22 COVID-19 cases found in Thailand’s national women’s volleyball team

snoop1130

63438.jpg

File photo from Facebook Thailand Volleyball Association

22 COVID-19 positive cases have been found in Thailand’s national women’s volleyball team, according to the Thailand Volleyball Association.

22 players and team staff, of the 37 team members, tested positive today (Wednesday). The testing of the team followed confirmed cases in four sports scientists, who were working closely with the team to prepare for taking part in the Volleyball Nations League, hosted by Italy, between May 25th and June 19th.

All 26 patients have been admitted to hospital, with none in a severe condition.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/22-covid-19-cases-found-in-thailands-national-womens-volleyball-team/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-12

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Well, they're extremely healthy young athletes. So whaddya expect? But unless they were cloned, most likely they have parents and grandparent and other elderly relatives  who might also have been exposed to the virus by proximity to them.

It's horse hockey to think that they are somehow immune to COVIDs effects.

Even with a mild case (and by the way, NONE of them are recovered), long COVID affects healthy just as much as the old.  IT's 30 percent that have long term health effects, 10 percent or less have debilitating effects that have lasted for nearly the entire pandemic for some.

These sloughing off as "oh, it's nothing" comments are not only childish but dead wrong (not that the poster quoted made those comments at all, nor insinuated them).  But I digress, they had to change the narrative from Bill Gates injecting micro chips into their bodies, so this is the new narrative.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, realfunster said:

I would tend to agree.

Football team, netball team, African gem dealers, Klong Toey, this market, that market, etc etc.

We have over 10 cases confirmed in our company alone.

I think we are beyond the point of clusters and it’s now moving towards pervasive, at least in BKK. Combined with daily significant case numbers and limitations in hospital beds and ICU care, I think we are unfortunately approaching the tipping point.

I hope I am wrong. 

We've seen all kinds of breakouts with professional teams, which is a testament as to how fast it spreads.  

Yes, Thailand is at a tipping point, as the leaders have stated.  That is why they are ramping up lockdowns and hammering into everyone's heads to socially distance.  Deaths mean nothing at all - they do happen.  It's the healthcare system being overwhelmed that is the real problem and believe me, your surgery, cancer treatment, whatever won't go ahead until there is a doctor there ready to help us.  

4 hours ago, Blumpie said:

It's horse hockey to think that they are somehow immune to COVIDs effects.

Even with a mild case (and by the way, NONE of them are recovered), long COVID affects healthy just as much as the old.  IT's 30 percent that have long term health effects, 10 percent or less have debilitating effects that have lasted for nearly the entire pandemic for some.

These sloughing off as "oh, it's nothing" comments are not only childish but dead wrong (not that the poster quoted made those comments at all, nor insinuated them).  But I digress, they had to change the narrative from Bill Gates injecting micro chips into their bodies, so this is the new narrative.  

Not immune but far less likely to develop a severe case being both young and fit. There is a very strong correlation between fitness and the severity of the symptoms. And there is also a positive correlation between the severity of symptoms and the development of long covid. And as I pointed out they still are a potent threat to others particularly the elderly, the obese, and the unwell.

Seems like the general populace has the burden of complying with Covid regulations, but then other groups are allowed to do as they wish. Here, many, many sports teams, from recreation league to professional level were shutdown for a periods of time due to Covid. Thailand is very good at come up with restrictions, but it seems there are a lot groups are are either officially exempt or decide to be exempt on their own.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Not immune but far less likely to develop a severe case being both young and fit. There is a very strong correlation between fitness and the severity of the symptoms. And there is also a positive correlation between the severity of symptoms and the development of long covid. And as I pointed out they still are a potent threat to others particularly the elderly, the obese, and the unwell.

We have two olympic athletes who have had it and they have long COVID.  It has completely debilitated them.

I am very very healthy and I am respectful of the disease.  I know others who still have not got their taste back and we're talking four months.

A friend is in ICU right now on his belly and his lungs are at 50 percent.

I understand if you're a fatso you're going to have more of a problem, as is someone who has serious health issues.  Again, this has nothing to do with deaths or the like, it has to do with the health care system literally crashing.

Just look at India.

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, they're extremely healthy young athletes. So whaddya expect? But unless they were cloned, most likely they have parents and grandparent and other elderly relatives  who might also have been exposed to the virus by proximity to them.

You don't have to be cloned to spread diseases, luckily they didn't also get:

The Cold

Influenza

Tuberculosis

Whooping cough

Diphtheria

Chickenpox

Mumps

Measles

What would they do then, all life threatening diseases too, which they could have passed on to their families.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You don't have to be cloned to spread diseases, luckily they didn't also get:

The Cold

Influenza

Tuberculosis

Whooping cough

Diphtheria

Chickenpox

Mumps

Measles

What would they do then, all life threatening diseases too, which they could have passed on to their families.

I've got some exciting news for you. For all of these diseases, except "The Cold", there are vaccines. Apart from influenza and tuberculosis, vaccinations in Thailand are required for the rest of them. What's more, is there currently a pandemic raging for Influenza and tuberculosis? What are the odds that these women are currently contagious for any of these diseases. How do you come up with such nonsense?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and there you finally can get an idea of the problem....forced to test to take part in an international event and 2/3 infected. You could apply this figure to the prison population etc and the numbers would be so high you wouldn't want to know them so continue as usual, don't test, don't find, a policy which was fine for the Government with milder variants but will come back to bite them now. For those of you that keep talking about herd immunity you need to do a bit of reading......herd immunity with Covid does not work, or exist it just means out of control and high death rate. Wear a mask, wash your hands frequently and stay away from people, that seems to work ????