Windows 10 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)

chrisinth

This is a "just for info" post. Microsoft this week have lifted all the blocks for the 20H2 upgrade for W10. This means that the upgrade is available to everybody with a machine that has compatible hardware and more importantly, wants to do the upgrade. I believe this rollout started a couple of days ago.

Note that it isn't a necessary requirement at the minute to do this, and is probably better if you delay for a while until any bugs that weren't sorted through the insider release(s), are. As said, the post is just FYI.

You will find it in Settings\Update & Security\Windows Update, in the feature update section. I have upgraded 8 machines today, 4 on the company network and 4 at home and haven't come across any issues (yet!). It isn't a big upgrade and I was averaging about 15/20 minutes for each machine, including reboot times. Obviously install times will differ depending on specs of individual machines.

If you're going for it, enjoy.

winver.jpg.354f16f045b5b22d1c022d0d52312a23.jpg

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

Has this upgrade for a while now

Yep, a few people already have it. 20H2 was released (I think) in about October last year, but the quality update section on most computers for it were inactive. Microsoft have now lifted the blocks to this.

11 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

It isn't a big upgrade and I was averaging about 15/20 minutes for each machine, including reboot times.

Slow machines then. Mine took less than 5 minutes with re-boot. i5, 8GB RAM, SSD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Slow machines then. Mine took less than 5 minutes with re-boot. i5, 8GB RAM, SSD.

I should have added the coffee time with that as well as the reboots.....................

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisinth said:

Yep, a few people already have it. 20H2 was released (I think) in about October last year, but the quality update section on most computers for it were inactive. Microsoft have now lifted the blocks to this.

Strangely my troubles with freezing ( now fixed as per my comments in another thread) started in November last year when I upgraded to that release. Because of the issues I had I have reinstalled windows numerous times since and still the problem persisted but now sure it had nothing whatsoever to do with that release. Maybe my imagination but Windows seems to load quicker with that release.

Today on my Tablet/laptop

Win 10 21H1 

O.S. build 19043.985

after short update and even short restart 

Windows Experience Pack   120.2212.2020.0.

Edited by david555