New Leo beer variant: 'Leo No. 8'

Tapster

For some time now, the Chang and both Leo Beers have been tasting just like chemical Water. Or  Cats P!!$.

There has obviously been a shift, first at Chang, and then the Leo Brewery's toward making the products cheaper.

Dont drink either now, awful stuff.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Me? Tiger or Tsingtao or...

Tiger beer is produced by Heineken Asia at TAPB brewery, Nonthaburi.

Tsingtao beer is produced in Thailand.  https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2011-10/18/content_13921604.htm#:~:text=The company's branch in Thailand,production output in the world.

Which of the two do you prefer? Are they much more expensive than Singha/Leo/Chang?

Edited by ratcatcher
spelling error

5 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Tiger beer is produced by Heineken Asia at TAPB brewery, Nonthaburi.

Tsingtao beer is produced in Thailand.  https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2011-10/18/content_13921604.htm#:~:text=The company's branch in Thailand,production output in the world.

Which of the two do you prefer? Are they much more expensive than Singha/Leo/Chang?

I thought everyone knew Tiger is brewed at the same brewery as Heineken. I've been to the brewery, twice I think.  I'll have to check if Tsingtao has a import sticker next time I am tempted. I've only seen it sold singly and I usually buy by the dozen. 

Chang 25th anniversary stuff is palatable but one has to start on that. Changing to it after Tiger is , well, ughh. San Miguel Light if that is all there is.

I don't buy by price so i am not an expert of prices. I believe that when my wife buys 500ml cans of Tiger they are 50 Baht from the local mom and pop store.

Aaaand ... the lesson is ...

... asking for an opinion about beer is like asking opinions of economists: you get more than one differing opinion from each one!

I am outta here. May you all enjoy the beer of your choice. I'm taking up an easier hobby: herding cats!

????

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

Leo No8 has a better taste (I find) than regular Leo. That's from the tin. No idea if it's available in bottle.

It is. My wife came home with a box of the stuff when we feared a lockdown. Everyone should have a wife like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

They haven't labelled it VARIANT have they.......????

Mutant strain???   ????

Or, perhaps it just means, they've now tried eight different versions of their beer, and still haven't managed to produce one that tastes anything like a real, worthwhile brew!!!

• Haha 2