Phuket COVID restrictions extended, foreigners breaking order face expulsion

webfact

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Xenophobia raising it's head once again, I agree Richard with your comment regarding visitors, but why don't they comment sensibly like "Anyone failing to observe the restrictions in place reorgarding gatherings will face serious consequences" instead of always blaming the foreigners ......!!!! 

Very well said.  Why do so many Thais in positions of authority discriminate against foreigners.  I drove along the main road of Samui Yesterday, with a mask on and saw no end of Thai People either walking or riding motor bikes with two on it, without face masks and not a policeman in sight!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

You obviously do not read the community case transmissions in Singapore where they are fighting numerous clusters from fully moderna/pfizer vaccinated citizens.

And you read this where exactly???  ...... think I smell an anti vaxxer here

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

that's not true.  There's so far only one case.  A nurse.  But for sure not numerous clusters.

As most know, just because you're vaccinated, doesn't mean you can't get the virus and pass it along.

"four of the five Covid-19 cases who are medical staff working at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) have been vaccinated against the coronavirus."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/disastrous-if-people-overreact-to-vaccinated-people-getting-covid-19-vaccines-do-work

4 out of 5 is only one?

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Xenophobia raising it's head once again, I agree Richard with your comment regarding visitors, but why don't they comment sensibly like "Anyone failing to observe the restrictions in place regarding gatherings will face serious consequences" instead of always blaming the foreigners ......!!!! 

But " Serious Consequences " for Thai offenders will be something like a 100 Baht fine.

Xenophobia is alive and well in Phuket.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Unfortunately foreigners not conforming with the Covid regulations stick out like a sore thumb. I don't know about Phuket but yesterday I was walking through the Royal Garden plaza in Pattaya and noticed 3 expats sitting in the designated rest area chairs with out their masks on. True the chairs were far apart and most probably transmission of covid was unlikely but they don't seem  to understand or care about the big picture. it would not surprise me that the chairs will be put away so that no-one will be able to sit down in the mall because the actions of a few selfish expats. I would like to add that when I was walking through the mall all Thais were in compliance.

Pity Thais don't obey the rules of the road as diligently, they'd save far more lives than complying with the mask rules. Saying that, I think it's insane not to wear a mask in public.

46 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

and how do they see the foreigners are vaccinated???  Tattoo on their forehead?? wearing a yellow star??

It's about entry, so simply show proof of vaccination on entry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pookondee said:

So, One must jump through all the hoops.

Covid tests and certificates, insurance.

Risk of lockdowns in ones own country, and/or flights being cancelled..

Then if/when you finally get to Phukhet

everything is closed and boarded up anyway?

Then theres the risk of getting infected in transit and getting hauled off to some Covid jail.

I love Thailand but it doesnt seem like such a great deal to me.

Friends just back from holidaying in the Seychelles (travelling from/to Europe). Best holiday ever. Clean beaches, friendly welcoming locals, no dual pricing, excellent accommodation, competitive airfares with Emirates. Previously regular visitors to Land of Smirk. No more. Will not return to LoS in the future.

Edited by desert dueller
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:
11 hours ago, webfact said:

that foreigners failing to observe the restrictions in place regarding gatherings may be expelled from the country.

20-years in Thailand.  Fluent.

Married, 5 Thai kids.   4 million spent on children

100 million wais

nowhere else to go

built a house.   4 million

3 cars

etc....

NO MASK........and......it's........all...........gone.......     hahahahahhahahh

this sums up the importance of the falang......less than sick soi dog

Calm down, it says "gatherings", nothing mentioned about foreigners that forget a facemask, apart from a fine same as for Thais. If you are one of the "good guys", you are still "in"...????

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

This the same place that will be supposedly accepting unvaccinated foreigners in 2 months ? 

Think anyone booking this 'free roam vaccinated holiday' now is like someone putting money on zero on the roulette wheel

Don't Run Like A Headless Chicken in The Year of The Rooster | JustRunLah!

No words necessary!!!

1 hour ago, smedly said:

actually various "recent" studies have shown that mask wearing has close to zero impact on spreading or protecting from the virus, yes everyone should obey the rules but Thailand has some catching up to do on all fronts concerning this virus 

I will amend my posting slightly 

The masks being worn in general in Thailand offer little to no protection 

Only high quality masks of the surgical type worn by professionals offer a level of protection 

how many people are wearing those ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, aussienam said:

There are truly some absolute tosser expats for sure, filled with arrogance and suffering severe self-entitlement syndrome.  But on the whole, most expats, to be fair, are compliant and do the right thing.  These miscreants should not become the stereotype figureheads of farangs.  

Correct - nor should the Health Minister blame the spread of Covid on "dirty unwashed farangs"