Do not feed cats inside the condo property, what is their legal right to do this ? who is this condo manager, how to get rid of him ?

On 5/12/2021 at 10:39 PM, samtab said:

what are the legal rights of a condo manager to tell people that it's forbidden to feed cats in the property ?

Are you the only person living in that condo building?   Have you considered the feelings of any other tenants who may have expressed their displeasure at your feeding the strays? 

Perhaps they've asked the JP to tell you to behave better and they prefer the manager being there than you?   

Have you explored your "legal rights" to ignore Juristic regulations by encouraging the strays, and vermin, to hang around by dumping food all over the place.  Just a thought.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I disagree.

Our condo is collecting files for people not wearing masks in common areas of the condo, with quite a lot already collected and donated to Thai Red Cross. There are also fines for smoking in common areas, throwing garbage out the windows, etc. So private entity can enforce the fines. They can also disconnect your power and water, charge you interest on late payments, etc. They can call the cops to take you away if you disturb others and they report you. When living in a condo, what you could be at most is a co-owner. Just like the rest of people. And in democracy, majority sets the rules. Those who want to live by their own rules don't really belong into a community project. They are much better off in their own place, away from other people.

Now with that out of the way - while many (most) condos do not allow keeping animals inside the building, or feeding them inside the condo area (within the fenced area), they have no jurisdiction to what happens outside that area. So feeding animals outside the gate they can do nothing about. Many people feed strays on the streets. I did for many years. Many security guards do, they even collectively adopt animals and put collars on them. You can see them walking to convenience store and buying sausages to feed to "their" street dog, for example. But, had they brought that dog to the lobby and started feeding it there, that would be a whole different story. And this is what the OP seems to be doing.

I would agree with most of your comments .However the supreme court ruled some years ago that cutting off the water and electricity to a condo was illegal .A solution has to be sought legally via the district court.The condo Juristic manager can file on behalf of co owners.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Feeding stray dogs is just perpetuating the problem and their misery, please stop doing it.

I have one particular villa and we always have 2 or 3 cats hanging about outside on the wall sometimes in the garage I dont have a problem they are clean but I have to tell guest not to feed them, dont worry they are well fed,

The problem is when you have gone who's going to feed them, Please dont feed them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@samtab

The manager doesn't decide the condo rules, don't get personal with him.

The condo rules is decided by the majority of the owners in that condo in an election so if it has been approved then you have to follow the rules or move out.

The manager only enforce the rules but not decide on the rules.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Pets are not allowed in most  condos, strays never so why would people be feeding them? You don't solve a feral cat problem by feeding it and thinking you are making a merit. Just like feeding pigeons, it only makes the problem worse. Last condo we lived in with a no pets rule had a women downstairs in a 35 sq meter room with 15 cats, what a stink!

It's alright to feed strays when they are outside the condo but I don't agree with feeding strays inside the condos as it will encourage them to breed and live inside the condo with all the smell, noise etc.

Imagine dozens of dogs barking when you are trying to sleep. It's best to neuter the strays outside.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kennw said:

Sorry but an owner "purchased in your own name" does NOT have a seat on the committee. You are an owner member of the condominium and have the right to vote. To be a member of the committee you have to be elected at the AGM. There are a limited number of places allowed under the condominium law. The role of the committee member is to represent the owners  

True. I oversimplified.

On 5/12/2021 at 10:57 PM, samtab said:

Fine for a stray cat that do not belong to me ? I wish them to try ! let's see who will feel the pain of the fine the most...

another brave man here it seems...

I hope you'll get what you are clearly looking for.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

But cats don't bark.

Anyhoo, the OP disappeared shortly after he kicked of with his rancorous and confrontational tone so assume he's the one who's in the naughty boys corner.

Cats meow quite a lot with a high pitch when they are on heat looking for a mate. It's quite jarring to the ears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2021 at 11:09 PM, josthomz said:

The condo manager can say whatever he wants, and eventually you can do whatever you please. 

He complains, ignore him. He fines you, don't pay it. 

Eventually they may sue you, but if you have money you can find a lawyer and sue them back for not being up to code on fire suppression capabilities (happens in 90% of the condos).... 

If you have time and money you can stand your ground, and mess with them til the point they will just ignore you.

It is unfortunate for the other co-owners but what you write is true

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Hahaha.....good one.

People like this have no concerns whatsoever for anyone else but themselves......pound to penny he smokes in the condo, plays loud music, stores stuff outside in the corridor.........you know the type.

I guess you are  German ...?

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Most Condos, if not all, do not allow pets. Feeding stray animals may be construed as you having them as pets, because feeding them will make them keep coming back for more food. Legally the Manager and you are in a grey zone.

There is nothing the manager can do to you as a punishment. For example he/she can forbid you from using common property such as the swimming pool or the corridors, parking area, but this is not enforceable, as this would involve physical intervention, which is illegal under civil law. Anyway feeding stray animals is not in practice preventable by the Condo management. A Condo is a community of co-owners who collectively have agreed on a set of rules to follow. When a co-owner buys a unit, he/she agrees to these set of rules. The manager is there as a representative of the collective co-owners, meaning he is there for you too, you pay him to enforce the rules of the condo. Still, complaining about feeding stray cats is a bit over the top in my opinion. There must be more important things for the manager to be concerned about:)

Somebody with a brain here ! Sad that not many post useful messages as yours.