No need for 90 day report if in TR visa?

I was convinced that you had to always do the 90 day report (TM47) no matter the type of visa you hold. I went today to Chaeng Wattana to get the 60-day covid extension (unrelated but they extended from the day I showed up in immigration, not from my visa expiration, so I lost a week) for my TR visa, and after this I headed to Muang Thong Thani with all the paperwork for the 90 day report.

The ladies that checks all the paperwork is correct and give the queue numbers shush me away with "tourist visa no need 90 day report". 

Is this correct? Bureucrats here have fuc*d me up a few times in the past with incorrect information, so I wouldn't be surprised.

There is no rule or law exempting tourists from it, so theoretically you would have to do one.

But in practice Immigration doesn't want 90 day reports from people with a tourist visa, they seem to be doing it like this country wide.

I also tried to file a 90 day report in the past, while being on a tourist visa, they didn't want it, in my case this was Chiang Mai.

• Like 2

I was all set to do a 90 day earlier this month on a tourist visa, but was told here i didn't need to. So i didn't, and I received a second covid extension after that date and they didn't mention it.  The 60 day cycle means you're reporting your address more frequently than 90 day reports would do.  So they seem to realize and accept that. I have had a different hotel address on each extension application.

For clarification, the immigration website (English version) says that the first application for extension counts as a 90 day report, so that was a bit under 60 days in country in  my case.  So counting from that was 30 day extension, and first 60 day extension.  Around the time of the application for the second covid extension was when i was going to do the 90 day report.  But it was less than 150 days in country at that point.  Which i think is one of the reasons they have not required it for tourist visas.  It will always be off the day count that normal long term stays are on. And with the extensions in Bangkok going from the application date, it gets even further off the extension renewal cycle.  Tourists would be in the office nearly every month.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carmine6 said:

I was all set to do a 90 day earlier this month on a tourist visa, but was told here i didn't need to. So i didn't, and I received a second covid extension after that date and they didn't mention it.  The 60 day cycle means you're reporting your address more frequently than 90 day reports would do.  So they seem to realize and accept that. I have had a different hotel address on each extension application.

For clarification, the immigration website (English version) says that the first application for extension counts as a 90 day report, so that was a bit under 60 days in country in  my case.  So counting from that was 30 day extension, and first 60 day extension.  Around the time of the application for the second covid extension was when i was going to do the 90 day report.  But it was less than 150 days in country at that point.  Which i think is one of the reasons they have not required it for tourist visas.  It will always be off the day count that normal long term stays are on. And with the extensions in Bangkok going from the application date, it gets even further off the extension renewal cycle.  Tourists would be in the office nearly every month.

If one stays in the country for no longer than 90days no reporting is required.. l have a multi entrance visa . I leave TLand on the 90th day. 

I recently got a 60 day covid extension (after 30 days extension before) on Ko Samui (entered the country on 18.02.21 with Visa exempt) .

Now on my recent stamp it says I need to do the 90 days report, which is confusing me a bit after reading the opposite here.... 

The stamp also says a re-entry permit would be necessary if leaving the country., so not sure if they maybe put the wrong stamp, intended for any Non-O visa. 

I wonder if I should go back there and check, just to be sure...  Or try if I can do it online, seems some people have been successful on doing also the first 90 days report online. 

Edited by CaptainS

15 minutes ago, CaptainS said:

Now on my recent stamp it says I need to do the 90 days report, which is confusing me a bit after reading the opposite here.... 

The stamp also says a re-entry permit would be necessary if leaving the country., so not sure if they maybe put the wrong stamp, intended for any Non-O visa. 

Standard extension stamp.

Other than being on a 'long stay' Visa, such as O-A, O-X, or a 1 year extension of stay, then you are never required to submit 90 day reports, because your permission of granted for no more than 60 days each time.

In essence your reporting to an Immigration office more frequently than those of us with longer permissions of stay up to 1 year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Standard extension stamp.

Here in Chiang Mai they have two kinds of stamps, one for tourist extension, which doesn't have the extra info with 90 day reports and re-entry permit, and another one for longer extensions which says this.

45 minutes ago, CaptainS said:

Probably wrong stamp, or maybe in Koh Samui they use this stamp for all extensions. Usually if they want a 90 day report from you they would also staple a paper in your passport telling you when it's due.

Most likely you don't have to do a 90 day report, but if you want to be 100% sure go back and ask them. Just go on the day when your 90 day would be due, then you can either do it or head straight back home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainS said:

I recently got a 60 day covid extension (after 30 days extension before) on Ko Samui (entered the country on 18.02.21 with Visa exempt) .

I wonder if I should go back there and check, just to be sure...  Or try if I can do it online, seems some people have been successful on doing also the first 90 days report online. 

I noticed the 90 days report stamp when I exit immigration in Samui, so I went back in and asked them. They told that it's not required. Probably they jus use that stamp for every visa in Samui. 

• Like 1