Garcinia Cambogia extract. Any Good?

WineOh

Just ordered 3 boxes of garcinia extract to help facilitate weight loss.

Been reading about it for a while so thought I would give it a shot.

Read some very good reviews, saying that even without exercise garcinia promotes weight loss for the majority.

also gives extra energy when working out.

Has anyone ever taken it before?

What were the results?

I am also on 3 grams of creatine per day at the moment as well. this will be pushed up to 5 grams after a few weeks.

cheers!

5 minutes ago, xylophone said:

The first rigorous research on the effectiveness of garcinia cambogia was conducted in 1998. The studyTrusted Source concluded that it doesn’t perform any better than a placebo when it comes to helping you lose weight.

hmm..

I've checked Amazon, ebay, Lazada, walmart, shopee..

All of them have great reviews for this product, with literally thousands of reviews cast.

Are you saying it is all in the customers head? 

someone gave me some a long time ago and I did not notice any differences... 

my usual response is that if it really worked, the word would have spread far and wide and it would be quite popular and you would not see as many overweight people... 

• Like 1

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

my usual response is that if it really worked, the word would have spread far and wide and it would be quite popular and you would not see as many overweight people... 

It has spread far and wide.

Many people love it.

In fact, some are raving about it.

I have also heard of it.

anyway, 3 boxes for 300 baht, gonna give it a whirl, no big loss if it doesnt work.

Just now, 1FinickyOne said:

Agree.......it is like these hair restoration products and the ilk .......there wouldn't be a bald head on the planet if they worked........most supplements/extracts are just a con for most, not all, people......any half decent diet, bit of exercise, bit of sun.......... and unless you are diagnosed with something specific by a doctor.....waste of money. 

• Like 1

just did a quick search. it seems to contain an ingredient that was banned by the FDA. 

i would do a thorough google search before taking it.

for weight loss (and health), i would recommend a low-carb diet. 

Edited by covidiot
  • Like 2

I used it was not impressed. But @Jingthing used it and it worked for him.

If you want supplements get some fish oil and maybe some berberine. Berberine helps against spikes in blood sugar. Fish oil is good against inflammation. This is useful when working out.

I can't say that i found many supplements that kill apatite a dangerous one that was available in Thailand was sibutramine. Its banned now as some people had problems with it. I used it once and it did curb apatite. Too bad it destroyed my sleep too. 

Caffeine + nicotine gum helps. Still all supplements only help a lil bit. It will still be hard.  

Just now, robblok said:

I used it was not impressed. But @Jingthing used it and it worked for him.

If you want supplements get some fish oil and maybe some berberine. Berberine helps against spikes in blood sugar. Fish oil is good against inflammation. This is useful when working out.

I can't say that i found many supplements that kill apatite a dangerous one that was available in Thailand was sibutramine. Its banned now as some people had problems with it. I used it once and it did curb apatite. Too bad it destroyed my sleep too. 

Caffeine + nicotine gum helps. Still all supplements only help a lil bit. It will still be hard.  

cheers for your reply, Rob.

of course these supplements I am taking will go along with my exercise regimen. 

I'm currently 3 days in and so far so good.

another 2 days on and then having the weekend off.

Anything specifically you can recommend for energy?

I'm taking energy drinks now but any pills you know about that can be bought legally in Thailand?

• Like 1

Just now, WineOh said:

cheers for your reply, Rob.

of course these supplements I am taking will go along with my exercise regimen. 

I'm currently 3 days in and so far so good.

another 2 days on and then having the weekend off.

Anything specifically you can recommend for energy?

I'm taking energy drinks now but any pills you know about that can be bought legally in Thailand?

Caffeine tablets work good. 

There are pre workout supplements but i would wait a bit with that.

Be sure to take enough rest, you need it to recover. It depends a bit on how hard you train but rest is important. During rest muscles grow and you recover so you can burn more fat next time. 

• Like 1

Just now, clivebaxter said:

No that's what I did lost 9 kilos so far and never felt better, did not cut the booze much either

No...I agree 100%......you can even get away with just eating the same stuff but less of it......."as soon as you are not hungry stop eating"......best advice ever.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Many reviews are fake, if you cut out spuds rice, pasta, bread and lower the booze the weight will fall off.

pretty hard to cut out rice with living in Thailand IMO.

Also I love my morning toast.

Just now, WineOh said:

pretty hard to cut out rice with living in Thailand IMO.

Also I love my morning toast.

Very true.....I am trying to counteract the food I want to eat with exercise........got down from 90kg to 74kg.......before  some medical problems hit me, then the gyms closed, ate too much ......no exercise........back up to 82kg and starting the battle again.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WineOh said:

It has spread far and wide.

Many people love it.

In fact, some are raving about it.

I have also heard of it.

anyway, 3 boxes for 300 baht, gonna give it a whirl, no big loss if it doesnt work.

good luck and report back to us others who can also use to drop some weight...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Many reviews are fake, if you cut out spuds rice, pasta, bread and lower the booze the weight will fall off. No supplements are a magic wand.

that is pretty much keto diet.. no carbs, no sugars including the sugar in fruit... 

I have had some success with this - - and there are now keto breads that are not reconstituted cardboard... they have some carbs but not many and there are desserts that are really good.. they use monk fruit sugar which also works for me and I am not into typical sugar substitutes.. 

5 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

good luck and report back to us others who can also use to drop some weight...

I sure will!

They should be in the post this evening so hopefully have them by Friday.

Flash express is great! ???? 

I dropped 15 kg taking one capsule a day for 3 months.

I could really feel the stomach tightening up.

2nd time around not so successful but maintained weight not putting more on.

Would depend on the individual i think.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 3:45 PM, Surelynot said:

Very true.....I am trying to counteract the food I want to eat with exercise........got down from 90kg to 74kg.......before  some medical problems hit me, then the gyms closed, ate too much ......no exercise........back up to 82kg and starting the battle again.

That is so common, i too gained weight because of covid and moving from where i lived to the heart of BKK. I forgot (or actually was too lazy) to move my home gym (lot of stuff i worried i could take apart but not assemble again). But now I have a gym again in my home (and some stuff to sell if i ever move). Weight is going off again eathing healthy again. I never lapse that much its always in the 5 kg range. Now it was a bit more. 

Still i think 6 more weeks and im lean again. For me the only thing that helps is combining exercise with the right foods. What those are is different for everyone. I don't respond better to no carbs then with (medium amounts) of carbs. I actully loose weight easier train better when i leave some carbs in my diet. 

Best thing for me since moving is lean licious meals of around 330 cals in boxes that you can heat with limited rice but a lot of protein. 

On 5/13/2021 at 3:53 PM, farmerjo said:

Some things work for some people not for others. For instance berberine and GGC work on blood sugar levels. So they work better if your high carb to start with. If you have no insulin sensitivity low carb and GGC and stuff will work less. 

On 5/12/2021 at 3:09 PM, WineOh said:

hmm..

I've checked Amazon, ebay, Lazada, walmart, shopee..

All of them have great reviews for this product, with literally thousands of reviews cast.

Are you saying it is all in the customers head? 

Clinical dosage of the active ingredient was about 1500mg (split into 3 before each meal period) what is your active ingredient % and how much/day do you plan to take?

On 5/13/2021 at 3:53 PM, farmerjo said:

The one with majority white kidney bean extract worked better for me.

20190724_115740.jpg

20210522_090436.jpg