Strange and surprising YOUTUBE channels that you subscribe to

In the UK now, there is a trend whereby YouTubers go and film in a public place. Inevitably, they get idiots telling them that they're breaking the law and the police often get called. One of the best ones is Auditing Britain, the police usually go nuts just because someone is filming them and they abuse their powers to harass the person who is filming, well worth watching.

• Like 2

Channel: Vagabond Awake

Very subjective destination opinions by a very well traveled couple. Ironically they promote picking one destination to retire abroad in but they never do. Weak on visa and residency advice. Strong on philosophy on topics such as avoiding being a crime victim.

• Like 1

Destinations  . Vlog about ....um .....different destinations. Here's Pitcairn , home of The Bounty mutineers. Looks like a pretty chill place with a nice climate. Very far from the maddening crowds.

• Like 1

This is a strangely refreshing channel to watch.  An Aussie Expat in Thailand struggling through life.   Down to earth and natural.

Edited by Didhe
Bad link first time!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Thanks for that....the dry humour of my fellow Aussies is always good for a wry smile!

(He is very unlikely to die in Oz quarantine,tho!????)

he might very well,. if he was somehow on that same plane that just an hour ago landed back in OZ - full of the 'recalcitrants' repatriated back from their chosen travels to India during this whole viral scare era...   off to 2 weeks holed up in far off Howard Springs NT 

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

this whole viral scare era...   off to 2 weeks holed up in far off Howard Springs NT 

Sounds like a good idea for a novel..a sort of 'The Magic Mountain' set in the Top End..and I chuckled at your phrase "viral scare era"as well.

Anyways, back on track for excellent YouTube videos.

4 hours ago, Didhe said:

This is a strangely refreshing channel to watch.  An Aussie Expat in Thailand struggling through life.   Down to earth and natural.

I get the message that this video was removed by the uploader. Hmm. So what's the name of his channel?

• Like 2

Channel: Nomad Capitalist

His target market is multi dollar millionaire entrepreneurs, which is definitely not me, but this is still one of my favorite channels. I think many of his videos provide a thought provoking perspective for even broke arsed expats. Also he walks the walk. He gave up his U.S. citizenship.

Channel: Philippines Info Channel 

This guy is a video making machine! Folksy New Englander that clearly feels a personal mission to help expats succeed in the Philippines. He covers pretty much every expat related topic you can imagine and many you can't imagine. Obviously more relevant if you're interested in the Philippines but believe it or not most of his videos speak to more universal expat issues. While his politics are different than mine, he's such a sweetheart that that isn't a barrier.

Edited by Jingthing

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Channel: Nomad Capitalist

His target market is multi dollar millionaire entrepreneurs, which is definitely not me, but this is still one of my favorite channels. I think many of his videos provide a thought provoking perspective for even broke arsed expats. Also he walks the walk. He gave up his U.S. citizenship.

This guy always seemed like some kind of con artist to me.  His advice is usually lacking in specificity.

channel: Viral06
Yeah, well, a thing with Russian dash cam vids.  Usually the crashing car doesn't even seem to be slowing down or averting before impact.
This channel, though, is not limited to Russia.

23 minutes ago, bendejo said:
channel: Viral06
Yeah, well, a thing with Russian dash cam vids.  Usually the crashing car doesn't even seem to be slowing down or averting before impact.
This channel, though, is not limited to Russia.

You see a lot of videos showing meteors lighting up the sky as they hurtle to Earth.  Always seems to be in Russia.  Turns out that dashboard cams are standard equipment in Russia, because there are so many deliberate crashes from people who want to sue you.  Sheesh.

9 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

He seems like someone pretending to be rich and successful, but who is neither.

It's possible.  But I think he was born rich and still is. You know, the way it usually works.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:27 PM, Jingthing said:

Channel: Vagabond Awake

Very subjective destination opinions by a very well traveled couple. Ironically they promote picking one destination to retire abroad in but they never do. Weak on visa and residency advice. Strong on philosophy on topics such as avoiding being a crime victim.

Yeah, that's kind of an interesting channel for perpetual nomads, that popped up on my youtube a few months ago, and I subscribed out of interest. The guy spends time to compose his narrative on each video, and is reflective and articulate, and they spend a lot of time in Central/South America, but his Chinese girlfriend has a Malaysian (maybe Singapore) accent, and I know he spent a lot of time in Asia too. What is amazing is the tips this couple offers for cheap ways to travel the world and tips for travel that I never knew about (and I've been everywhere).

They don't seem to have much trouble navigating the world even in a Covid new reality so not sure what their secret is.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keemapoot said:

Yeah, that's kind of an interesting channel for perpetual nomads, that popped up on my youtube a few months ago, and I subscribed out of interest. The guy spends time to compose his narrative on each video, and is reflective and articulate, and they spend a lot of time in Central/South America, but his Chinese girlfriend has a Malaysian (maybe Singapore) accent, and I know he spent a lot of time in Asia too. What is amazing is the tips this couple offers for cheap ways to travel the world and tips for travel that I never knew about (and I've been everywhere).

They don't seem to have much trouble navigating the world even in a Covid new reality so not sure what their secret is.

They spent a really long time in Dumaguette Philippines recently largely because of being Covid stuck. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

They spent a really long time in Dumaguette Philippines recently largely because of being Covid stuck. 

What's really amazing to me about this couple is how cheaply they can live what seems to be a decent life everywhere on the globe, even enjoying happy hour. They have these amazing tricks for finding cheap places to rent and have sworn off AirBNB and other such commercial services.

• Like 1