New Leo beer variant: 'Leo No. 8'

Tapster

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

But I will go try Leo 8 just to say I did. 

You have to look at the date on the bottle or box. Some was filled in Nov, 2020 and the taste is much more bitter as Feb or Mar.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Well I have friends in Oz (wine makers and growers ) who had a great business exporting huge bladders of red wine to China then re~bottleling there. Years of traveling to China and establishing importers and agents etc. Pretty sure they can just divert their wine to the UK.

I am only quoting what I read and didn’t say all wine.
Suspect from what I have seen for sale in the UK on  visits over the years it’s the same bottled wine available in Australia.

I suppose that’s the problem with concentrating on one market.

When I lived in Australia met a couple of people involved in manufacturing who pulled out of China, they said the Chinese want it all their way and couldn’t be trusted, as we now know.

On 5/12/2021 at 3:20 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

I quite like Leo 8. It's very similar to Tapper, in my opinion. My wife, gawd bless her (see post above) recently returned from the shops with Lao IPA which she found at a 7-11 for 65 baht - small bottle. Only found it though in one branch. It's by far the nearest to a proper UK beer that I've had here. Naturally, it isn't Thai and is imported from next door where they know how to make a decent beer. After it passed my taste bud test she returned next time with several more. Cheers.

EDIT: I've just noticed the Limited Edition on the label, which makes me nervous. I'd better have a drink.

Lao.jpg

Regarding the quote at the bottom of your posts. I think a woman looks more beautiful the longer I drink or smoke. Or is that not what you had in mind? 555

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I am only quoting what I read and didn’t say all wine.
Suspect from what I have seen for sale in the UK on  visits over the years it’s the same bottled wine available in Australia.

I suppose that’s the problem with concentrating on one market.

When I lived in Australia met a couple of people involved in manufacturing who pulled out of China, they said the Chinese want it all their way and couldn’t be trusted, as we now know.

Yes, I know what you meant, but just saying it would be very hard for them to try and find new markets, and it's highly competitive with other Oz wines, NZ, South African, Chile, Argentina etc....and of course the French !!

They developed the market in China as my friend was living in Hong Kong which made it easier. 

But they'll survive. It's only a secondary venture and have plenty of money in the bank!!

5 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Yes, I know what you meant, but just saying it would be very hard for them to try and find new markets, and it's highly competitive with other Oz wines, NZ, South African, Chile, Argentina etc....and of course the French !!

They developed the market in China as my friend was living in Hong Kong which made it easier. 

But they'll survive. It's only a secondary venture and have plenty of money in the bank!!

For what it’s worth I had a couple of Chinese clients in Australia originally from Hong Kong, who pulled their money out and opened businesses in Australia and I’m going back probably fifteen years or more.

They told me what it was like trying to deal with mainland China even in those days and said Australia would regret dealing with.

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

For what it’s worth I had a couple of Chinese clients in Australia originally from Hong Kong, who pulled their money out and opened businesses in Australia and I’m going back probably fifteen years or more.

They told me what it was like trying to deal with mainland China even in those days and said Australia would regret dealing with.

Yes so true.

I lived and worked in Hong Kong for 20 years. Many Honkies left or got passports in Australia and Canada particularly prior to the Handover in 1997, fearing what would happen. 

Well, its now happened there.....but a decade or more later than expected. 

4 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Yes so true.

I lived and worked in Hong Kong for 20 years. Many Honkies left or got passports in Australia and Canada particularly prior to the Handover in 1997, fearing what would happen. 

Well, its now happened there.....but a decade or more later than expected. 

It’s very sad, always enjoyed Hong Kong, it had a particularly buzz about it easy to get around as well,  not sure I would want to live there, but never thought I would leave Sydney either.

2 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

It’s very sad, always enjoyed Hong Kong, it had a particularly buzz about it easy to get around as well,  not sure I would want to live there, but never thought I would leave Sydney either.

I got out at the right time,(6yrs ago) but thoroughly enjoyed the easy lifestyle there during my time. As you say, everything easy to get to....restaurants, girly bars, beaches, sailing, hiking.

Very different from the situation here, even prior to covid.....in terms of "easy to get to"

Have permanent HKID so can return anytime ....after they drop the 21days quarantine requirement !!

Also free testing and choice of free Sinovac or Pfizer vaccines.