Is air mail coming from the UK?

ivor bigun

Small parcell posted ems 19 april ,tracked to leaving uk on 22 april ,thats it track and trace Thailand just says same as uk track and trace its left UK ,after that nothing ,anyone recieved anything or been able to track ?

Don't know about UK but from US it's not going well. This is last update (as of right now) of something shipped out of US by USPS. Searching for the tracking number on Track and Trace of ThaiPost shows no data.

image.png.da0dfc2dd00d7a807f3b94dc6ae79bf7.png

1 month, no progress. Mind you, it was from US to Bangkok in a week.

• Sad 1

I've had two parcels stuck now from US. Both posted in early March. One since 20th April last showing as leaving Jakarta of all places. One since 26th April showing in Intetnational Transfer Airport Bangkok. Customer service is non existent. 1545 Number says no one available. No clear announcements as to what's happening from Thai Post. Total cluster mess.

Edited by RayongBudgie

Received some Air Mail docs from the UK yesterday. Posted at the end of April, so I’d have to say yes. 
Maybe if you check at the local PO they might be able to give you a clearer picture.

16 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Don't know about UK but from US it's not going well. This is last update (as of right now) of something shipped out of US by USPS. Searching for the tracking number on Track and Trace of ThaiPost shows no data.

image.png.da0dfc2dd00d7a807f3b94dc6ae79bf7.png

1 month, no progress. Mind you, it was from US to Bangkok in a week.

Agreed. Found this to be the case with two registered letters sent to the USA. Finally delivered. Lack of air flights cited as slowing delivery.

19 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Agreed. Found this to be the case with two registered letters sent to the USA. Finally delivered. Lack of air flights cited as slowing delivery.

Couriers (UPS, FedEx) through which eBay Global Shipping sent stuff, are coming through. Just Thailand Post seems to have challenges. Or maybe they lost stuff, don't know. There's no flight needed from Bangkok Airport to Bangkok as final destination. So it's probably in customs or lost or ... somewhere... wherever stuff goes after leaving Suvarnabhumi airport. Hence in my case it's not lack of planes. For as long as USPS was running the show, all was smooth. Once Thai Post took over... well....

I have a similar problem with a small package going from here to the UK. Its been sat in BKK somewhere for the past 13 days. The track and trace says it is forwarded, but the UK side says is hasn't arrived. If its floating over the Caspian sea, I can only hope the plane doesn't run out of fuel

1 minute ago, tomazbodner said:

Couriers (UPS, FedEx) through which eBay Global Shipping sent stuff, are coming through. Just Thailand Post seems to have challenges. Or maybe they lost stuff, don't know. There's no flight needed from Bangkok Airport to Bangkok as final destination. So it's probably in customs or lost or ... somewhere... wherever stuff goes after leaving Suvarnabhumi airport. Hence in my case it's not lack of planes. For as long as USPS was running the show, all was smooth. Once Thai Post took over... well....

Yes, I have used  UPS and DHL for a cost of about $33.00 to send tax returns, etc. Previous to Covid, I never experienced issues sending registered letters via ThaiPost. Even the last two delays, the registered letters were tracked by both ThaiPost and USPS ... movement from Chiang Mai to Suvarnabhumi was fast and then stopped until I requested tracing. Receipt from US (NY, Jamaica station) to delivery was also slow. 

6 hours ago, malibukid said:

bought a few things on Ebay from the UK, been weeks now.  tried to mail a check to the U.S. last week and was told that mail service had been suspended.  only domestic works here.

"only domestic works here".

That is not correct, mail to the UK was working last week, I sent a registered letter there last Saturday.

Mail (it's all by air) is coming from the UK. I am receiving items regularly in 2weeks. UK and Thai Post Offices are very reliable unlike Couriers (especially DHL) where it's a lottery dependant on the deal they strike with Customs.

5 hours ago, RayongBudgie said:

Customer service is non existent. 1545 Number says no one available.

Don't press "1" for Track and Trace, press "0" for the operator and you'll be asked to hold the line; they are, obviously, short staffed and busy.  I had to hold for just 5 minutes today before an English-speaking operator picked up.

4 hours ago, Surasak said:

I have a similar problem with a small package going from here to the UK. Its been sat in BKK somewhere for the past 13 days. but the UK side says is hasn't arrived.

"The track and trace says it is forwarded..."

Just as likely that, perhaps, it's sitting somewhere in the UK.   Don't necessarily believe everything that the paragons of virtue in the Royal Mail tell you!

Mail was posted in Poole, Dorset, courtesy of  Royal Mail last Friday and am tracking it.

Arrived in Thailand OK, and now on way In transit Sriracha heading to Pattaya City

So, all seems well so far.

Tracking no. LPxxxxxxxxxGB

Your item has been received at LAKSI MAIL CENTRE, Thailand. More information will be available as it travels through the network.

• May 13 2021 10:21 am

อยู่ระหว่างการขนส่ง
    ศป.ศรีราชา
  •  

May 12 2021 04:40 pm

อยู่ระหว่างการขนส่ง
    ศป.หลักสี่
  •  

May 12 2021 09:36 am

ถึงที่ทำการแลกเปลี่ยนระหว่างประเทศขาเข้า
    ศป.หลักสี่

On 5/13/2021 at 8:44 AM, RayongBudgie said:

I've had two parcels stuck now from US. Both posted in early March. One since 20th April last showing as leaving Jakarta of all places. One since 26th April showing in Intetnational Transfer Airport Bangkok. Customer service is non existent. 1545 Number says no one available. No clear announcements as to what's happening from Thai Post. Total cluster mess.

I.ve been waiting for mail since dec/jan .think you can safely say this is not going to arrive????

3 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

My ems  posted on 19 may left uk on 22nd ,nothing until yesterday ,its arrived at laski ,just checked ,out from laski ,so some take ages others quite quick it seems.

Presumably you mean April, otherwise that's seriously bad news.

• Thanks 1