Best price for fruits and vegetables, is it now in Summer ? From April/May to ... ? Where ?

salsajapan

hi, is it now in Summer, from April/May and for few months that fruits and vegetables are the cheapest ?

And do you know where to get the best prices ? At Makro or markets ?

Maybe the big market on Theprassit road near Supalai building is the cheapest ?

And do you know what is the cheapest price possible for Durian, mango and other fruits ?

I need to buy a lot for kids charity and animals, so please tell me ?

Durian cheapest seems to be 80thb/kilo ?

Mango cheapest seems to be 20thb/kilo ?

Thank you.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

Known as Ratanakorn markets.
Behind the 7-11, opposite Supalai

Mangos 35bht

Mangosteen 25bht

Dragon fruit 40bht

not sure about Durian.

is it cheaper than makro or bigc ?

• Like 1

Over the years, I've noticed that Makro often has killer sales on seasonal fruit......mangoes, rambutan, mangosteen.   The best part is you can pick and choose.....something many markets don't offer.

• Like 1

Maybe try to talk to some people selling it straight of their pick up . Most of the time they come straight from the farm and maybe you can make a deal with them if you buy in bulk or monthly or whatever . By the way , good work buying and giving it to needy kids and animals ????????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe try to talk to some people selling it straight of their pick up . Most of the time they come straight from the farm and maybe you can make a deal with them if you buy in bulk or monthly or whatever . By the way , good work buying and giving it to needy kids and animals ????????

True that pickup sellers are cheaper than any market !

Might be better to look for more than just price.

I live in a farming village in Chiang Mai province. Our neighbour farms cauliflower, but wouldn't eat their own produce due to the massive amounts of pesticides used. I'm sure it's not the only people using lost of pesticides here. A lot of people are very lazy and using pesticides means there's little work involved and the produce will look very good (since no insects eating).

We have our own little farm and my girlfriend doesn't use pesticides except for some home-grown organic "pesticide". So we try to eat as much from our own farm as possible, as we know it's safe. We also know of some lady in the nearby amphur that also tries to do as much organic as possible, so we also buy from her many times.

Edited by wolf81
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wolf81 said:

Might be better to look for more than just price.

I live in a farming village in Chiang Mai province. Our neighbour farms cauliflower, but wouldn't eat their own produce due to the massive amounts of pesticides used. I'm sure it's not the only people using lost of pesticides here. A lot of people are very lazy and using pesticides means there's little work involved and the produce will look very good (since no insects eating).

We have our own little farm and my girlfriend doesn't use pesticides except for some home-grown organic "pesticide". So we try to eat as much from our own farm as possible, as we know it's safe. We also know of some lady in the nearby amphur that also tries to do as much organic as possible, so we also buy from her many times.

if you believe that anybody can know if fruits or vegetables sold at any market, even organic, are pesticide free, you must also believe in god !

there are no healthy vegetables and fruits sold anywhere in Thailand, so just forget it.

2 hours ago, scoupeo said:

there are no healthy vegetables and fruits sold anywhere in Thailand, so just forget it.

I know that statement to be false as the wife's sister and her husband run an 'organic' farm and he takes it very seriously. Invited to do presentations and such... very smart guy. 

Sure, if I went to my local market, no chance to find or recognize healthy items.

• Haha 1