Exercise

lelapin

Tony's Gym at the corner of Third and South is advertising sale of equipment if you want to consider not much used secong hand.

Otherwise there's a shop on the corner of North and Sukhumvit and just sort of diagonally opposite on Sukhumvit heading towards Mini Siam (U-turn after the hospital), there's a place there.

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What are these machines for please? Exercise?

Same as a wine bottle stopper!   LOL

Funny thing is that a couple of hours ago I ran a set of sprints on mine. Felt just like hard exercise; I was pretty tired at the end, too. So I can't understand your analogy. Get on one and crank it up.

OP, SuperSports has been having a lot of sales in the past few months. Quite a few treadmills, too:

https://en.supersports.co.th/catalog/?q=treadmill

I'm not familiar w/ those brands, but you can Google around and perhaps find some reviews.

I've had a Marathon for years, good machine. Not sure they're still made. Bought it from the shop on Sukhumvit mentioned earlier. A possible advantage of a local shop is that you might be able to get support later. Or, maybe not. Or maybe a shop could support better brands not sold in the shop. TIT. I wore out the switch on the Marathon but it wasn't difficult to replace myself. The panel is about worn out, but still manages to work. When it goes, that'll be a problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Funny thing is that a couple of hours ago I ran a set of sprints on mine. Felt just like hard exercise; I was pretty tired at the end, too. So I can't understand your analogy. Get on one and crank it up.

OP, SuperSports has been having a lot of sales in the past few months. Quite a few treadmills, too:

https://en.supersports.co.th/catalog/?q=treadmill

I'm not familiar w/ those brands, but you can Google around and perhaps find some reviews.

I've had a Marathon for years, good machine. Not sure they're still made. Bought it from the shop on Sukhumvit mentioned earlier. A possible advantage of a local shop is that you might be able to get support later. Or, maybe not. Or maybe a shop could support better brands not sold in the shop. TIT. I wore out the switch on the Marathon but it wasn't difficult to replace myself. The panel is about worn out, but still manages to work. When it goes, that'll be a problem. 

I have a machine standing in the corner of the lounge, and a wine stopper in the kitchen drawer, both unused!   LOL

22 minutes ago, lelapin said:

10k - 15k

You will be able to find something half decent for that price but don't expect it to last forever. My money is on funding a gym membership for six months first, just to see if routine exercise is your thing. I've done both over the years, gyms and home machines, the best is what I have currently which is a 4 mile run every morning on a road through the rice fields. The problem is that running/exercise in place is boring, at least with my morning run I only have to voluntarily run the outbound 2 miles, the remaining inbound 2 miles is not optional and that's quite an incentive.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brierley said:

You will be able to find something half decent for that price but don't expect it to last forever. My money is on funding a gym membership for six months first, just to see if routine exercise is your thing. I've done both over the years, gyms and home machines, the best is what I have currently which is a 4 mile run every morning on a road through the rice fields. The problem is that running/exercise in place is boring, at least with my morning run I only have to voluntarily run the outbound 2 miles, the remaining inbound 2 miles is not optional and that's quite an incentive.

Good points.

Love the scenery outdoors, never got bored running there; when I did so, I also listened to an mp3 player thru earbuds. Great if you can run on dirt. Asphalt, not so much. I'd take the treadmill in that case. Overall an exercise bike is safer of course.

Sadly, gym memberships aren't very useful at the moment in locked down areas. Cardio at home can be made less boring by putting a vid on the big screen to watch or listening to music. I always do. Having complete control of the aircon at home helps immensely also.???? One of our biggest whinges here about local gyms is the lack of good aircon.

• Like 2