Thailand’s largest wholesale vegetable market partially closed for three days

webfact

12-vet-mar.jpg

Photo from www.brandbuffet.in.th

Simummuang Market, Thailand’s biggest vegetable and fruit distribution centre located in Pathum Thani province’s Lam Luk Ka district, is partially closed from today (Wednesday) until Friday after some workers there were found to be infected with COVID-19.

According to an announcement by the management of the market, only the zones for seasoned and imported vegetables are closed and they will reopen for normal business on Saturday.

The partial closure came after an active screening for Covid-19 conducted last Friday (May 7th) found some infections among workers in the two sections. The closed sections will reopen only to vendors with negative Covid-19 results.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-largest-wholesale-vegetable-market-partially-closed-for-three-days/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

What I find disturbing is that they have to use active screening to find the positive cases and it's often in markets.

Just how many people are really infected but have no or very few symptoms? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

haven't heard so many people infected in the restaurants, and yet, all restaurants are closed. how many examples they need to close all markets?

What are you going to eat when all the markets are closed for weeks? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elcaro said:

rice, ...call it the latest in diets...the no veg diet.

Edited by wombat

1 hour ago, elcaro said:

Got that covered, bought 10 kg potatoes and 10 kg Onions last week,

lot cheaper buying in bulk anyway,

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Excel said:

That seems highly disturbing. I wonder how many thousands had visited this place and now under risk being infected perhaps ? And the bigger picture where and to whom they have spread it to.

And they expect us to believe the daily infection rate is flat-lining around 2,000's... complete BS

Thailand is drowning in infections, and only 3% inoculated.

Great work PM....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, petedk said:

What I find disturbing is that they have to use active screening to find the positive cases and it's often in markets.

Just how many people are really infected but have no or very few symptoms? 

Thousands across the nation are now infected, tests are centered around hot-spots only, Thailand has no plan and no vaccines to stop it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thousands across the nation are now infected, tests are centered around hot-spots only, Thailand has no plan and no vaccines to stop it.

As you can see by the outbreak in the Thai prison. I am sure that has been kept hidden for some time. I cannot believe they found all the cases yesterday.

• Thanks 1