Are Volunteer visas still being issued?

I had to switch from ED to Vol visa last year because ED required going outside the country. Vol visas are able to be issued in country via some below-board hack.

The 2 week quarantine is still in effect so I was wondering if others were still getting Volunteer visas without issue to avoid having to leave the country.

does the volunteer visa give any chance to sign up for COVID vaccine? I have one, but I see foreigners with work visas are higher up on the queue.  Curious if the volunteer would also be at the same level.  If I sign up using this visa would it perform the same as a working visa?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, theWTD said:

does the volunteer visa give any chance to sign up for COVID vaccine? I have one, but I see foreigners with work visas are higher up on the queue.  Curious if the volunteer would also be at the same level.  If I sign up using this visa would it perform the same as a working visa?

Those working with work permits and extensions of stay (not a visa) will have their vaccinations through the Social Security medical plan.

You would be equal to all others that want to be vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2021 at 8:20 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

At the moment we advise to do section 5 / covid-19 60 day extensions for as long as it is possible.

Covid-19 extensions are too risky. A foreigner have to apply for this extension about 1 month before the expiry date of his existing extension. After that the foreigner have to wait for 2 weeks for approval. And what to do in case of rejection? We have only 2 weeks remaining to find an alternative solution.

Edited by friendofthai
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

Covid-19 extensions are too risky. A foreigner have to apply for this extension about 1 month before the expiry date of his existing extension. After that the foreigner have to wait for 2 weeks for approval. And what to do in case of rejection? We have only 2 weeks remaining to find an alternative solution.

If you worry we offer this service with guaranteed approval, and no under consideration stamp (full 60 day extension).

Under standard circumstances we charge 5,400 THB for this service (already includes the 1,900 THB fee).

If you are in Bangkok we offer free pickup/dropoff of your documents.

• Like 1