Cancellation of EDU visa and making a Covid Extension

Hello! I need to cancel the EDU visa I have and make a covid extension instead. I made EDU visa in Phuket immigration. And I live in Chonburi now. 

I know that to cancel the EDU visa I should go to Phuket and cancel. But now is not possible to move since new restrictions came.

What do I do in this situation? Can I get the letter from Phuket school and do cancellation in Chonburi immigration?

Or I will be overstay?

I am sure Chonburi immigration would not cancel the extension.

I think you can travel to Phuket if you get have a negative covid 19 test.

One alternative might be to send you passport to somebody with permission to cancel the extension at Phuket immigration.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure Chonburi immigration would not cancel the extension.

I think you can travel to Phuket if you get have a negative covid 19 test.

One alternative might be to send you passport to somebody with permission to cancel the extension at Phuket immigration.

In Phuket you need to do 14day in quarantine after you arrive I checked on the airline website 

and what to do if I don't have someone in Phuket?

Edited by pcholewska

2 minutes ago, pcholewska said:

what to do if I don't have someone in Phuket?

You could try contacting an agent to do it or perhaps the school that will be issuing the letter stating the day you studies end.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You could try contacting an agent to do it or perhaps the school that will be issuing the letter stating the day you studies end.

You know how can I find agent and what they could price for that?

Where did you read that the 14 day quarantine is mandatory? As far as I have understood it, one can enter Phuket as long as one can produce a negative PCR-test. I am planning to move from just Chonburi to Phuket in ten days or so bringing a less than 72h old PCR-test, so I hope I'm right. Otherwise I'm gonna lose some money and go through a lot of hassle.

Quote from The Thaiger:
"Entry to the island, by road or air, will remain restricted and anyone without proof of vaccination or a current PCR Covid test (within 72 hours) will have to do a full 14 day quarantine period (after May 15). The rapid Covid tests that were being conducted at the airport and Tha Chatchai Checkpoint are being stopped from this Saturday."
Source: https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/phuket-restrictions-and-bans-to-stay-in-place-until-end-of-may

Quote from The Phuket News:
“The Phuket Governor has set the goal to have zero cases of new infections within two weeks. We will do everything. No matter what it takes. We cannot be at risk like this anymore,” Vice Governor Piyapong said.

“From now to May 14, we will still conduct the rapid antigen test, but from May 15, all arrivals from any areas without a COVID-free certificate or vaccination certificate must face 14 days quarantine,” he said plainly."

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-rapid-tests-for-phuket-arrivals-from-may-15-quarantine-instead-79938.php

10 hours ago, BUMMERJACK said:

Where did you read that the 14 day quarantine is mandatory? As far as I have understood it, one can enter Phuket as long as one can produce a negative PCR-test. I am planning to move from just Chonburi to Phuket in ten days or so bringing a less than 72h old PCR-test, so I hope I'm right. Otherwise I'm gonna lose some money and go through a lot of hassle.

Quote from The Thaiger:
"Entry to the island, by road or air, will remain restricted and anyone without proof of vaccination or a current PCR Covid test (within 72 hours) will have to do a full 14 day quarantine period (after May 15). The rapid Covid tests that were being conducted at the airport and Tha Chatchai Checkpoint are being stopped from this Saturday."
Source: https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/phuket-restrictions-and-bans-to-stay-in-place-until-end-of-may

Quote from The Phuket News:
“The Phuket Governor has set the goal to have zero cases of new infections within two weeks. We will do everything. No matter what it takes. We cannot be at risk like this anymore,” Vice Governor Piyapong said.

“From now to May 14, we will still conduct the rapid antigen test, but from May 15, all arrivals from any areas without a COVID-free certificate or vaccination certificate must face 14 days quarantine,” he said plainly."

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-rapid-tests-for-phuket-arrivals-from-may-15-quarantine-instead-79938.php

I hope you're right, you're flying or by the ground?

For convenience, I'd ask an agent in Chonburi first. They might be able to entice Chonburi Immigration to cancel your extension from Phuket and issue a Covid extension. That failing, they might have a contact in Phuket to send your passport to.