90-day reports not needed with COVID extensions?

When I tried to do my 90-day report in person, I was told that for those on COVID extensions, it wasn't required. I was already there and still wanted to do it (10 minutes for peace of mind is worth it IMO), but was told I don't need it .

Haven't read much about this on TVF. Is this official? Has anyone on COVID extensions had any issues from not doing a 90-day report?

NOTE: Maybe this is not applicable to all provinces. Don't take this post as official info.

I think it is selfexplanatory actually. A 90 days report is for people staying 90 days or longer in Thailand. If you have an extension of stay for just 60 days, so why even bother????

glegolo

I was told today at Chaengwattana that proof of a 90 day report was needed to apply for a new COVID extension. I was instructed to go to MTT and file for one.

I am on a Non-imm B that was cancelled in September 2020 when I lost my job due to a layoff. Since then, I have been on 60 day COVID extensions. I was not aware that these extensions required 90 day reporting. My former company filed my last 90 day report in September 2020. It has never been mentioned when applying for an extension before.

I went to MTT and the first officer I spoke with said COVID extensions did not need 90 day reports, but then he told me to talk with another officer who told me the 90 reporting was in fact overdue and I still should have been filing them because my (cancelled) visa is a Non-imm B.  It was a contradiction between the two officers in about 60 seconds. I raised the fact that the previous officer has just told me it wasn't required and the new officer seemed a bit angry. 

They were asking for a 2000 baht fine in order to get straight with the 90 day reporting. This seems to be contradictory to what is in this thread as well. Is there anything I can point to in the immigration's own published guidelines that supports this? It would save me 2000 baht I suppose. 

I didn't pay today, because I also require a TM30 this time around. This is due to obtaining my last extension in Surat Thani while on a getaway. The first time I have ever dealt with a TM30 and trying to navigate that as well now too. 

Clarification on this 90 report fine would be appreciated. Thanks. 

On 5/12/2021 at 12:48 PM, glegolo said:

I think it is selfexplanatory actually. A 90 days report is for people staying 90 days or longer in Thailand. If you have an extension of stay for just 60 days, so why even bother????

glegolo

From his post it sounds like he stayed in Thailand longer than 90 days.

On 5/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, ThLT said:

Haven't read much about this on TVF. Is this official? Has anyone on COVID extensions had any issues from not doing a 90-day report?

It doesn't exist in writing, but in general immigration doesn't want 90 day reports from tourists, that's just how they handle it.

15 minutes ago, SodaManao777 said:

Is there anything I can point to in the immigration's own published guidelines that supports this?

No, there is nothing. The written rules say if more than 90 days, then 90 day report. But for tourists they ignore this rule.

Edited by jackdd

4 hours ago, SodaManao777 said:

I was told today at Chaengwattana that proof of a 90 day report was needed to apply for a new COVID extension. I was instructed to go to MTT and file for one.

I am on a Non-imm B that was cancelled in September 2020 when I lost my job due to a layoff. Since then, I have been on 60 day COVID extensions. I was not aware that these extensions required 90 day reporting. My former company filed my last 90 day report in September 2020. It has never been mentioned when applying for an extension before.

I went to MTT and the first officer I spoke with said COVID extensions did not need 90 day reports, but then he told me to talk with another officer who told me the 90 reporting was in fact overdue and I still should have been filing them because my (cancelled) visa is a Non-imm B.  It was a contradiction between the two officers in about 60 seconds. I raised the fact that the previous officer has just told me it wasn't required and the new officer seemed a bit angry. 

They were asking for a 2000 baht fine in order to get straight with the 90 day reporting. This seems to be contradictory to what is in this thread as well. Is there anything I can point to in the immigration's own published guidelines that supports this? It would save me 2000 baht I suppose. 

I didn't pay today, because I also require a TM30 this time around. This is due to obtaining my last extension in Surat Thani while on a getaway. The first time I have ever dealt with a TM30 and trying to navigate that as well now too. 

Clarification on this 90 report fine would be appreciated. Thanks. 

For tourist visa extensions of stay, they haven't required it.  However, with the visa you entered on or were last on, you were in the normal procedures, with at least one 90 day being filed.  So that's probably why you'll have to do them. It is expected for your visa type.  Even if cancelled, it is the ability to stay on that visa that is being extended.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Carmine6 said:

For tourist visa extensions of stay, they haven't required it.  However, with the visa you entered on or were last on, you were in the normal procedures, with at least one 90 day being filed.  So that's probably why you'll have to do them. It is expected for your visa type.  Even if cancelled, it is the ability to stay on that visa that is being extended.

That makes sense.  Thank you very much. 

Not sure why I wasn't seeing it that way.  That seems perfectly reasonable.  I think it just caught me off guard. 

Edited by SodaManao777

I've been getting covid extensions since they first started. I got them after my non-imm 'O' expired. I have to do the 90 day reporting at MTT. It does seem whacky having to report every 90 days and applying for extensions (for which you inform of your residence) every 60 days. I live close to CW and MTT so it's no real bother and it gets me out of the house. ????  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Can I get an extension based on covid?

Either that or a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months to apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage to a Thai.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobandyson said:

I've been getting covid extensions since they first started. I got them after my non-imm 'O' expired. I have to do the 90 day reporting at MTT. It does seem whacky having to report every 90 days and applying for extensions (for which you inform of your residence) every 60 days. I live close to CW and MTT so it's no real bother and it gets me out of the house. ????  

What reason did you write on the form for wanting the covid extention. 

Was told by two immigration officers that I didn't need to do a 90-day report (even asked each a second time to confirm). Mind you, they both didn't check my initial visa before claiming this (I'm on COVID extensions, entered on Non-Immigrant ED visa).

With @SodaManao777's report, does that mean that those who entered on a tourist visa don't need 90-day reports, but those who entered on a Non-Immigrant visa actually do need to do them?

It's surprising two immigration officers didn't check the visa before saying this...

Edited by ThLT

15 hours ago, Randell jones said:

What reason did you write on the form for wanting the covid extention.

Reason was for visiting family and awaiting a vaccination.

You'll be given an extra form to fill-in once you hand over all the required forms, documents, copies etc. that'll get a brief check. The form will have 4 tick boxes. I selected 'My embassy does not issue letters etc......'

Went to CW today and have to return June 2nd to get the stamp. Then I'm down to do a 90 day report on July 21st at MTT. 

????

• Thanks 1

I came on visa exemption, then stayed on COVID extensions for over a year. For about 10 months I hadn't needed to do a 90 day report, but then after procuring another COVID extension at Chiang Mai they arbitrarily gave me a follow-up 90-day report date. I asked the volunteer about it, and he said that all visa types need to do it, in theory, but now that they've explicitly asked me I'm apparently on the cycle.

• Like 1