I'm looking for this

Susco

This is what I'm looking for, and no I don't want to pay 207 Baht for it. Anyone know where I can find that.

I have been to several shops where I thought they would have it, but to no avail, so please no guesses.

image.png.c94353d572f0318d5cc63f5883211de4.png

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just a guess????

Have you tried the water pipe connection areas of your local hardware store.

My homeone has black and blue plastic 3 way hose connectors. 

Edited by Farma
  • Haha 2

Just now, Farma said:

Have you tried the water pipe connection areas of your local hardware store.

My homeone has black and blue plastic 3 way hose connectors. 

What I'm looking for is only 6mm in diameter. You think hardware stores have such small sizes?

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

What I'm looking for is only 6mm in diameter. You think hardware stores have such small sizes?

For one that size look in the "irrigation stuff" area of your DIY place or go to your local "gas bottle and other gas stuff" shop, could be in "brass" but ought to be available.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, johng said:

Have you tried Hardware House  on Sukhumvit  @  Bahn Ampur     they have quite a selection of irrigation pipe fittings.

Irrigation fittings are considerable larger in diameter, this is for inside a coffee machine.

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The Bht 207 is for 5 pieces. So you have spares for when they eventually (inevitably) break.

And it looks like you could specify the size and colour.

Well, I don't need 4 spares, neither is the colour important to me,  and at 40 Baht a piece it is still a rip off.

Non return valves of that size, which I think would commend a higher price, go for 10 Baht on Lazada

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Susco said:

Irrigation fittings are considerable larger in diameter, this is for inside a coffee machine.

Some of the drip-feed fittings are pretty small. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Farma said:

For that small look in the aquarium supply section of global house. I saw similar this morning in my local global house.

I would have taken more notice if I knew you were looking for that particular item.????

Went to a few aquarium shops here in Pattaya, but they didn't have it. Global house may have it, but bit out of the way for me. Would cost me more than 200 Baht lol

A few years ago I bought similar small items, but can't remember where I bought them

Edited by Susco

35 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sounds cheap to me, we had a small plastic pipe connected to a brass piece in our coffee machine and to replace it, we would have to replace the whole thing, e.g. to awkward to put another piece of pipe or hose over it as the pressure would just blow it off, so as opposed to forking out 900 baht for the piece, we purchased another machine for 1,7,00 baht and kept the other for spares in case we need it.

We love our coffee, I wouldn't think twice if it happened again, 40 baht a piece a rip off....lol

No it doesn't sound cheap at all, the parts you buy from the coffee machine makers are extortion.

I have a Philips senseo, and inside is a 3 way valve, which looks like this.

PHILIPS SENSEO 3 Wege Ventil Für Hd-7800 1. Generation Senseo Nr. 9965 000  11409 - EUR 12,95 | PicClick DE

To buy it from Phillips it would cost 800 Baht + shipping.

Now I figured out that with 2 non return valves and a T- connector, I can do the same.

2 non-return valves cost 52 Baht including shipping on Lazada, so I would expect such a t-connector to cost about similar.

Now if i could buy 1 for 40 Baht, it would still be acceptable, but I don't need 5.

In a side note, the very same non-return valves are also listed at 467 Baht a piece on the same Lazada, with free shipping

36 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

If you had bought a pack 4 at the time you wouldn't be looking again now already

Thank you smart Alec, but if you had read carefully, you would have noticed that I said similar small items, not the same items. They were for another application, but if I could remember where I bought them, I'm sure they would also have what I need this time

Edited by Susco

5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

200 baht for 5 pieces, 40 baht each, seems pretty reasonable.

You probably spent over 1000 baht in time already looking for a cheaper solution.

My time is free.

A non return valve cost 14 Baht, so why would a much simpler item cost 3 times that, and then you also have to take 5 pieces to get that price?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Went to a few aquarium shops here in Pattaya, but they didn't have it. Global house may have it, but bit out of the way for me. Would cost me more than 200 Baht lol

A few years ago I bought similar small items, but can't remember where I bought them

i bought a few of these for my aquarium a couple of weeks back from an aquarium shop in naklua ......

From dolphin island - head down the naklua road - 3rd set of lights turn right (towards the naklua post office / sukhumvit) - 100m on the right is the aquarium shop.....

As i recall the connecters were 2-5 baht each .....

• Like 2

Well it took some time to find them with the useless Lazada search engine, but it turned out that 207 Baht for 5 pieces was indeed a rip off, since you can get 10 pieces for 32 Baht.

Will have a look in the @piston broke suggested place first anyway.

image.png.7af45e74ff16e2bcf90bd3e937798d86.png

Edited by Susco

I find it unbelievable that fish/aquarium/pet shops do not have these. It is a simple T. Used for aeration. Although the OP did not mention what size he needs. So maybe the fish tanks ones are too small.

There are many on Lazada. But I still think local tropical fish store would be simpler.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=aquarium+T

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I would hate going shopping with you for what you might class as a big ticket item......say a garden hose!

Who's talking about a garden hose? I'm sure you know the exact places where I can buy the exact item I need.

Why would I pay 207 Baht, or even 40 Baht, for something that cost less than 1 baht to produce?

Edited by Susco
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Susco said:

My time is free.

A non return valve cost 14 Baht, so why would a much simpler item cost 3 times that, and then you also have to take 5 pieces to get that price?

but the fuel in your car is not. You can pay 200 baht and they are delivered to your door or you can pay 10 baht and then use 300 baht in fuel running around to pick the things up. Definitely needs to learn economics and look what cost will be involved in going and pick the item up personally and adding that to the cost of the item.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1