Thai Govt. approves walk-in COVID-19 inoculation facilities in all provinces

snoop1130

Vaccine-Commitee-768x432.jpg

Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul approved walk-in COVID-19 vaccination facilities in all provinces today (Wednesday), hoping to inoculate at least 70% of the population.

The approval came as the government’s COVID-19 vaccination management committee convened for the second time this year. The arrangement of walk-in facilities is to be managed by each provincial authority and will be one of the options for people seeking inoculation. The other channels are through the Mor Prom application or the LINE Official Account and group appointments for each agency.

The new channel will help those without smartphones to register for inoculation to access the program, said Director-General of the Disease Control Department Dr. Opart Karnkawinpong.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-govt-approves-walk-in-covid-19-inoculation-facilities-in-all-provinces/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-12

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, rabas said:

So they now realize all you need is to have vaccines and let people come to get vaccinated.

It took only about 10 days after removing Anutin from the loop.

You don't foresee possible huge problems with this? I think there's a reason why the countries I know about require appointments. Especially in the early days when demand will be high. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Good point. I didn't think of that problem when crowds show up. Also, how would a clinic know how many doses to order if they don't have a clue as to how many prospective clients will show up?

Good point about available vaccinations. Can see it now if they are going to be a turn up and get a shot centre. Queue for hours and then told sorry, run out of vaccine today, try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

In our village there is barely anyone willing to be vaccinated.

They all talk about the "accidents" with Sinovac which are over amplified on their social networks.

I don't see people crowding for a shot in the same way that they crowd to get cash from the government.

I guess we will see soon enough...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Petey11 said:

Good point about available vaccinations. Can see it now if they are going to be a turn up and get a shot centre. Queue for hours and then told sorry, run out of vaccine today, try again tomorrow.

Queue for hours?I think some might start queueing as soon as they hear this news just to be first in line, bit like the atm queues at cash handout time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

I don't see people crowding for a shot in the same way that they crowd to get cash from the government.

Not so sure, the elder generation will queue 24 hours for anything free.... even if it kills them.

The younger generation however are a bit more savvy... they are holding out for something else, or have nothing.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Not so sure, the elder generation will queue 24 hours for anything free.... even if it kills them.

The younger generation however are a bit more savvy... they are holding out for something else, or have nothing.

The young are checking their mobiles.

My wife just handed me a list of 15 things I must do if I really want a vaccination. Thai mobile media if full of such information.

7 hours ago, Brunolem said:

In our village there is barely anyone willing to be vaccinated.

They all talk about the "accidents" with Sinovac which are over amplified on their social networks.

I guess we will see soon enough...

And many of these are elderly too. Many aren't tech savvy so it's hard for them to get correct information, and what they do get is often false and taken as gospel. The latest one is that each jab takes 2 years off your life lol. I could come to pass that anyone wanting a vaccination will be able to quickly get one, seeing the hesitancy among many here. 

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

And many of these are elderly too. Many aren't tech savvy so it's hard for them to get correct information, and what they do get is often false and taken as gospel. The latest one is that each jab takes 2 years off your life lol. I could come to pass that anyone wanting a vaccination will be able to quickly get one, seeing the hesitancy among many here. 

Oh in England some think it makes you infertile,a way to keep the birthrate down. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

Good to plan ahead—give them credit.  All Hell will break loose if the AZ vaccine doesn’t make it in big numbers next month.

'Will' break loose?

Hell broke loose from Wuhan a long time ago.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

A farang went as a walk-in to one of the vaccination centres near a Bangkok slum. They were allowing walk-ins in the afternoon because so many of the slum dwellers were not showing up for their apointments.  To be eligible walk-ins had to be residents of that district.  He thought he qualified because is a PR, has a tabien baan from that district office, where he has lived for 20 years, and a pink ID card.  But no.  "Not for you.  Only for Thai people."  They probably threw doses away at the end of the afternoon, rather than give a single shot to ta foreign resident of the district.  

• Sad 1

Will anyone who gets a vaccine shot have to take selfies of the actual shot and then some of them and the team giving the vaccine showing a thumbs up and a big grin?

I'm assuming that will be the method of proof.

• Like 1

That's all very well, but, will they have vaccines? I mean enough of them.

A Thai friend of mine was vaccinated last week, organized by the employer. When another group of employees showed up to get vaccinated the next day, they were told they're already out of vaccines.