Mailed 90-Day Report In BKK April 8 But No Reply Yet

I mailed my last 90-day report to the office in BKK on April 8 but have not yet heard back from them. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the office is backed up at the moment, or if there could be other reasons why it's late. Otherwise, it looks like I may need to make the tedious trip to the 90-day office to see if there's a problem.

I've been mailing in my reports for the last several years with no problems (unlike online reporting, which was always hit and miss).

I mailed in my last one on April 8 by registered mail, as usual. As you know, it's supposed to arrive "at least 15 days before" the expiry date. My expiry date was April 28. I mailed it on a Thursday, so it certainly would have reached Immigration by Monday the 12th, which would still be more than 15 days before the deadline. It's now May 12 and I have yet to hear back from Immigration. I think usually it would have come back by now.

[I went to the thailandpost website today to try and confirm that it actually reached the destination, but unfortunately their tracker feature is not working. But I doubt there was a problem with delivery.]

I searched for news about the 90-day reporting process and found an article from three weeks ago at thethaiger dot com saying that, as the online system is down (surprise), foreigners are advised to submit their reports by mail.

BTW, another article from four weeks ago says the Thai government is contemplating eliminating the 90-day reporting requirement.

Thanks for any helpful info.

There have been many reports of it taking a long time to get the receipt in the mail when sent to Bangkok immigration.

On the immigration website it state to contact them if you have not gotten the receipt by 30 days after your report date.

• Thanks 1

Mine was sent on 30 March and received at CW on 31 March. (Due date 16 April).

6 weeks today exactly since arriving at CW and still waiting.

Off to MTT on Monday 17th (booked appointment) if it hasn't arrived this weekend as it is 30 days since arriving at CW to be processed.

Reading other posts, it takes about 6 weeks to come back.

Not overly worried, but really do not want to go to MTT.

Ah well, ho hum????

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

Not overly worried, but really do not want to go to MTT.

I'm in same boat as you.

There is no way I'm going to MTT to check 'how things are going' with my mailed in report. I also have the tracking and took pics of my docs and addressed envelopes etc.

Worst case scenario is that I drop 2000baht. I'm surprised that the reports are even required given situation in Bangkok. They should be suspended until things change.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm surprised that the reports are even required given situation in Bangkok. 

Yeah, I know.

Have been doing them for nearly 25 years now and have a yellow Tabien Baan to say that I officially live at the address.

Seems to mean nothing.

My latest mail-in report to CW went like this:

- Report due: 29 Apr

- I mailed via EMS: 16 Apr/a Friday

- CW rec'd/signed for report 19 Apr/a Monday

- CW processed: 29 Apr.  This happens to be the due date for current report.  Over the 3-4 years I've been doing mail-in reports to CW there have only been 2 or 3 times they held the report and processed it on the due day to prevent any lost time.  Normally CW has processed my reports same day received or within just a few days of receipt.

- CW returned mailed: Date Unknown....no postmark on envelope.

- I rec'd new receipt: 14 May which is 28 days/4 weeks from my mail-in date.  Much longer than normal as I usually experience 2 to 3 weeks turnaround time and sometimes only around 10 days.

Regarding the requirement for the immigration office to receive the report at least 15 days before the due date, I know that is the stated requirement but for the last 3 to 4 years I have been doing mail-in reports to CW I have never sent a report to arrive at least 15 days before.   

I typically mail-in the report via EMS in the 10-15 days before window and the report is received/signed for my CW typically 2 days later.  This means my reports have been arriving CW in the 8-13 days before window.    Now, the date I put on the TM47 form is typically around 14 days before the due date although I may not actually mail in the report for a few more days.   

And when I was braver in testing the limits of the mail-in 90 day reporting I mailed in a few reports within a week of the due date....the reports were not received by CW until  around 3-5 days before the due date.   They were not rejected....they were accepted and processed just as if I had mailing them in 15 day before the due date.  However, this "braver" testing was done about two years ago; don't know if CW would currently accept a report arriving just a few days before the due date.   Now I just stick to my 10-15 days before mail-in window.

Seeing as I cannot recall any recent reports on here of similarly excessive delays on the part of other immigration offices in processing snail mail 90-day reports, I can only infer that CW/MTT are displaying a level of particularly brazen incompetence in this matter.

Ditto. 6 weeks to the day today. And still looking longingly out the window for the postman to bring good news.

In any case, I have the EMS receipt, screenshot of tracking showing it reached and all copies. So I guess I wont it get into trouble. But I don't want to go to MTT either. Maybe give it 8 weeks by which time it would be close to the next report before making the trek. It would be neat if MTT said, sorry for the bother, we'll sign off on both today.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Why Me said:

But I don't want to go to MTT either. Maybe give it 8 weeks by which time it would be close to the next report before making the trek. 

Im off to MTT on Monday (unless Postman Patchai comes tomorrow) as it will be 30 days after my due date.

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of getting B2,000 out of me!!

14 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Im off to MTT on Monday (unless Postman Patchai comes tomorrow) as it will be 30 days after my due date.

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of getting B2,000 out of me!!

You think they'll fine you even if you have all the paperwork to prove you were timely? Maybe. I'll take a chance and wait a bit.

And if they're going to fine you for being late then you're already 30 days late so you'll be paying anyway. Do post what happens Mon. And ask if you could what the mail turn around time is.

Last year around August which was shortly before it was time for my annual extension of stay, my mail-in 90 report receipt hadn't come back yet...I had mailed it around 3 weeks earlier.  First time this had occurred in the 3 years or so of doing mail-in reports.   I wanted the new receipt for extension of stay renewal purposes because sometimes the immigration officer wants a copy. 

So, I went to MTT with a paper printout of the EMS tracking showing receipt by CW.  The immigration officer told me to got back to the waiting area as she had to make a call to CW.  I expect she wanted to talk to the CW folks to say, "Hey, the farang shows EMS tracking that you received the his TM47 3 weeks ago...what's up?"   

About 30 minutes later the immigration officer called me back to her desk....she gave me a new 90 day receipt....I"m good to go.  And she said if a receipts shows up in my mailbox over the coming days/weeks to destroy that mailbox one....only use the one she gave me.....and nothing never did arrive back to my mailbox.   

Anyway, it was a no drama affair....no threat of Bt2000 fine.....just an unnecessary trip to MTT.   But it did allow me to experience the thrill of finding and seeing immigration office at MTT....not too hard as I drove my own car there.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Why Me said:

You think they'll fine you even if you have all the paperwork to prove you were timely? Maybe. I'll take a chance and wait a bit.

Personally, up to and around 30 days after due date: no

After 30 days, I would think so as it is on the website to contact them if nothing has come back.

20 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Do they update the online system with postal applications once they're approved? If so, you'd know it's approved, even if the receipt went missing in the post.

No report done by mail or in person appears on the online reporting site. It only shows those done online.

11 hours ago, Pib said:

About 30 minutes later the immigration officer called me back to her desk....she gave me a new 90 day receipt....

For late/missing receipts from mail-ins, most recent reports (here and on FB) are that a new/replacement 90-day next report date slip is issued on the spot, no calling to CW or waiting or fine.

• Thanks 1

Im off to MTT tomorrow (Monday) as it is 30 dsys past my due date and I have been waiting for 48 days. Bloody ridiculous.

Of course, knowing my luck, it will arrive tomorrow when I am catching covid at MTT!