma injuries

1 hour ago, Excel said:

So you think the driver of vehicle is not responsible for being in charge of a motor vehicle ? I stated no such logic. I stated simply what had already been reported , ( I shall repeat so perhaps you didn't clearly read it before but in the last two days two female riders have been unfortunately killed due to collisions with motor vehicles, both driven by male drivers) now if you are unable to comprehend that then that is your problem but please do not make yourself look foolish even further.

Answer this question honestly....

If it were a male who had stopped in the middle of a highway unexpectedly and a woman driver had run into the back of him, would you be here?

If it were a male rider on the motorbike who went against the lights and got hit by a female driver, would you be here?

You seem to ignore the transgressions of the sadly deceased motorcycle riders and instead blame gender. It's a bit weird.

That is why not even a single other person here agrees with you, male nor female, even if some of them think that the Mercedes driver should have driven more defensively; not everyone is expecting a motorcycle to be stopped in the middle of the road.

You would most certainly throw your toys out of your perambulator if any male here suggested that women should not be on the road if they do stuff like stopping their bikes in the middle of busy roads and jumping the lights because they are too impatient to wait. But here you are achieving the same thing all by yourself. Highlighting that it was the women who put themselves in danger.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I stumbled upon the wording of "illegal crossing".

And this obviously what the scooter driver did.

It's too tempting to go straight from the temple exit/Soi 6 to South Pattaya rd.

Sometimes it ends fatal like here (particularly in the night).

There is a reason for the signage!

https://goo.gl/maps/5CXP6ngA6TNQkSFU6

Even with English text, a courtesy that you will rarely find up here.

When in Pattaya on a scooter I avoid this killer Sukhumvit as good as possible.

illegalcrossing.jpg

You are correct.

From the original article(Translated):

In addition, the good Samaritan's front camera image captures the seconds as the motorcycle crosses the road from the side of Wat Tham Samakkh

So there is no way that the driver would expect someone to come from that side, crossing his path.

Full expect Excel to stay quiet now they realise that the fault does not lie with the male driver or even the male passenger; whose life was put at risk by the female in question.

Sad that they decided to make it a question of gender. Especially now it has backfired so spectacularly.

All of those misplaced insults and attacks. Highly inappropriate.

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

There was only 1 person who died in this accident but you are too busy trying to prove that you are a complete goose and that you have not read the OP properly before you prove that my assumption of you is correct.

Well if you had read from the beginning of my posts on this thread, that is from the first one in case you can not grasp it, I was commenting on the two fatalities , one that was reported yesterday  and the other reported today. Now as for reading properly I suggest you do just that before making non sensical comments. However I get bored with reading from those that are apparently ignorant of the context in which I post so have a nice day, you have just joined my ignored list.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, morrobay said:

The way these lowlife local males drive. Any more questions

You are saying the women are superior drivers?

It was a woman making a wrong turn in this instance it appears, as well as stopping in the intersection.

Poor driving skills from all genders, poor driver training and no respect for the road rules irrespective of gender

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well if you had read from the beginning of my posts on this thread, that is from the first one in case you can not grasp it, I was commenting on the two fatalities , one that was reported yesterday  and the other reported today. Now as for reading properly I suggest you do just that before making non sensical comments. However I get bored with reading from those that are apparently ignorant of the context in which I post so have a nice day, you have just joined my ignored list.

What context?

Irony?

You were literally the first one to reply on this thread...with this comment:

Shouldn't be too look before the "experts" on here decide who was to blame for the unfortunate death of yet another female by a male driver.

The irony was that you were the first 'expert'; in suggesting that it was the fault of the male.

But now you don't seem too keen to admit that it was the female who actually went against the traffic rules to make a dangerous and illegal move because she did not want to have to take the long way around.

Not so different from a female who decided to take a dangerous risk by stopping her bike in the middle of a busy road.

Would you consider standing in the middle of a busy road? Doesn't seem sensible does it?

Is there a reason why you hate men at the moment....or should I not ask? I suspect some here have an opinion on that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

You are saying the women are superior drivers?

It was a woman making a wrong turn in this instance it appears, as well as stopping in the intersection.

Poor driving skills from all genders, poor driver training and no respect for the road rules irrespective of gender

I agree . But in general the males drive faster and more recklessly . And even Stevie Wonder could see that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, morrobay said:

I agree . But in general the males drive faster and more recklessly . And even Stevie Wonder could see that.

Recklessly? You mean like ignoring traffic rules and driving against traffic or stopping in the middle of a busy road without hazard lights.

Your, in general, is just something you made up; where in these two cases the victims made the mistakes that led to their demise. Pick up driver was driving normally, unless you know differently.

Why would a bike not only cross illegally, but not check there was anything coming legally?

Yet you ignore all in an attempt to blame men....something not right there. Bee in bonnet comes to mind.

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

The biggest thing i dont understand is why people find the need to stand around looking , its something i have never done , will do or have any desire to do very macabre .

Many years ago, I ran to an accident scene at the end of my street.  I got there just in time to witness a 12 year old girl die, crying for her mom.   

Never, ever again. 

22 hours ago, Excel said:

Unlike you whom apparently prefers using undefinable terms like "suggests" I prefer facts.  Fact 1 - yesterday a Male driver rear ended  a female motorcyclist and killed her. Fact 2 this report today states a female rider was killed by a driver who was a male.   So are facts really to much for you to digest and you would rather go an assumptions, suggestions and other such vagaries. ?

Yes the facts clearly show that men are driving around killing women.   But never forget "correlation does not imply causation".

We don't know all the details but from what I have seen most of the company delivery trucks drive like they are indy racers.  In any other sane country they would be reported an fired on the spot.  Not saying it's the case here but I have seen far too much lunacy from these "company" drivers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are continuing to imply gender has relevance. 

IF only female motorcyclists are killed in accidents and IF the drivers of the vehicles involved in those accidents are only ever male then gender could be considered a significant factor. 

But, the probability is also high that over the past couple of days  ‘male motorcyclists’ also died on Thailands roads as a result of a collision with a female driver.

Thus: You seem to want to imply that the pickup driver is at fault because he was male which is somewhat daft. 

There was a dog involved in the first accident, in fact the dog was the cause (allegedly) what was the dogs gender?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Excel said:

Unlike you whom apparently prefers using undefinable terms like "suggests" I prefer facts.  Fact 1 - yesterday a Male driver rear ended  a female motorcyclist and killed her. Fact 2 this report today states a female rider was killed by a driver who was a male.   So are facts really to much for you to digest and you would rather go an assumptions, suggestions and other such vagaries. ?

Are you trying to make the case that male car drivers are intentionally trying to kill female motorcyclists.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2021 at 10:17 AM, webfact said:

Police are studying CCTV from the intersection to help them come to conclusions. 

CCTV in Pattaya only works selectively and then only to help Plod come to the right conclusion for them.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, robblok said:

Stop digging that hole you only get in deeper. We are talking about guilt and responsibility in this case. Dashcam footage shows that the motorcycle was in the wrong making an illegal crossing. So then you cannot blame the car driver. 

Almost all post go against you so its quite likely your wrong. 

I often notice the weakest uninformed posts are first. In a rush to be first they don't read the Op properly, never read the link or watch the video.

This one somehow brought sexism into it. Weird. 

Thankyou for providing real information as opposed to just ranting about something imagined. 

This forum needs more of it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

CCTV in Pattaya only works selectively and then only to help Plod come to the right conclusion for them.

We need an update on the % of CCCV cameras that are currently working. I recall some time back that a review produced a rather small number.

Edited by jacko45k